Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
(Blackhats) Bushwacking

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 9 of 19 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last
    Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Tempting as the house of books promised to be, Green was on a mission. Right now they needed to plan and avoid revealing their presence to the enemy. The house could wait. Perhaps, maybe, it would figure into their story at a later time. Right now he followed Rick to the barn.

But where the Autumn Airtouched hunkered down in the rambling utility building, Green was rummaging around. One never knew what could be put to good use - and without Ramona, they lacked quality fighting gear.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-09-24 04:45:04 Green to search the barn rolls 5 to Wits + Investigation + Pledge Bonus (10 Again) 9, 4, 6, 3, 8 2 successes

"Well. As much as I'd like to just charge in, I don't think it would be a good idea. They got numbers on us, yeah? Like, nearly double. Drunk maybe - but numbers, man. I'm big, yeah? Never really been tested in a fight. So, like, we need to find a way to make their numbers work against 'em. Maybe lure 'em out and catch 'em at the door so we take 'em one at a time..."

He spoke while he searched around.

"Maybe go ninja, like, and... yeah, you know... sneak attack at night. Can we wait that long? Hum. Yeah. Should have bought my boots with me."

Carefully now, he stood by the door and peeped out, seeking to understand the lay of the land.

"Hum. We need to work out how many exits that tavern has, yeah? See if we can block 'em up so they have to come at us from one place only... Unless you just want to flat out call 'em out. Play out the showdown, hope we can take 'em 'cause they be all drunk and stuff. Win the day and maybe some hob friends in the bargain?"

He did not mention that the brigands played for keeps. Make a mistake here and there would be no return. In its way, the Ice Law was a comfort; the mountain had no regrets either way.

2. Likes Gwydden, Cayce liked this post

The Tavern could be seen from the barn, just barely, out it's northern most window. It was a strange building, the tavern, two stories and with a steeple technically adding a third. There was only one door that they could see, though there were windows on ever side of the building as well, and light shown through them. Occasionally, a figure could be glimpsed, most often in the steeples' window.

As for the barn, the structure was much what you would find in the mortal world. Stalls for animals, and a hay loft, and a few work benches. There were a few axes and some pitchforks, along with spades and stakes and other sharp objects, but no hidden weapons. And, as for the animals, it looked like the barn hadn't housed any for quite some time.

Odd, certainly, but likely not related.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Alex Rivers

Alex nods.

"We should watch them for a while, see if there are any patterns. Do they patrol or send people out to run other errands in the town? Is anyone here helping them? It would be nice if we knew exactly what their purpose is here..."

L

"Yeah, we definitely need to be very careful about how we handle this. Should have about as much time as we need to plan it out too. Somehow I doubt they care enough to sweep through old barns." And, he supposed, even if they did it wasn't as though they wouldn't be spotted en route from the tavern.

"And I'd favor the sneak attack at night over a showdown. Those kinds of face-off might make for suspenseful stories, but I've always preferred to stack the odds in my favor of much as possible. A sneak attack is better for that. And I can get close enough to that building I can figure out it's layout from the outside." Which was so much better than going in blind.

"Looks like they stuck a lookout up in that steeple we'll have to take care of, though."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Well, we got a few weapons here. An axe or two. Some pitchforks if you want something with range. Little else."

Green grunted sourly.

"So. You volunteering to scout out the place? I could try - its a Winter thing, yeah? But I don't have my boots... so... Yeah. Unless you want me to run a distraction? You know - I'm big enough. And if they don't see me, that says something as well."

He folded his immense arms, waiting.

There came a knock from the back door of the Barn, the same door the Lost had used when they had stepped inside for shelter. It was a hob that had knocked, a strange creature that wore a dress over what appeared to be the lower body of a centipede, though her upper body was much the same as any other human. Her heavy clothing, gloves, and silver mask obscured any other obviously inhuman characteristics, however.

More importantly, though, was the Changeling standing beside her.

"'Ello me lovelies," the hob said, her voice coming thickly from behind the mask. "I hope you don't mind my interruption, but I do believe there's someone you should meet. This fella came into town not long ago. I've been putting him up, away from those brigands, but know that you've arrived ye might as well be introduced. I'll leave that to all of ye, though, if'n you don't mind."

With that, the hob gestured to the Changeling at her side. An imposing man, who the others might soon learn called himself Jimmy the Knife .

9. Likes Gwydden, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

How much time lost, wandering, in the Hedge? Trying to reach the Freehold of Sacramento. Should have just stayed on the Other Side and traveled mundane-like. But who ever called me smart? Anyway, the village has been alright, despite it's current besieged state. A situation I've been hoping to do something about. But even I'm not stupid enough to take on five when I'm only one. So, wait and watch, wait and watch.

But now, the numbers are changing. Well, if they'll have me. When the Hob concludes, I grumble my thanks and then peer in at the band of Lost who've set up shop in the barn, shifting the weight of my pack on my shoulder. Trying to stand up straight, let them have a look at me. I know it's not pretty, what with the ragged donation clothes, the pockets of my army surplus jacket bulging, jeans filthy, t-shirt pocked with holes. And then there's the way I look.

"I'm Jimmy. Folks call me Jimmy the Knife. You the calvary? If so, I'd like to ride with you on this." For now, I leave it at that. Waiting to be sized up, maybe invited in. Maybe they'll run me off. Or worse...I'm unsworn and they'd be right to put me out, but it'd be better for everyone if they just put me to use instead.

After all, a knife is meant for one thing.

Equipment: Bottled water, random snack foods, an assortment of improvised knives / shivs, one large machete

Nathan Griffin
    Nathan Griffin

To human eyes he looks slightly taller than average, with a lean, athletic build. His brown skin gives away his Mohawk ancestry, complementing his equally brown eyes and dark hair. He displays a military-styled haircut, shorter to the sides, and sports a few scars across his body and a particularly visible one in the form of claw marks across his face and neck. A very intense scent of forest, a mixing of pine needles, tree sap, and animal fur, characterizes him.
    Mien

Those who can see through the Mask observe black-and-white feathers to the sides of his face, that fuse seamlessly with his skin and hairline and close to his golden eyes. His teeth are unusually sharp, displaying fangs that are hard to categorize as belonging to a specific predator, although they most closely resemble a wolf's or some other canine's.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nah, don't need a weapon," he frowned at an ax that must have seen too much woodcutting in its time. "Especially not those. But I'm thinking you look tough enough to make even one of those pitchforks dangerous, Green. But if you've really never been in a serious fight before, a distraction might not be a bad idea. Now if only we could get some of those hobs to get off their asses and..."

He paused and glanced in Rick's direction, and then a new arrival guaranteed that he never finished that sentence.

"Hmm," was all he said. He didn't care for newcomers, even less so when they were hunting a band of privateers, which is why he would let Rick handle this. This one certainly wasn't pretty; he had met worn-out veterans who made less gruesome piles of gore. But in the Hedge and beyond there was awfulness far beyond his, and not all of it went skin deep. Utilitarianism was, little by little, beginning to overcome distrust. Now could they risk using him?

12. Likes Cayce, unlimited sink liked this post
    L

"I'm hoping we can manage it without needing one of us to act as a distraction. Ideally, I'd prefer they had no idea anything's amiss until we can spring our trap. Maybe if we can figure out a pattern to their watch up there, or..."

The rest of his thought was lost to speech, interrupted by the knock on the door. And Rick's hand tensed towards his weapons, but only for the instant that it took rational thought to override gut-check instinct. The kidnappers they were chasing wouldn't have bothered to knock. And that rational thought was, as it turned out, correct. It was a hob, who'd brought some help along with her.

Some rather rough looking help, at that. But he wasn't the first such ogre Rick had seen, probably wouldn't be the last either. And the Elemental was hardly the type to hold the brutality that some of the gentry put their captives through against those victims. Not to mention they could probably use all the help hey could get in this situation, and Jimmy certainly looked capable of handling himself. And impression that was only enforced by the telltale haze of a Summer mantle about him.

Rick pushed himself off from the wall and made his way over towards Jimmy. And if the Autumn was the least bit intimidated or off-put by the ogres appearance? Well, it didn't show. The only hesitation he showed at all was a fraction of a second's worth as he considered the crackling shield of electricity that still enveloped him before offering his hand to Jimmy to shake. "Well I'd hardly want to turn away a friendly face. I'm Rick Pereg. And don't worry about the lightning, despite appearances it won't zap you for a handshake."

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Ogre. Hum. Yeah. That'll do it. If you want to be in the cavalry I won't grudge it." Green stepped forward, one meaty hand extended in friendship. They needed all the help they could get. Vetting came later - who knew, maybe the new fellow was one of the abducted chef's allies from San Francisco? "Kidnapping bandits are hold up in the tavern, yeah? Roaring drunk or so they say. Now we got about four to their five - assuming they don't have other guys with them inside."

He gave the Ogre the once over, then nodded. Apparently the mountain liked what he saw.

Back to Rick. "So whats the plan?"

15. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
Page 9 of 19 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Last
Closed Thread