Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Dine and Drive Opening

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Alex Rivers

The conversation dies down for a while as everyone's mouth is full of pie. Once Alex has cleaned his plate, he looks over at Green.

"So what have you been up to aside from work?"

He doesn't know Green all that well. One thing he does know is that the big man is not the most talkative of people. But Alex has to at least make the attempt...

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green, having devoured his hearty breakfast, at last turns his attention to the mouth watering pie. The woodblood's question brings the big Elemental up short and he pauses, spoon dripping with burst pie just before his cavernous maw.

"Huh? Me? Uh... I spend a bit of time in the ... ah... outdoors. You know, the wild places. Yeah. Feel safe there. Um little folk can sometimes be tiring to deal with, you know. And then there is my gardens, yeah? You could say I'm into market gardening and this summer has been a bumper year for me. Which is good, see. Like, I been spending a lot of time at the ah farmers market around here. If you get my drift."

He pause.

"Very productive."

The spoon and the pie was shovelled into his mouth without ceremony.

4. Likes Swami M liked this post
    Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn took the offered seat and ordered herself a slice of pie too - because how could she not? - and listened to the others chatting. Tilting her head at Green, she smiled and nodded with his explanation. "I didn't know you were interested in that kind of gardening."

Turning back to Alex, she crossed her arms, trying not to stare longingly at his pie while she waited for her own. "What about you, Alex? What do you do for your hobbies?"

Alex Rivers

"I like to read. I like to write. I still follow the news and watch sports. And of course there's exercise and, uh, training. It's always good to stay fit and prepared, but that work can be enjoyable... even if you hope to never need it for something more serious."

That sounds even less exciting when spoken out loud. Alex glances towards the kitchen for a moment, hoping Evelynn's pie arrives soon.

"So what do you like to do in your spare time?"

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"I took you for an outdoors guy," Green said around a mouthful of diminishing pie. "But read? Om. What you like reading? I do read from time to time, yeah? Reference stuff mostly. For work." He add a deliberate emphasis, hoping the others would take the hint.

The mountain remained watchful of the Summer Courtier.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

"Reading, and I'm learning a bit about computers recently," she answered softly, shooting the waitress a grin when she arrived with Evelynn's apple pie. "Plus, you know, the obvious stuff," she added, chuckling, her hand disappearing below the table for a moment to pull an old-looking pocket-watch out of her pocket and plunking it down on the table next to her pie before she took a comically large bite of her pie.

Well, large for her. It was still half the size of what Green had been shoveling into his mouth.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Alex Rivers

"I read both fiction and non-fiction. I especially enjoy history. And yes I like the outdoors, camping... travel in general. When my budget isn't so tight I'd like to do more of that, and not just for, uh, work."

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Closes in three days! Technically should've closed sooner due to the lack of Hank, but 72 hours isn't too much longer

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.