Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist paused her forward motion at Henri's approach. As he introduces himself she smiles pleasantly in recognition of the name, her gaze taking in the man presented before her. While it wasn't unheard of for a Succubi to not embrace a person of traditional beauty or sex appeal, it was still rare.

Spotting Vivian York approach, the smile curled slightly more with the approach of her clan's whip. "To you as well. She motioned to Henri, politely interweaving his and Vivian's presence into the same conversation. I was just making the acquaintance of Mr. Henri Michaud . He notified me earlier that he would be arriving to make his official introductions tonight. He is of Clan Daeva and a Scribe of the Sanguine Terror," she hesitated at the end, leaving enough of a pause as she glanced to Henri to allow him to correct her if she had mis-remembered the signature on the letter.

Continuing on, she completed the introductions. "I am happy to introduce our Whip Vivian York."

She glanced sideways at the unknown man who had sidled up to the conversation White her face neutral. He seemed to be familiar with Vivian and so it was to her that she then glanced, allowing her the chance to introduce, excuse themselves, etc before they pursued the acknowledging of Henri.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes unlimited sink, West liked this post

Coincidentally enough, Henri's thoughts are also on family, beauty, and desire. The two women before him are prime examples of his clan's proclivity for choosing those who they find attractive, those they wish to possess. And yet, the ones who survive tend to have capacities that far outstrip those of their appearance: intelligence, ferocity, cunning, grace. He's sure that both Twist and Vivian, given their positions, are far more than they seem, as lovely as they are. Not that the two of them suit his tastes when it comes to looks, those run toward a figure more in line with the Prince.

As always, he is keenly aware that his own appearance marks him as an outlier among them, as a member of their family. This does not bother him, however. It is a testament to the fact that desire does not live and die by the shape of the object desired. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder certainly, but it should never be forgotten that we have eyes so that we do not see. The wellspring of desire is that which cannot be located in the object desired, that which is missing. One does not want what one already has.

Henri's smile is humble, yet approving, at Twist's statement of his title. The honorifics of the Ordo Dracul can be confusing to outsiders, which is (in part) their purpose, but the Archon has faithfully presented his to the Whip. "Thank you for the introduction, Your Grace." Merry, yet probing, eyes find Vivian's, holding her gaze for a long moment. "Whip York, a pleasure." He finally breaks eye contact when a respectful nod is offered.

"What a delight it is to make the acquaintance of Family," he continues, eyes traveling back to Twist. "Especially such distinguished and beautiful cousins as yourselves. It is an honor to present myself to you." If there is flattery in his words, it's only in the service of a formal petition to be recognized. And besides, it's the truth.

V
    Vivian York

If there were a woman’s smile that could melt anyone it was that of Twists. But from what the Daeva herself mentioned, it could turn deadly in the blink of an eye. Vivian hoped that she would never personally find out what that entailed; although she wanted to see it in action on someone else some day.

Clasping her hands gleefully, perhaps this man had already had a fighting chance in Sacramento. “Ah, excellent! Glad to hear of such a wonderful introduction already.”

“A pleasure to be sure, Mr. Michaud.” Vivian held out her gloved hand toward the spectacle wearing man. “Please, call me Vivian in public, I prefer it.”

Her gaze followed Twist’s eyes. She too was unsure if Jacob ( White ) would join them, or remain speaking to the Deputy.

He stopped just shy of ideal socializing range, too, on a whim, bow in the east Asian fashion to Twist. "Your grace, I don't believe I've had the pleasure." Straightening up after a count of two, "I'd have surely remembered if I had." He grinned meaninglessly. "And did I hear Scribe? It seems the rather pathetic Order of one Slave is at an end. Your acquaintance is a relief." It really was, he had no idea what he was doing.
    Last but not least... "Vivian! Hopefully, we can continue our conversation sometime?" That was the truth, she seemed like an actually decent person. But where was Greenberg? He could usually be found with Vivian or Visa Versa.

6. Likes West, unlimited sink liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiled, a mingled expression of relief and pleasure at Henri's smooth words and confident acceptance of his compliments toward the two females.

"We will of course go over the details of the domain but in the end I am confident that the domain and our clan will be stronger with your presence." Rules and fine print before the signatures could be signed on his final acknowledgment.

Twist shook her head an amused smile flickering briefly at his flattery, "We have not met no. But it seems that you are familiar with at least one of our family," she replied easily a glance indicating Vivian.

8. Likes West, unlimited sink liked this post

The best way to resist Its machinations is to press toward the very thing it seeks to forbid. Say, taking the hand of a lovely woman whose own Beast is so much more powerful than his own. This is exactly what Henri does, enfolding Vivian's proffered hand in both of his own, one on top and one below.

His touch is warm with the counterfeited life he has stirred in himself. The thumb of his left hand, which is below hers, briefly massages her palm. It is a comforting, if curious, gesture. "Vivian, then," he replies. The words come slowly, his french accent adding to a certain liquid quality; it is as if he is tasting a fine wine when he pronounces them. "Vivant, surely. Yes, very much alive." His eyes seem to sparkle with a half-hidden mirth behind his spectacles as he releases her hand. "You are a very charming woman, I can see that already." The practiced ease with which he delivers his compliments speaks to years dealing with people of all backgrounds. It is his job to speak, after all, and to be himself charming, at least after a fashion, and when he needs to be.

His eye once again span the distance between Whip and Priscus, "Both of you, quite charming. And of course, Your Grace. I am at your disposal." He has already done his homework, discovering the bulk of the laws of the Domain. But Henri knows that this is as much about ritual as it is about information. And besides, it provides him with an invaluable opportunity for further observation of his Priscus. "I sincerely hope that I prove myself worthy of your confidence," he adds humbly.

Jacob's approach cuts short his pleasantries however. After the new arrival and his Priscus have exchanged greetings, Henri gives his fellow Dragon a warm smile, though his eyes remain inscrutable. "Well, Slave, we are now two. And as a master of mine once said, 'I don't need many.' Two is certainly enough, when what they're missing almost makes for a third." The words won't make sense, and he doesn't need them to. The value of a riddle, even one without a solution, is its function as a sticking point. Thought happens around the impossible, not in the act of solving, which is always a dis-solving of impossibility. "I am Henri Michaud, Scribe of the Sanguine Terror. And you--do you have a name other than Slave?" he asks, humor in his voice, even if the question is a serious one.

V
    Vivian York

“Yes, we have Priscus. A casual discussion one of the last nights we all gathered.” She was social after all and enjoyed speaking to all likes. It also gave her a notion of what type of person they were in how they handled her bluntness.

“Indeed Jacob, we should soon. I believe it’s been a time since I’ve been to the Shady Lady, perhaps we should head there. Given our conversation is public worthy.” The Daeva tried to recall exactly all they spoke of, but she presumed it wasn’t Masquerade threatening. “I am not sure if the Archon would like me present for Henri’s acknowledgment though.” Glancing to Twist with a clear interest in Henri presently over Jacob. Maybe Jacob would understand; family first.

As long as he isn’t a complete wanker, we will be stronger.

The Dragon didn’t specify what to call him, so she thought she’d at least be safe with a first name. “Well, humbleness is close to godliness, at least I think that’s how the phrase goes.” She laughed with a cheeky grin.

"I am, luckily enough for me." Jacob smiled at Vivian, "Sounds wonderful." He wouldn't make his Sire's mistake, closing himself in. The world outside was hostile unless attempts were made to pacify it. Looking to Henri with that same idea rooted in his mind: "Jacob Maddox, Slave, and Priscus of the Mekhet-- the clan of one." He chuckled. If only there were a few more Shadows... But, an extra Dragon would do perfectly.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods, accepting the offer of assistance as expected.

Following the exchange between the three around her, she made suitable expressions to indicate that she was following along with the conversation. Puzzled confusion at Henri's riddle, a nod and murmured "We should be able to conclude it swiftly if you don't mind," at Vivian's subtle inquiry regarding Henri's acknowledgment, and a flicker of noting Jacob's name and affiliations.

But that flicker was the last bit of attention that she decided to waste upon him. She did not consider herself a stickler for etiquette in the extreme way many of the Invictus were but she nonetheless had standards, and he had not meet them. And so it was with a smile that she turns her full attention to Henri.

"Our domain is not a difficult one to live in, but we do have rules set in place above and beyond that of the Traditions. Are you familiar with them already or shall we review them?" She motioned to the area where the rules were laid out but given his preparation so far, she would not be surprised if he had already familiarized himself with them.

13. Likes West liked this post

Priscus? Henri eyes Slave Maddox closely for a moment. I will have to get to know this one...

As Twist gives him her full attention, Henri turns away from Vivian and Jacob, offering each one last smile, the better to attend to his Priscus.

"Your Grace, I have, indeed, made it my business to familiarize myself with the Laws of the Domain as set forth by the Prince," he says, eyes following her gesture toward the rules as they are posted before returning to her. "And to my mind, those edicts added to the Traditions seem both logical and clear." For him, these are very high compliments. Henri is one who enjoys the Law, who knows that there is no enjoyment in the absence of the Law.

"Still, I would not presume to keep you from emphasizing or expanding upon them if you so wish," he says. Nor would I assume that you trust me enough to have fully informed myself. Such assumptions, after all, could prove deadly. "As I said, I am at your disposable for as long as you see fit."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread