Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Midnight in the Conservatory

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    Striking Looks •••• (Intense Gaze, Stunning)
    BP •••
    Status (Invictus): ••
    Status (Domain): ••••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria smiled at the other woman's mention of poor handwriting and lots of work. It was someone that she knew well.

"It took me a long time improve mine, I was a doctor that embraced stereotype when it came to handwriting," she said with a smile. "I had powerful...lets say...encouragement to quickly change that after I was embraced."

"Couriers are fine," she said with a wave of one hand. "Just be smart about it. Double seal them and the exterior is addressed to one's kine persona. For example: Victoria Stamford, MD. On the outside and then inside address as normal for kindred. I can give you some I work with that are discrete. It would be safest to have them hand delivered by a ghoul or retainer I suppose if you have one at your disposal."

She certainly understood what the Ale meant about having difficulties with gifts. There were issues that she had in the past with them.

"It is a learning experience. I am afraid that the only way to master it is through trial and error, for it requires a knack that comes through practice. Art and jewelry are standard safe choices usually. Just nothing too practical, something nice they might buy on their own. Pretty similar to the way kine give gifts for birthdays or holidays really. Meaning can come later when you get your feet under you."

Victoria smiled once more at the mention of the flower and meaning. She thought for a moment before deciding just to share.

"Yes, in the Victorian Era there was a whole language of flowers and entire conversations could be had by giving them. It even makes an appearance in modern times with the English Royal Family with certain events. That was a rather simple message, Goldenrod is encouragement."
    She paused for a moment before shifting gears a bit. "I am curious though and if you do not mind me asking, was there anything in particular that decided things for you to join? If it is too personal you do not have to say if you prefer not to."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, sounded like it would be time to practice, and maybe find some videos on the internet about it.

“I haven’t gotten around to getting myself neither a Ghoul nor a retainer. But with sensitive information, I can see the need to look more heavily into it. I’ve had a few in my Herd that have shown promise.” Perhaps it was time to take that step. “I would appreciate the ability to use yours until I can secure my own. Thank you.” She says with a slight bow of her head.

Nodding, “I actually have a few ideas in mind currently,” she replies, “well, in regards to art. Sounds like being observant to those around me might pay off.” She enjoyed learning little tid bits about other Kindred through simply watching them.

Ah, so there was meaning behind the flower. “I actually find that quite fascinating. You could essentially insult someone without them being the wiser. Well, granted you wanted to take a chance that they were not educated on the matter.” She says with a chuckle, turning the flower over between her fingers. “I know I’ll be looking into it.” There were lots of ways to insult someone. Either through misuse of titles, not wearing gifts, or simply by a flower choice.

Gently shaking her head, “I don’t mind at all. I’ve spent my entire Danse without any ties to a Covenant. It was mostly due to never really looking into them, and not wanting to be tied down and made to feel like I owed someone. But as I settled in Sacramento, I realized there was only so much I could achieve on my own. Add that to wanting support I could count on, I decided to join. The Invictus sounded like they could give me the support I needed, while providing me with stability. Plus the power they represent here in Sacramento was hard to ignore.” she adds with a wink.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria nodded at the use of the service she uses. It would take a bit for someone new to get settled in and wouldn't begrudge the woman the helping hand, after all she was already paying for services so she might as well get her money's worth.

"It is always a good idea to keep your eyes peeled for anything you can use,"
    Victoria said with a nod. "However, remember that sometimes a rose is just a rose. One can overthink things sometimes and see things that are not there, especially when dealing with people outside the Invictus. Kindred still judge though, I mean who doesn't like gossip?"

Victoria laughed at the remark about insulting people. There certainly was some enjoyment in it, when it was done.

"It can be a fun pastime on occasion." Victoria said still smiling. "One can not be completely open about such things all the time, that would just be in poor taste and boorish. Sometimes not saying something can speak volumes."

Victoria listed as the woman told her story and nodded in understanding. She couldn't completely understand the other woman's perspective. The Lords rarely embraced without prior planning and even after the embrace was frequently planned out for the childer. She could just imagine what a Savage might be like, but not completely. The uncertainty and off the cuff lifestyle would be disconcerting.

"I'm glad to see that I didn't peg you wrong. You seemed the type that would be able to appreciate such things. Once the initial shock of learning wears off you'll find there is plenty of room for freedom within the boundaries laid out. Many of the boundaries are just there as common sense and to encourage civility."

"I suppose I was kind of the opposite. Everything was planned out for me before my embrace,"
    Victoria she causally. Everything...including the refinement of the blood...the thought still sent a shiver down her spine just as much as it comforted her, it was complicated. "Looking back on things I was being trained long before I was embraced. I was embraced into the First Estate, just as my sire before me, and her sire before her, and so on. A person can get used to anything and can even learn to enjoy structure. Funny though, I left one life that was structured and ordered only to embrace another...all the while thinking it was freedom. In a way I suppose it was freedom because it was something that I chose for myself, if that makes any sense. "

4. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a brief nod, “I don’t think that will be a problem, but thank you for the warning. I’m not one to trust very easily. Mostly with Kine, always with Kindred.” Most Kine were easy to read, but Kindred? They were a little trickier, and always looked out for themselves above others. So it paid to never let your guard down. She liked Victoria, but trust her? Not so much.

“And I’m sure some well-placed gossip isn’t unheard of.” Cause why wouldn’t you start gossip about someone you viewed as a threat.

Smirking, she nods her understanding, “Knowing when to stay quiet is also a fine art. Unfortunately, there are Kindred who have yet to master something so simple.” It was usually the young ones who had something to prove.

“I’ve always view boundaries as a healthy thing. I like knowing where they are, makes navigating them a lot easier. But it’s also good to let others know of any personal boundaries as well.” Everyone had them.

Hands moved to be clasped behind her back as she listened. Victoria’s past was vastly different then her own. But it was intriguing to hear, she hadn’t expected the Lady to be open.

“My Sire had been observing me for some time before his hand was forced to Embrace me. I have perhaps an odd question. Do those with what sounds like lineage advance higher in the Invcitus then those without?” seemed like a fair question. “I only ask because you seem to be able to trace your heritage within the Invictus back quite a few years, and have advanced to a Lady. Not that I’m sure haven’t earned it, I was just curious.” She had no such lineage, would she be held back because of it?

6. Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

SIDE NOTE: This is way over the month mark. You may wish to draw this scene to a close and open another?

Lady Reeve Stamford
    Lady Reeve Stamford

Presence ••• (Dominant)
    BP •••

+2
    SL
    PRE

Victoria nodded attentively as the Savage spoke. She found Alessandra fairly easy to talk to and it was nice to be able to socialize openly for once, her social circle was a very short list at the moment, and some of that was due to positions. Positions always had a way of keeping most at arms length, but it was also somewhat of a blessing as it kept most addlebrained kindred from close proximity.

The fact that Alessandra sounded as if she were forced into her situation, was not surprising, and not only due to her clan. Gangrel did not have the market cornered on forced embraces, because kine usually were not permitted to turn down the offer once kindred spilled the beans about their society. It left one forever changed in one way or another, or simply dead, proper dead.

"Obviously it is far easier for a person if blessed with good lineage, but it is not a sure promise of success. However, ones with good lineage generally put down roots and cultivate a dynasty or house. They usually do not travel and risk themselves in that way. Having good breeding is kind of like having money, it can open doors and make things easier, but will only get you so far. Just by joining the Invictus it is a large boost to one's image as it shows that a person has good sense. Some places it can be hard to convince someone to take a chance on a petitioner without good lineage," Victoria paused for a moment considering how to broach the next subject.

"That being said, there are some who are quite proud of their background and will consider themselves better than you simply because of it. It is just motivation to work harder and prove them wrong, rub it in their faces," she said with a grin. "The especially snobbish still consider my title a neonate one, after all one can basically be handed the title of Lady because of lineage or if your sire is especially prominent. Those snobbish kindred consider Baron or Baroness the first true Title of Tribute, because that title and higher must be earned by actual merit and not by lineage. The higher titles may only have one in existence so to earn it a person's contribution to the First Estate in a domain must be beyond question. So it depends on domain, some older domains just about everyone is a Lord or Lady, then there are domains like ours where the title actually has meaning."

The ventrue turned looked to her wrist and frowned in surprise before looking back to Alessandra.

"It seems to be getting rather late, I must apologize for lecturing and droning on for far too long. I should let you get going and we can continue this another night perhaps?"
    Victoria asked politely.

Sorry about that. I lost track of the time. I don't mean to cut Alessandra off if she has more, but we can always have another thread if required.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage listened intently as Victoria spoke and things were explained.

So it seemed that even Kindred cannot escape those who think they are better than others due to a name or a Sire. And she took her words to heart. She would prove those who thought they were better than her wrong. Her Clan might be discounted cause others saw them as brash, headstrong animals, but they were still powerful allies. She knew her value, rather it be in a fight, or in back alley dealings. And those who choose to underestimate her would quickly be shut down.

There was a soft smile and shake of her head,

“There is no need to apologize. Any lecture was requested from my questions, and was an education needed, and I thank you for taking the time.” She replies with a bow of her head.

“I shall not keep you. Please enjoy the rest of your evening, and I look forward to meeting again soon.” Ale will then bow respectfully.

No worries! Was a great scene, thank you!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread