Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Conversation between Monsters

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Agreed." There's no nod or even inclination of Garrick's head. Only a single word spoken with truth. "I don't understand how people could think lightly of the Masquerade. It's the only reason our kind exists." Now he shakes his head.

"It wouldn't even take a swarm of them, one patient fellow with enough toys could make most of us regret our mistake. I'm sure there are some of us that would be hard to hit." A nod towards the Caldarium. "Here we're relatively safe. But imagine someone who sleeps alone and in a more normal place. Get too relaxed and boom, a window gets opened during the day."

M
    Matrixchild

"Exactly," Joseph said with a smile. "It's definitely not something to take lightly."

"And we are safe here, as long as we continue to protect it and help it grow," he said looking around the Caldarium. Gilroy had started something truly interesting and great here. Joseph had every intention of continuing that path.

"It seems you have a mind for the Invictus, but you said you've been looking around at the other Covenants? Where does the Invictus stand in your thinking, now that you've heard a little more about it?" He was certainly interested in the man's take on it all. Clearly Garrick was looking for a place to belong, but it would be up to him to decide where that place could be.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"That's my plan. Grow it some more and make sure it stays safe." Dead toes curl and press against the cold floor. "Jack's done some good work on protecting the place. If we get more Family then we'll have more bodies too." The toes extend and lay flat.

"The Invictus it uh," A hand starts to move then falls back to Garrick's leg. "It sounds.. right? The right way to do things. I'm more interested in Control than Power but they seem to go together." It may be the wrong thing to say but Garrick isn't in the business of pissing off the powerful. "But ya, I'm up for finding out more."

M
    Matrixchild

"Someone might actually have to go back over Jack's work now that he's gone. You know how things can deteriorate over time." It wasn't that Joseph didn't trust Jack. The man had just been gone a while, and who knew what kind of work he had put in.

Then Joseph listened as Garrick went on, nodding his head as he listened. With a smile Joseph said, "Wonderful. What I'd like to do is maybe set up a meeting between Lady Reeve Stamford, yourself, and I. She would be able to help you take the next step forward if you are serious about joining the Invictus. And it's fine to prefer one aspect over the other. There are many roles and many needs within the Invictus. Roles for different people with different ideals and focuses. I can set up the meeting if you'd like and just go from there. How does that sound," ending with a smile again.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Aw damn." Right at the "probably won't ash you but don't get caught near it if it collapses" stage too. "Ya that'll have to get looked at." By someone at least, that Caldarium took quite a bit of work.

"The Reeve..er new Reeve?" Garrick blinks and the nods. Right into the deep end. "That would be great." ..wonderful? What's the right word? Wait, Invictus, so good clothes?

"Good clothes right? I can shave too if that helps." A hand waves at the jeans, probably not right for talking with Invictus about Invictus..stuff.

M
    Matrixchild

"I don't know if you necessarily need to shave, but it's never a bad idea to dress well. As they say, dress for the job you want, not the job you have," he said with a smile. "She is quite knowledgeable about the Invictus so I think it would do you plenty of good. I can try and set up a meeting at some point in the near future." He paused for a moment before continuing, clearly finished with the idea.

"With that settled, is there anything else you wanted to talk about? I imagine my letter of becoming Priscus came as some surprise."

Since the promotion took place earlier in continuity now, I figured I'd bring it up instead of ignoring it.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Garrick nods at the saying, not that he's heard it before. Probably makes sense for someone who wears suits to work. "Thank you." Greenberg setting up the meeting is less intimidating for Garrick.

"Ah" Followed by a soft laugh. "More of a surprise that it was worked out so quickly." Garrick's head turns back to look..in the general area, maybe, of Joseph. "No arguments from me and I'll stick on as Whip as long as you'll have me."

Then the curious question. "You approach Gil..the Seneschal or he you?"

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was ok to bring in

M
    Matrixchild

"I'm pleased it was worked out quickly as well," he said with a smile. "And I appreciate hearing that."

As Joseph shifted in place he continued. "I approached the Seneschal, but to be fair we both knew what the meeting was going to be about. He asked me what I expected out of the position, my plans to help the family, things along those lines and then he decided he felt I was the right fit. But speaking of future, I wonder," he said, a curious look on his face. "Is there anything you'd like to see change for the family?"

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A weary grin slips out. "I ah" Words fail and Garrick laughs softly again. Is this how things work? With words? "I guess I would have been safe to bet on you." The White Eyed Nosferatu shrugs apologetically. "I figured it was you or Robert. Maybe Alice if the Seneschal wanted to ruffle some feathers." Garrick isn't exactly sure what Alice wants, much like himself.

"Change?" White eyes take in the room and all it means. "I don't feel like we're looked down on here. Sure we're.. well us." Monsters amongst the dead. "But there's no mocking us or anything like that. I guess we should just keep working on this home and pushing into the sky?" The above ground cover does sound like a good idea, even if Garrick only plans to hang out in the underground waiting area outside the Necropolis's front door.

M
    Matrixchild

Joseph let out a chuckle at Garrick's comment of betting. "Well I think we're very lucky to have so many good family members." He wasn't going to comment on any opinions about Robert or Alice as Priscus. Family needed to stay unified, not divided, and his paranoia was already a burden enough on others. No need to feed into it.

"I would certainly agree to keep building up. I will say that I've kind of backed off of my original idea of a firm as the entrance, just because we've been so successful with the current entrance. With that said though, I wouldn't mind doubling down on that above ground haven. It's clearly progressed a good deal and I'm quite happy with it. With an increase in security or supernatural protections and it would certainly work just as well as my original idea. I think in its current state we can actually use it as a good meeting area for those not allowed in the Necropolis. What do you think?" He wasn't going to abandon his firm of course, but over time Joseph saw the shared haven for what it was: a good hidden access point. Adding the firm now would just result in shining a beacon on the entrance.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread