Watch

The Lady and the Broken Doll's Plea

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

When approaching the Reeve's door, a man in a suit and a full gimp mask is seen standing by the closed doorway. However, given the nature of the visitor it is unlikely anything is actually seen. The servant will grunt a greeting and open the door when he sees Alice approach. He gives off no other indicator of his presence or nor noticeable scent.

It is only when the door is opened that the soft sounds of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is heard. The venture is actually able to keep an inexpressive and professional face as she stared at the door with her hands folded on the desk. The room has an open floor plan and so it is wide open from the doorway to the carpet in front of Victoria's desk. In addition to the music the smells of oiled wood paneling and the sent of lavender perfume drifts through the air.

Anyone with Alice that can see will be able to see several bookcases along one wall and back near Victoria's desk. A massive wooden desk at the far end of the room, and a sitting area off to the right of the door with a couch and several padded chairs. There is no chairs or anything apart from the expensive looking plush carpet in front of the desk. The ventrue waited for her visitor to enter and state her greeting.

2. Likes unlimited sink, liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Extended folding cane in hand, using not to check for obstructions, but to tap against them, the sounds providing the Doll an approximate mental map of just where she is. When Alice closes in on the Reeve's door, the servant's grunted greeting is met with a nod from the doll.

The sound of the servant's footfalls is what she needs to negotiate the unfamiliar landscape she finds herself in. The softly playing classical music more of an invitation then the grunted greeting. Once the door closes behind her, The Wraith rises. It's ice cold, and sharp. Hissing into her ear, urging her to flee.

The Doll removes her sunglasses, the frames the color, Robert tells her, the amethyst of her eyes before they fell to ash, from their perch and places them within her purse. She didn't want them to brake if- The Blind Doll tucks a foot behind the other and offers the Reeve a curtsy. Automatic. Deference. A safety net used to steel herself against the monster making nary a sound in front of her.

"Lady Reeve Stamford?" the question is asked when Alice is sure the Wraith is behind cold iron bars, "I'm Alice Hart, we spoke on the phone." she says, rising as she waited for the venture to speak.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes unlimited sink liked this post

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

This was certainly unexpected. Victoria had not expected to see the woman blind, and it must be permanent or she could just heal the damage. The sound of the door closing behind her indicated to Alice that they were alone and able to talk.

"Keeper Hart is it? We did not have much opportunity to get to know one another at the Circle event. Is that an injury or a more permanent arrangement? I could reach out to my contacts in the medical field for some excellent prosthetic eyes, if you are interested. They do amazing work." She paused for a moment and turned down the music to a barely audible volume before continuing. "But, I am sure that is not the reason for your visit. What seems to be the trouble?"

The Ventrue leaned back in her chair and the creak of leather could be heard as she settled into place. She studied the woman, interested in what had drawn her to Victoria's office and to ask her for help.

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Yes, it is." The Blind Doll gives a jerking strings pulled nod. "A shame, but with the events that transpired..." she trails off attempting a smile, it looks fake - but all her grins do.

"A permanent arrangement." Alice admits, part information control, and because when her eyes never heal the truth will come out. It always did. "I have been thinking of prosthetic eyes, I wound't want to lose my sunglasses at some point, and luck would have the Kine bare witness, I don't want to re responsible for a potential Breach. As a Nosferatu I know that I'm naturally, closer to that line then the other Families. But until I heard you answer the phone I had no idea you were a doctor. I thought I would have to develop my own contacts in the medical field, but if you are offering, I would love to take you up on it." Alice says nodding, fake-false smile upon her lips, while internally wondering just what exactly the Unconquered, Lady, Reeve, Venture, wanted in return.

"You're right, obviously this isn't the reason why I called you." Alice says, finally deciding to move farther into the room, and closer to the monster wrapped in the veneer of duty and manners. The silence lasted a touch to long. The Doll wondering if she should begin the story at the beginning. With the car crash and the uncomfortable drive that fallowed. Their leaving their charges with an unknown kindred, and finally this last scouting trip on the farm...considering how much of those nights had Konrad helping her and Garrick....Alice wondered if she ever should mention the savage that fled the city, a blood hunt on his heels.

"Bluntly? There's a cult in the northeast. Bound, by vinculum, to a women known as 'The Mother'. Perhaps in a mockery of the Circle of the Crone. Perhaps not." Alice wanted to from, when she decided to give her information to the Reeve, she'd forgotten her that. And now with her own bloody initiation this summer past...Alice hoped this could be resolved peaceable. She owed it to her once-charges. "They're located on a farm. There are kine present. I don't know if they've been thralled but I'd assume so. They also have a network of underground tunnels and other locations, much like their own Necropolis. I do know for certain that this cult didn't dig these tunnels. They're exploring them."

Alice falls silent. Wondering just what the Reeve would do with the information the Doll just gave, and what, if any questions the venture would deem important to ask.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Well, let me know and I can arrange something with someone to meet with you and get the work done." The brunette thought for a moment. "We can discuss payment later."

Ah yes the cult of brood, or are these another cult...my luck the these are another. Victoria thought grimly.

She looked at Alice once more, this time more closely. She wasn't sure how well a blind woman would be able to investigate this situation and it is possible something was missed. However, Victoria didn't want to discount what had already been accomplished. At least the woman showed some initiative to look into the matter without being told.

"Ah these are the group of brood from the attack this summer?"
    She asked for verification. "Do you know the location of their farm beyond in the Northeast and what kind of numbers they have? Do you know what they seek? Also, how were you able to come across this information?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you." the Doll was grateful, the effort needed to cultivate her own contacts wasn't anything she'd balk at, but it was only a matter of time until her flimsy protections gave way and she'd cause a Breach. Still, the doll nodded expecting the venture to not have offered out of the goodness of her heart. "Of course."

"I...don't know." Alice didn't, she hadn't thought of it. If this cult were responsible for the attack...well Alice's hesitation in dealing with them would quickly be replaced by certainty. "Yes," Alice nodded once more. "Garrick Marlon, Konrad Roth and myself scouted the farm. We weren't detected. But I'm uncertain as for the numbers they have, Konrad-Mister Roth was in a better position to see, but he didn't give me numbers." Alice didn't know how well her information would be received now what Konrad's name was out there, but he was there practically from the beginning. "But it was enough to have us worried."

Alice takes a moment to gather her thoughts.

"It was when I was relatively new the the Domain. There was a car crash. There were kindred inside, they were attacked and forced to flee. They were headed towards a 'Sanctuary'. We, Garrick, Mister Maddox and myself thought taking them there would be better then bringing poachers into the Domain proper. Since we were in need of a vehicle large enough we called Mister Roth as we moved from the wreckage and into a nearby building. The information the three kindred gave us lead us to a location, a coffee shop some forty-five minutes away. That's where we met another kindred who would take the other three to the 'Sanctuary'. Once our charges were handed over, we tailed them to the farm. We left so we could come back another night when sunrise wasn't so close. Since both Garrick's leaving and Mister Roth's...well this is the first time I've had the opportunity to bring this to your attention."

11. Likes White, Yumyumcrow, West liked this post

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria nodded as the woman spoke, which was silly since she couldn't see. The mention of Roth was unexpected and apparently he was up to things before his downward spiral, hey just missed out on getting involved in his responsibilities. More departed kindred which means the mess gets dumped on her doorstep, but the fact that all this kept her busy was a blessing because she seemed to enjoy herself more when actively working on something.

"I see," she began carefully. "I may have to tap Mr. Maddox if he is still looking to involve himself. As soon as my deputies and I can, we will look into the matter."

The Ventrue studied the woman for a moment considering things. She wasn't sure how confident the woman would be given her newfound condition. It would seriously limit her usefulness and involvement, but if she was paired with someone...

"Were you looking to hand off the matter or did you still wish to be involved in resolving the issue?" Victoria asked almost as an afterthought. The woman clearly cared about the matter or she wouldn't have bothered, maybe she still wanted to help in any way she could.

Given how close this farm is the domain and the fact that they are not officially tied to the official Sacramento kindred scene, it seriously limited the scope of this shadow group's activities down to...unhealthy. They certainly can't be up to anything good and would have to be purged before they could shore themselves up too much.

13. Likes White, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you." The doll nods, as she smiles a too-wide-too-fake smile. "Truly." It settled her mind that she wouldn't have to figure out something else on her own.

The Blind Doll expected a dismissal and not the words that came next.

"I want to be involved." comes from her mouth before she can take the time to think, "I know that I won't be able to operate the same as I had, but I made a promise to the three kindred we handed off, that I'd try to keep them safe. Leaving them there, not doing anything, washing my hands of it now that the matter has been brought to your attention...I'm not that person. So yes. I am going to still be apart of this." hollow sockets stare towards the source of the venture's voice.

15. Likes White liked this post

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

The haunt's reply didn't come as a surprise and Victoria respected her a bit for not giving into despair about her condition and still functioning in society. The ventrue was just glad that her blood wasn't given to physical deformities, however, it was the mental disorders that were far scarier, precisely because one could look so normal.

"Very well," she began with a nod.

It also said a lot about the woman's character that she felt obligated to see things through and pay off her debts as see see them. It is a shame she was wasted on the Crone.

"I will be sure to bring you on board when we move against them. Was there anything else that you can tell me about this group that might be of importance?"

17. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you." Alice says dipping her head down in thanks. Glad that she would have to fight the venture on this.

As for her question, "I...don't believe I left anything out." says Alice before she falls silent, thinking over what she had said, and what she hadn't. Then slowly her head shakes, "No. I don't believe there's anything more I know that would be relevant. But if I remember anything else I'll notify you."

The Doll fall silent once more, assuming her dismissal would be next upon the venture's lips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread