Watch

Queen and Scribe

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Morgan Bellanar

(Queen and Scribe)Changeling Spent
    PRE

Morgan walked up the path to her motley mate's house, well apartment that was in a house. Her left arm was laden with two six packs of soda and a grocery bag whilst her right hand carefully held a small decorated cake with "Congratulations! " written on it in frosting. Morgan didn't need to explain to the bakery what it was a congratulations for: they had several cakes with the word already on them. That was so convenient to the Beast's mind.

The Beast stalked around the back, quietly going up the wooden stairs to the third floor. Once there, she set the cake down onto the little table there, just in case. Morgan rolled her neck before using her free hand to knock on the door to Lynn's apartment.

Sorry for not starting this sooner, I didn't notice some threads I was in had closed.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

"Morgan!" Lynn threw open the door and a wide grin split her face as she gestured her friend in. "Come in!" She reached out and took the sodas so that Morgan didn't have to juggle them and the cake as well. "I'm so sorry that it took so long to get together." She led the away back into a small studio apartment, cool air scented by several candles that flickered cheerfully in mason jars. On the table was a plate of cookies and there were already several glasses set out.

"How are things?"

3. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

The firey raccoon's veins glowed brighter as she grinned right back at her friend, "Heh, hallo Lynn! Thank ye," she came in and allowed Lynn to take the sodas. That let her stabilize the grocery bag and the cake within better. She shook her head, "No worries Lynn. I, heh, reckon the promotion hath added new duties for thee so tis understandable."

Morgan walked over to the table and took the cake out of the bag. On top of the clear plastic cake box was a greeting card with Lynn's name on it. The card within was a "new job" variety of greeting card. Written in it was the note: "Congrats! I know it is technically not a job given lack of pay but congrats still."

Turning back to Lynn, Morgan pondered the question. "Well, heh," she brought up a claw and traced one of the glowing lines beneath her skin. She'd gotten used to the new look, "I hath had some changes I guess, heh. Speech cleared up bu~ut became a night light instead, heh heh," the Beast-Elemental giggled, "Heh, joyous that I perceived this change on my own, unlike with the Mantle, heh."

"Save that things art going...well, yes. Autumn Hollow tis, uh...well the usual. Heh, Symposium might heh help add some more researches to the, heh, hold. And what of thee?" she leans downward and to the left, hands clasped behind her back, "Are you doing good? How is the crown sitting with thee?"

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn shrugged and ran her fingers through her hair, as if searching for the antlers that had recently graced her forehead. "It's different. And the same, all at once. I have people who seem to want to cause trouble. I have people who look to me to do things. I have responsibilities to the entire Freehold." A brief smile crossed her face.

"You know, I remember when I first took my oath. You know what I said? I told Ms. LeBlanc that I wanted roots. I wanted a place to belong." She snorted. "Gah! I certainly managed that! Clear case of be careful what you wish for!" She picked up the card and read it, turning a brilliant smile on her friend.

"Thank you. And congratulations to you as well." She waved one hand at Morgan's new look. "Just what exactly is it that you've got going on?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan hummed in agreement at the mention of troublemakers, but kept silent on her thoughts about whom they were. She suspected certain folks, maybe a Spring lady and an Autumn lord, were still not getting along. Pledge violation was not to be done without very good reason. The Scrivener tilted her head in curiosity when Lynn talked about LeBlanc. She started when Lynn got loud, claws twitching on reflex, but quickly calmed down as she chuckled, "Tis a proverb, heh, we all, Lost that tis, should hath acquaintance with, heh."

Oh, and Lynn liked the card. That was a win. She smiled back at Lynn, "Welcome! And thank ye Lynn. Imma, heh, try to do a good job too, heh. Um..."

Yeah, the new look she had. Morgan shrugged off her jacket, placing it down on a chair. The blue neoprene tank top did a good job of hiding the glowing veins on her torso, but her arms displayed the alterations of Morgan's Mein. The light fuzz layer did little to hide the glow as Morgan raised her arms up, eyes following the veins from her wrist up to the elbow. At least if she ever needed to use a syringe on herself she'd now where her veins were. "Uh, heh, ye recall how I twas studying fire? Heh, the contract and experiments and, heh, the fire spirit probably, heh, too. Guess it, heh focusing upon fire that tis, mayhaps had residual affects upon me." She brought her right hand up to graps her left bicep, tapping her index claw right over one glowing vein, "Given the glow and all. Doubt I've contact with radiation, lest revisit fire spirit counted, so heh heh, the cause uh..."

She shrugged and spread her arms in the "I don't know" gesture, "Well nay ken the how but result tis obvious, heh. Nay expect mine speech would clear. Nay complain," she shook her head, "Mind ye Lynn. Tis easier to heh help folks as Scrivener if they can comprehend aught I say." The fire raccoon sounded happy with that particular change to her body.

She suddenly froze, eyes staring off, then she winced, "Oh yeah, heh," Morgan sagged as she slowly shook her head, "Scrivener now, heh, charged with archives. Could've checked that to see if this," she tapped her left arm, "hast happened a'fore, heh."

It had and at even greater levels of change but Morgan didn't know that.

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn snorted. "Or, you could try saying even less and just be all mysterious. You know, have people spend days trying to figure out what you meant when you said 'Good job. Try again.'" Pulling herself up, she folded her arms across her chest and raised one eyebrow, trying to imitate the mannerisms of every 'mysterious teacher' she'd seen in movies.

"But if you're in charge of the Archives, I may drop in for a look around. I'm still working on that line of Prophesy we got, about Life's Song and Spirit's Voice. I still think we might want to try and actually talk to a spirit of music or something similar." Turning to the cupboard, she pulled out a set of mismatched plates and cups and brought them to the table. "It's kind of fascinating, actually; talking to the embodiment of something. Sort of like when you first learn to make a contract with them, but it's different because each spirit can be unique to the location and the moment. And you can make them more powerful by tending what ever it is that they're based upon."

With a rattle of plastic, she wrestled the lid off the cake and set it to one side. Pulling out a knife, Lynn glanced at Morgan. "Would you like a corner or a side piece?"

8. Likes Origins liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan giggled, not bothering to remotely hide it, "Oh, heh, I like that, heh. Think that work good for, heh, any folks in authority. Tell folks what do, withhold the why. Let them speculate and listen to them. When ,heh, they come up with an idea you really like just, heh, declare: 'You hath deduced it. Twas my reasoning all along!'"

After a pause she smirked at Lynn, "We just, heh, shant spread around that tactic so we can use it, heh."

The smirk became a smile, "Heh, happy to give ye access and aid in the archives Lynn! Just in, heh, case though Imma gonna mailorder some, heh, Vatican holy water hense ye talk with a spirit," she shrugs, "Imma paranoid when, heh, it comes to my bestest's well being, heh. And tis probably the best option for defense that, heh, we can get with ease. Um..." Morgan was also the resident (relative) expert on Spirits in the Freehold, "Imma not sure if they can, heh, talk though. The one of Fire I boosted and met did nay speak. Barring trying to grab me that tis, heh, so they might nay be able to talks much. Well, maybe a signing music one could, heh, probably reside at oldest music hall in town. I shalt look into that but the only [b]commune[b]," Morgan actually made air quotes when she said that, "I found thus far is, heh, high stupidity. So I'd recommend against letting aSpirit possess ye to chat, heh."

Morgan tilted her head and hummed. It wasn't a huge cake after all. "Meh, corner tis fine Lynn. Would ye like a cola or, heh, a root beer?" Morgan grasped the soda packs to see what she should rip open.

10. Likes West liked this post

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

"Root bear, definitely." Lynn grinned and set about slicing the cake, deftly portioning it out between the two of them. "The spirit of something… it's a bit different that a spirit of a person. I can't really explain it, but there's no possessing involved. You simply…" She paused, trying to put her thoughts in order. "You just look at the world in a different way and find something to talk to."

"As for the spirit of something," she glanced at her fiddle and frowned. "There's a chance I've even got a small one living in my fiddle. Not sure I'd want to talk to that one though. It might not be the sanest."

"So how about the rest of things. Any further developments with our scaly nemesis?"

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan nodded and unhooked a couple of root beers, putting one in front of Lynn and another in front of the other chair. "Uh, yeah, tis the variance between spirits and, heh, ghosts. I've heh had a discussion with Daniel on it. Heh, he gots ghosts and I gots spirits." Morgan sat down, drinks beside the table leg. Morgan put her left elbow on the table, resting her chin on her palm, "And possession to commune tis a voodoo ritual I read up on, heh. Heh, humans can get possessed by ghosts or by spirits. Daniel and I are a little insistent on the phrasing, heh, too. The books I've read are insistant on it being possible, heh...probably because the books about voodoo and heh how to get them to possess ye..." she held up both arms into an 'X' "Which I still say tis a shit idea."

"Eh-heh, yeah, crazy spirit tis got to be worse then a sane one, heh. Saner ones, heh...Maybe we could check the, heh, concert halls or something like, heh, that."

Morgan thought on the reptile problem, "Uh, heh, the reptile infestation tis a remaining problem. Heh, Daniel and Mhairi and I doth had a lead. Tis the bastard lizard's, hmm...what label did Mhairi give her? Oh yes! His Pepper Potts. Nay ken if its gonna be good lead but we art working on it, heh. Tis a dream plot if ye get the meaning."

"Uh, other stuff tis going superior though, heh. Stocked up knives, archives tis well supplied for writing, finally inspite of our, heh, alarm system," she inhaled deeply, let out something between a laugh and a sigh, then grinned: "And the sprites hath nay slammed me in the face with a seige engine, heh, again."

Lynn Mills

FAME
    PRE

Lynn glanced over and raised an eyebrow. "Slammed in the face with a siege engine? That sounds like an interesting story. I've never really had the opportunity or inclination to speak with the smaller creatures that lived in the Hedge. Honestly, I've not gone into the Hedge much at all. My skills, or lack thereof, leave me fairly vulnerable in there."

"I'm going to try scouting the music halls, if you think that would be helpful." Lynn leaned back and crossed her legs, forking up a bit of cake. She thought for a moment, frowning. "Pepper Pots? I'm actually not sure who that is."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread