Ended
Watch

The Dine and Drive Opening

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M
    Matrixchild

The very first thing Hank did when he arrived in Sacramento was look for a diner. He grew up on homemade food and friendly charms and so he found solace in a traditional American diner. So when Hank wanted to make a place for himself in the city he decided to do that by opening his own diner with a garage attached to it. A place he could work on cars and eat pie without having to rely on anyone else. A place of his very own.

The place had only been open a couple days at this point. The exterior made it clear to any who passed that this was a restaurant in the style of a 1950s diner. In effect though it almost looked like a firehouse, because right next to the diner facade, attached right to the building, was the entrance to the garage.

The interior followed that design as well. Maybe Hank was living in the past a little with the design of the building, but to him it was a little bit of nostalgia, and a little but of home thrown in to make the place feel welcoming.

Coming out of his office there were only two customers so far, so Hank asked one of his waitresses to get him a piece of pie and he took a seat at a booth he had placed specifically because of the wonderful, clear view he had of the street. He sat, ate his pie, and watched the world go by.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

A giant forces his way into the diner.

Green is in his work clothes, reeking of construction site, concrete and dust. A bag of tools clanks and rattles at his side; heavy boots click and clomp as he marches over to the counter.

"Something hearty. Been working all morning, yeah?" He orders a meal.

Green lifts his shades from his eyes and deposits them in a pocket. Eyes squinting slightly he finds himself staring at Hank. He grunts in genuine surprise.

"This seat taken?" the mountain rumbles as he plods over.

M
    Matrixchild

The giant was hard to miss as he entered. That was of course both due to his size and that he was the first Changeling other than Hank himself to enter the diner. At the question of joining Hank he offered his hand to the seat across from him and said, "No. Please."

His eyes follow the man and added, "How have you been? I don't think we've ever had a chance to talk outside of community meetings."

Alex Rivers

Alex had heard about Hank's pet project and decided it was worth checking out. Looking around the diner he couldn't help but think of all the waiting rooms he'd sat in while his car was being worked on... Last year's magazines, a TV turned to Judge Judy or General Hospital, lukewarm coffee that tasted like it had been drained from the previous customer's crankcase and, if you were lucky... for certain values of lucky... a vending machine full of partially fossilized treats. This is... not that. He's honestly surprised that nobody's thought of this setup before.

"Hey, guys."
    He turns to Hank. "This place is pretty impressive. Congratulations on getting it up and running. And... is that pie as good as it looks?"

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green sat, grimacing slightly as the furniture protested his mass.

"Oh well enough. You know. I have work. And more work lined up. Which is good because - um - income? And yeah, no. I been hoping to catch up, actually. Yeah we only seem to rub shoulders when we rub shoulders at... at them block parties, yeah."

He nodded significantly.

"So how have you been?" Alex arrives. "Oh hey, man. Alex? Right you still here. Good good. What? This is your place?" An implicit question throbs, unlikely and unique, in Green's monotone. With a visible effort, the mountain manages t lift what passes for an eyebrow.

M
    Matrixchild

"Oh thank you very much. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out," he said, a smile cracking through his usual frozen exterior. "And yes, it's absolutely as good as it looks." He waved one of his waitresses over and told her, "a pie each for my friends please." After she walked away he said to the two of them, "On the house. Opening special."

"I've been looking forward to catching up as well. I see the tools, but what kind of work do you usually do? Some type of construction it seems?" Hank was a man who worked with his hands. He could respect his kind.

At the surprise question from Malcolm he said, "Yes, I actually just bought it last month. Took the month to renovate it the way I like but I'm quite happy with it so far," he said looking around slightly.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Well. I know you like pie. Yeah - so I guess you've secured a supplier huh?" The gentle, yet inept, in-joke was communicated in a monotone. The attempt at a smile was genuine.

"Um. Thanks. Pie and a hearty breakfast. Just what I need. Huh -yeah! I work in construction, yeah? There is a lot going on at the north end of downtown these days. Lotta work - just need to know the right people. And I don't mind them felixible hours, you know? So they can give me shifts whenever they want. Happy to do the less human hours, too; less chance a stupid boss can be on my back. I prefer to work in peace..."

He shrugged. Less mundanes around also meant the mountain could employ some of his Contracts. Green probably represented the high end of human strength and stamina; but there were things human's simply could not carry unassisted which he could, given the right preparation...

He turned his attention to the diner as a waitress sashayed over with Green's order and his extra pie.

"Looks good, man. Real atmosphere. I'll have to tell some of the guys about this place. They might want to pay you a visit. Ah... breakfast, yeah! Just what a man needs." He took up the knife and fork with enthusiasm.

Once the waitress had gone: "So. Yeah. Been wanted to catch up with you for a while." He ate, shovelling mouthfuls of yolky egg into his cavernous maw. "So. I was wondering what you thought of... um... community work?" He dropped his voice as best he could, leaned in slightly.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

The diner was cute, and she could smell baking apple pie for nearly a block before she actually arrived, which she supposed really shouldn't have been a surprise.

Her car had been making awful sounds for... geez, for a year now, and while it still ran, she was beginning to worry that it wouldn't continue to do so for much longer. Wasn't this the perfect time to get it fixed? With someone she actually trusted in charge of doing the fixing?

She parked the car by the entrance to the garage and went inside, looking for pie and a place to drop off her keys. Instead, she found Hank, Alex and Green all sitting together, and a smile lit up her face. "Hi guys! Mind if I join you?"

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Alex Rivers

Alex looks up from his pie, which had been commanding his undivided attention.

"So how are you doing for customers so far?"

He pauses as Evelynn enters.

"Hey, Evelynn. And before you ask, yes, the pie is as good as it looks."

11. Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Join us!" Green's immense head bobbed to a spare seat in the booth. "The food is good. And it would be nice to have some company." He shovelled another mouthful into his maw and turned his attention back to Hank Thompson .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.