The cell rang as Garrick was cleaning his pistol. Which he would admit he does more than necessary but no one asks. Just one of those things to pass the time of death and waiting for another day to rise.

"Unknown caller" it reads. "Shit" Maybe someone is trying to be quiet. Or maybe its a heads up about shit hitting the fan.

"Hello?" A dirtied cloth is placed down next to the pistol.

"Uh huh."

"Prove it"

"No prove it asshole, I'm not making that trip so you can have a laugh about it later."

"Fine. What does the old man want?" Apparently the old man followed the Second Law again. Maybe this one will get sent to somewhere bright. .. "What? Why the hell are you bringing up my sister?" .. She's back home?

Garrick's free hands begins to put the cleaning materials back into their case. The pistol is left on the table for the moment.

"No no I'm coming. Don't even go near her or her family." .. "A threat? No asshole that's a promise." Kids these days.

"I'll catch a bus tonight. The old man better be there or we're going to have a fun chat." Apparently Garrick's Sire hasn't gone full "don't be an asshole you asshole" on the new guy. It'll be fun to watch instead of receive. Garrick hangs up on the call before letting out a low sigh. Right as things were about to get better too.

"Damn them all." Time to go back home. Probably time to knock a few heads. Sacramento knows how to do things. Moving rapidly Garrick puts together a duffle bag worth of clothes. Thinking for only a few moments he puts on the good clothes that are kept in fitted plastic bags. Might as well dress well too. Make an impression. That brings a smile to the Nosferatu's face as he fits his belt with the knife and pistol. Blood moves and both vanish from sight. Just a normal guy wearing sunglasses at night.

What smile Garrick had breaks as he thinks over what to write. A short note to the Family.

Note for the Family

Note written, Garrick takes one last look around his haven before venturing to the Underground. Once there he places the note in the Caldarium where it will surely be found. It is a beautiful place, hopefully everyone can keep it looking so good. Where Garrick and Greenberg had sat calls to the White Eyed Nosferatu but he shakes his head. Maybe next time, maybe then.

On the bus out of town Garrick leans back in the seat and focuses on what's to come. Not the food around him, definitely not the food in this confined space.