Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Building Ladders

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

See how well things go when there is no yelling or hostility? Why can’t Consilium be like this?

“I agree with Arthur. You have my support Truce.” He was a good guy, always seemed to be there to help and listen. Would that make him a good Heirarch? She didn’t know, but it was a start.

“There might be some push back though from the other Councilors. We need to make sure we stand together and push for this. They don’t realize how important having a Heirach is and that we need one, so we need to make sure we help them understand. Our numbers as Ladder might be small, but we’re what the Consilium needs.” Was it conceded? Maybe, but it was what it was.

“I also wanted to mention that I’ve passed the Exams, so in-case that it’s needed, I can step up.” She was sure there would be those who would be surprised she’d passed. But she studied and worked hard for it.

2. Likes West liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Wow, is this really happening?" thinks Truce, feeling a little surreal as the other two Thearchs pledge their support. He's silent a moment as he works to commit himself to the task.

He smiles, perhaps weakly, his uncertainty showing as he looks to Faye. "Congratulations, Faye. I too have completed the Factotum examination recently. I hadn't realized there were more examinees taking the tests." An excellent turn of events, and a sign of Faye's commitment to the Order.

"And you are right, Faye. Even if we do stand together on this, there may be backlash from the other Orders. I must make sure that I am ready to lead this Consilium, so I will need the Vox Draconis to be ready as well. As such, we must promote unity and cooperation in our actions. That means being open with our intentions, despite the risk of backlash. So I will speak with Avis and Fisher to let them know and to request their feedback. I'll have the opportunity soon, since my Cabal is planning on inviting Veiled Threats out soon for a get-together." He nods to Faye, confident she knows of the barbecue they'd planned for.

He continues, "If nothing else, it may prompt Avis to assume the role herself. And any Hierarch is better than none at all I suppose. Regardless of the outcome, our primary focus should be strengthening the Silver Ladder's place in this Consilium. Since our last meeting together, I've progressed to forming my own Cryptopoly to earn influence among the Sleepers to guide them. That is what we stand for, is it not? To shepherd those unenlightened souls to service? To empower the weak?"

4. Likes West liked this post

Arthur

Obrimos of the Silver Ladder

Presence 4 - Cocky
    Striking Looks 2 - Slick Smile

Reality War -Titanic Ep1: H: 1rB/7 M:7/12:3, W:5/5

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Congratulations to both of you." Both hands now down on the table, one touching his coffee cup and the other trying not to fidget with the wand. Ears perk at the mention of a get together. Should be a good time, hopefully civil too.

"I imagine that the Libertines will be opposed but as long as we can get the other three Orders then hopefully the Libertines will fall in line." A small spin of the wand. "Or at least make the motions." Eyes flick to the candles and their arrangement. "Blood A nod follows, the precept being know. "I hope that we shepherd the new members of our Consilium as well."
    Arthur, Obrimos of the Silver Ladder, SL2 (Slick Smile), Pres 4 (Cocky)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

With a beaming smile, “Congrats Truce!” the more that had passed the exam the better.

There was a nod, “I agree, we need to strengthen our presence. With our numbers being low, we should look at those that are not bound to an order. I’ve met with Varyx once, we didn’t get a chance to talk politics, due to being in a busy coffee shop, but she seems to have a good head on her shoulders. We’d talked about getting together again, in a more private setting, so maybe I can see what her view on the various orders.” They needed more people, and there was too many Awakened without an order.

She resists the urge to roll her eyes, “The Libertines can oppose as much as they like, but they cannot deny that we need a governing body. Without a power structure in place, we get nothing done and people end up yelling and all that crap. And can they deny that the Ladder is in the best position to lead and or help direct those in power. We know the Laws, we enforce the Laws and punishment fairly. While they on the other hand bitch and whine and get nothing done. The biggest problem our Consilium faces is that we are divided.” She takes a sip of her coffee, relishing in the flavor as the much needed caffeine fuels her. “If you need help with your influence or anything, let me know. Maybe there is an area I can work on? The more influence we have among the Sleepers, and the Awakened for that matter, the better.” Least she thought so.

“So how do we go about gaining more influence and members? Any ideas?”

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Seeing as the current population of Libertines falls among my Path and our Cabal, I trust they will trust us to have their best interests in mind," Truce answers to their concerns. "But we will need everyone's cooperation and trust to ensure we remain unified, including those outside the Diamond."

As Faye speaks, Truce smiles and nods to her. "An excellent suggestion. I would not oppose an invitation be extended to Magi Varyx. Perhaps, Faye, you might even consider offering a Apprenticeship to her so she is properly introduced to the Order? But if, after speaking with her, you find she is better suited elsewhere, there is no shame in helping her find a place outside the Silver Ladder. Keep us informed on what you find, if you please."

"As for influence, we must seek influence among the Sleepers themselves. There is talent and potential among them, along with hidden seeds awaiting Awakening. We must nurture them and locate those who have yet to truly understand their roles as philosopher-princes. Given my own interest in the Sleeper-studies of mental health, I've chosen to guide the Cryptopoly I am overseeing to gain influence among the medical facilities and support groups within the city. I suggest you both pursue such measures as well, to give us a network to rely upon. We may well discover our enemies lurking within these organizations."

"What say you to this approach?" he asks them in turn.

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Varyx does seem to have promise." The wand stills and in its place Arthur's coffee is sipped. "Assisting the other Orders in finding new recruits could make some good will as well." Having friends in the right places would help smooth things at the least.

Mental institutions? Those places are a bit...freaky. Medical though, medical is good. "Sounds like a good plan. I have some friends in and around city hall. I'll have to start looking for good candidates." Or maybe call back home and see how it works there again. Being a step or two away from the Sleeper end of things never really helped Arthur understand the set up.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wow, they must trust her if they were willing to allow her to Apprentice Varyx without meeting with her as well. “Thank you for that level of trust. I’ll give her a call and get a meeting setup, and of course keep you guys in the loop.” And Arthur made an excellent point, earning good will with the other Orders would be great.

“Well, I could try and focus on the entertainment side of things and maybe even night clubs and all that.” That was her world, and she already had a presence among it, she just needed to work on it a little. “I’m already out among the public performing, so it won’t be too far-fetched. Maybe it’ll even get me access to clubs or parties where we might find Banishers or Seers.” Especially at the University.

“Is there anything else we should go over?”

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Wonderful. Allies among city hall would be invaluable for our movement within the city Sleeper politics. And eyes and ears among the younger crowds should bring with it rumors of the Banishers' movements, and any oddities the Sleepers may have witnessed." From what he understood many of the Banishers they had dealt with moved among the college crowd who frequented such clubs, as well as agents of the Seers, and hearsay about unexplained experiences.

"As we expand our Cryptopoly network, we can use these resources to aid the rest of the Diamond. We must offer our services as often as possible towards tasks that will aid the Consilium as a whole. But even more important, we must identify and seek out problems before they have time to grow. Problems such as flaws within the Charter. As Councilors, we bear that responsibility regardless. Also, how we hold Magi accountable for violations. I would much prefer that matters be resolved before going to a trial, especially for smaller infractions. We are all expected to understand the Charter's stipulations, but sometimes certain Magi need reminders, while more extreme characters should be made examples of."

"Essentially, all I'm saying is that as the Silver Ladder, we uphold Law, Justice, and Unity. Is our goal not Hieraconis, to surpass the failures of the past? We have much work ahead of us if our successors are to see it to fruition."

Before they could have any say in that, they would have to reaffirm their authority. So influence would come first. And before that, organization.

"But before any of that can happen, I suggest we decide among ourselves the role we each plan to play within this Order. As far as I'm aware, none of us hold any title save Acolyte, or any rank save Neophyte. I am sure we each deserve more recognition than that. I believe we should name a Deacon and a Claviger and that we should all make a claim towards the rank of Famulus. I, for one, have long since achieved an Adept's understanding of the Death Arcanum, to prove my understanding of the Supernal, and have risen to the position of Councilor as have you all. What say you to this?"

Arthur

Presence 4 - Cocky

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Small infractions should still be acknowledged publicly though correct? The Consilium needs to know that the Laws and Charter are being enforced even if we don't make a show of it." Making an example of someone is as much a show as making a point. Though hopefully the point isn't lost. "I'd say hold off on potentially changing the Charter until things calm down. Things are turbulent enough as is right now." Something happened, something.

"I acknowledge your accomplishments and believe you worthy of becoming a Famuli." Arthur bows his head to Truce. "I have attained Mastery of Forces, was Herald for a time, and currently sit as the Obrimos Councilor. However." Hands spread in, palms up. "I have not progressed far enough to sit for the Factotum exam so I do not believe that I would be qualified to be Deacon."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod as she sipped her coffee, “I agree. If violations and offenses can be dealt with outside of a trail it saves us time and energy that could be focused elsewhere. I also think some of our fellow Awakened need to get tougher skin and not take every word or someone disagreeing with them as some huge offense that should be dealt with through a trial.” Oh how she hated that! Looking to Arthur, “I think they should be acknowledged. Like you said, it will show the Consilium as a whole that we are doing what needs to be done and that Laws are being upheld. And not every infractions warrants a trial. If people don’t know the government is watching them and calling them out on the smallest thing, then I’d imagine people would believe they could get away with anything. My two cents anyways.” Politics…like herding wet cats. She then chuckles softly, “Yeah, I agree with you, we should hold off on any changes until we have our current mess figured out and people and the dust are settled.” There was too much change right now.

“Not only to surpass failures, but also to learn from them.” What good are failures if you don’t learn from them?

“I believe you are worthy as well Truce. Unfortunately, I cannot throw my hat at that one, I focused a lot on studying and learning for the Exam. I’m still an Apprentice in each of my Arcanums. Though since passing the Exams, I will be able to focus my energy into learning more of those Arcanums.” It sucked, but it is what it is. She thought the Exams were more important at the time.

“Well, I can’t claim as many positions or achievements as you guys can. This will be my first attempt as the Acanthus Councilor. Not that I don’t think I couldn’t step up into a position within the Ladder, I’m just not sure what I would qualify for. I would rather the most qualified,”
    eyes move between the two, “step into which role they feel they can serve best in.” it was weird though to be as vocal as she had been lately in politics. Maybe that last journey back home had changed something in her.

13. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread