Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Barbecue with TdS

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Ah, I see," Truce replies to Varyx on the subject of Cabals. "Strix mentioned something along those lines. Perhaps that will be for the best that a new Cabal be formed."

Truce acknowledges Crowley's concern with a nod. Now is as good a time as any to report such suspicious activity to the Sentinel. He doesn't have much to add to the report.

But what is it that Avis is speaking of? Two-partied systems? Oh, right. With Fisher and Avis on the Council, that meant the Arrow would represent a vying interest against the Silver Ladder majority. Is she trying to raise a point about that?

Truce is quick to waylay concerns, if there are indeed any. "Absolutely. The Council should strive to do its best to work together towards a solution that benefits all. But what's this about Varyx as a congresswoman? Are you stepping down? Or are you having second thoughts about the Hierarch's seat?" he asks Avis with great interest, ignoring the sexual innuendo.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye also grabbed some food, eager to try the kabobs that Star brought. Taking a bite, she was pleasantly surprised by the amazing taste. Holding the kabob up towards Star, she grins, "This is awesome!" she compliments.

At the mention of owing her a kiss, she laughs, “Rain checks are always welcome.” She joked back. Fisher was new to her, having never really talked with the woman before. “Thanks, I love barbecues! And it felt like forever since I had been to one.” Plus it was kinda a neutral excuse to talk shop. Taking a sip of beer, it was opened before the scotch, so she intended to drink it first. “I’ve been playing with brewing my own for a little while now, great fun, a so much cheaper than buying it.” It was true, for around fifty bucks she could brew five gallons.

“Style? Hmm,” she says, thinking, “I guess my style could be considered more whimsical and comfortable without breaking the bank. I tend towards more lighter colors and fabrics, but I am completely open to new styles to suit someones tastes.” The statement meant for July as well. Who appeared to be in a serious talk with Truce and Crowley. Should she go over and include herself? Would that be rude? Meh, she’ll join in a few. “Wood carvings? I’ve seen some in my travels and was always impressed with the detail and how beautiful some pieces were. I’d love to see your work sometime.”

Smiling in greeting to Varyx, “Ah, well sorry to disappoint, but it appears there is a rain check on the table for those.” She says playfully.

3. Bump West "Bump" this post

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher grinned at Varyx as she approached and mentioned kissing. She still felt a little uneasy around beautiful women like the two she was near now, but that was part of her reason for approaching Faye. It was the competitiveness and a perceived flaw or weakness that dug at her self-consciousness or was it something else?

"That would be the one word that travels far wouldn't it?" Fisher laughed heartily. "Oh I was just teasing Faye about owing her a kiss because of my comment earlier about being happy enough to kiss the person who came up with the idea to have a barbecue. Truce said it was Faye's idea." She explained still grinning.

"That's a good point about cost though, I never thought of that. The life behind brewing always fascinated me. How different regions with different microbes can create vastly different flavors, and how companies can even cultivate and protect a strain for years to keep using it and have a consistent taste. Pretty cool!" Fisher punctuated her statement by tasting some of her own food and paused to chew.

"Oh i just thought that there were different styles or such for furniture kind of like how art has different styles. I may get around to creating something to show of here one of these days. Right now I kind of fiddle around with small projects and do some painting. Still getting settled in and establishing a shop. I like fun and whimsical though, sounds like we may have similar tastes there." She said with a smile.

5. Bump West "Bump" this post

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Oh thats good. Sure. Yeah. Um... Once we've checked out our leads we can bring you in on the whole thing...."

Crowley rubs at his chin, nodding along to the Sentinel.

"No. We didn't use anything as sophisticated as that. We managed to get some basic postcogs on the dead guy, keyed to some important-ish times we'd worked out. Like approximations on when he could have died, given evidence on the body. Its how we found out he was moving well after the time of death. Don't know about spirit possession exactly. When we got the post cog of the actual death, we found that the body was up again in minutes and speaking gibberish. But no sign of anything as far as I recall - he was laying on his bed, wheezing; then he stops and... dies... and then he's up and about and phoning someone to chat in gibberish."

A serious look passed across his face, then he brightened.

"Thanks, man. This whole thing is... well... well its too big for me."

He gave a sheepish grin.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Oh, noooooo, my dear," Avis replied to Truce, "I'm stepping down because I simply think Varyx could do a better job than I can. I'm going on a sabbatical. To focus more on my club activities. I'm sure you understand how it is. Now that there's actually members in town, I'm finding that I need to start shifting my focus away from politics, for now. Besides, I'm sure you'll have the Council well in hand!"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

M
    Matrixchild

What Crowley was describing was more than unusual. It certainly had the Guardian intrigued and he was anxious to look into it. "Okay well let me know when you need me and I'll be there." Clearly they needed help and July wasn't going to just abandon them to solve the mystery alone if they wanted help.

With his response given to Crowley, he gave the man a moment to see if there was anything else to add before looking back towards the rest of the group and trying to figure out where the conversation was going.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Having what thoughts about the what-what?

"You like that? Is it good?"

A legit smile breaks out from Polo Pony Angel as Faye makes off with a kabob. Seriously, it's hard to think about anything with the smell of cooking meat literally massaging your tummy. Also, cool. You just never know with Mystery Meat.

Also, Crowley. Bro. Can we eat? Can we eat without talking about spiders? Since when did spiders turn into A Thing?

"I dee-clare, Crowley, July, all this talk spi-dahs and wheezing is just unsavory in polite company. If you want to dibbly-dobbly each other's wickets with those sorts of tall tales, you two should move in together."

A steaming spear of meat and vegetables was offered to Avis before they all disappeared. Also? A hot steamy side of Total Curiosity.

Because Hierarch.

It's all good. It wasn't like he'd told her about Tuesday yet.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Mm, yes, perhaps you could share the grisly details another time, Crowley," says Truce, agreeing with Star before regarding Avis once more.

"Wow. I'm honestly surprised to hear that. I always thought you made an excellent Councilor, Avis. Your conviction inspires so many."
    Considering the voices of support that many had given her for the Hierarch's seat, her lack of interest is dwarfed by this new decision.

He looks to Varyx briefly, "Not that you won't bring your own Wisdom to the Council, Varyx. It's just that Avis has long represented your Path," before turning back to Avis. "And I can't fault you for wanting to see your Order flourish. I know you said before that you didn't have interest in being Hierarch, or that you don't think there is a need for one. But myself and my associates believe one is needed to set an example and to fulfill the Hierarchy of authority within the Consilium."

"And if you're not up for that, I have made plans to throw my hat into the ring,"
    he adds, standing a little straighter with the declaration. "I, um, thought you should know."

Crowley gets a phone call and has to go check on Electric Fairyland...

Crowley is being written out as he is Deceased.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A look of surprise and concern washed over her face as Crowley gets a call and leaves. Must be important she muses to herself.

“Oh, you are so right! That was one of the awesome things when I was always traveling, was tying the beer in different cities. And yeah, each place has its own taste and the type it brews.” She’d never be as good as a professional brewer, but it was still fun.

“We’ll have to get together sometime and I can show you some of the pieces I’ve done.” It wasn’t the best stuff, just a hobby, but she was still proud.

She was a little surprised to hear Truce bring up his decision to try for Hierarch. Guess she figured it wouldn’t come up until the meeting, that way no one can try and sway people against him. The beer was replaced with the scotch, not her first hard drink of choice, but it seemed appropriate. How would the convo go now?

13. Bump West "Bump" this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread