Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1607) Men and Their Titles

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

“I’ll appoint a replacement within the month, Sire,” Kenneth conceded answered.

“Only if you take someone with you.” The new Seneschal agreed to Konrad’s suggestion but he wasn’t about to send him without back up in case things turned violent (as they tended to around the Gangrel when they rushed off headless to danger) and to protect him against any attempt at Domination. “However, don’t confront her if you don’t need to. Let her leave the city peacefully.” Assuming Sterling would allow such a pacific confrontation.

“If you think she’s going to the Moore House, call me immediately.” The others might assume he was concerned for the Lance’s seat, its records, or to enact some secret ritual. In truth, he was afraid of what Josephine might do if she got a hold of the explosives he had hidden there. Once court was over, he would have to leave and move them.

“Sheriff Cross,” he said “I want you to take Miss Titiania, our newest family member,” he said indicating the woman whose flowery stench occasionally wafted even to their group “Seek out the ghoul. Assess whether it is a risk or if some use can still be made of her. Bring her to me with your recommendation once you have it.” That was, if 'it' (had to at least pretend this wasn't a human they were taking about) didn’t leave with Josephine. For an abandoned ghoul there were only two options for the poor woman. A new master to feed their blood addiction, or death. It would also allow the burned man to assess Titiana. Plus if Cross did leave right away he didn’t want to sacrifice more of the court’s security than was needed.

“Your Highness, were there any other expectations I should know about concerning my role?” It couldn’t hurt to ask. Well, it could in truth but given that ignorance was no protection from breaking unstated responsibilities, he thought it a good idea to ask.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist managed to keep her face neutral at Asa's announcement.

It wasn't that she disagreed on a logical basis with his choice. It was more that her gut instinct when she looked at Kenneth and thought of him as Seneschal thought of him, was to quickly smash the deadly insect.

As Kenneth accepted his nomination and appointment, she dipped her head in respect to the man. Or perhaps it was his title she was giving respect to. Was there a difference between the two in the world she lived in? She resisted the urge to glance toward the doors through which Josephine had fled and instead steeled her spine. She was Invictus. If there was a difference between a Kindred and their power than it would lead to one place. The place to which Josephine now fled.

May the Goddess watch over her.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Miss Harding might give you a more useful answer than I could," Asa replied.

They'd both asked the same question first. And the things that Kenneth really wanted to know? He would eventually answer himself.

"Obviously, you'll want the Haunts to acclaim a Priscus, in case you need to convene them." Asa paused, and glanced over at Twist before turning his attention to Kenneth again. "Let's also try to avoid the Domain calling upon my Archon quite so much in the future. If I'm not keeping her suitably entertained and she wants to find some trouble, that's fine -- but she isn't for cleaning up after everyone's messes."

The friendly smiled widened into something closer to feral.

"She's for making messes that I want made."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

5. Likes Wod.Infant, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Dead eyes cut toward Konrad as he makes his helpful suggestions. Eager to help, aren't we? It's not hard to see what might inspire such a passion for service. Well, there are those who serve and know that they serve and there are those who serve for want of power. And which one are you, Cross?

As his Regent begins issuing the first commands of his tenure as Seneschal, Cross shifts his attention back to The Worm, taking this opportunity to study him. As always, the sniveling aspect of his curse is most apparent. But, underneath that, there is the drive of a man who has made his decision, no matter the cost. Cross pities those who might underestimate him.

The burned haunt nods upon receiving his own orders, his eyes seeking out Tatiana, finally putting a face to the pervasive scent that's filled the chamber, even covering his own stink of burned flesh and hair. "Yes, Seneschal. I'll begin the search as soon as Court is safely concluded." He can't leave directly, not after what's come to pass tonight. There's little chance of violence, but the threats made by the former Reeve do not sit well with him.

Then, the Prince is speaking and Cross can do little else but bow his head, keeping his eyes from meeting those of the monster who rules this domain. Even with his beast masked, Asa Clarke carries himself with a predatory grace and power that disturbs Cross. Taken together with his Archon, Cross can't help but feel a primal terror. Even with his eyes averted, he registers that feral smile.

Stay still, stay attentive, wait for dismissal.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Katya? That was an odd statement. Why she would know better the Prince’s expectations better than himself. It could only mean Asa didn’t really want to keep explaining to the Nos. The High Worm was wearing out his welcome.

His next comment was still slightly confronting. There it was. Gilroy had known the Prince had to have an ulterior motive for naming him Seneschal. Clarke had to know that Kenneth knew he’d have to give up the Priscuship. So his mention only confirmed the worm’s suspicion. Asa had appointed him as a move to influence the Clan.

“Of course your Majesty,” he replied. It was obvious but only in a four way tie. Marlon had seniority and he had proved himself willing to improve the family’s state. Alice was most likely to hold the family together through her oddly perfect façade but she still lacked leadership experience and Kenneth was loath to place her in harm’s way in Sacramento’s ever changing Danse. He’d named Cross as Sheriff for his own reasons and those could carry over very easily. Yet, if his Majesty was pushing a change in leadership; there was only one choice to fit what he imagined the Prince’s wish to be. An Invictus in power. And with Jack’s mysterious and sudden disappearance (very convenient that) Greenberg had very few who’d actively oppose him (and who he’d actively oppose). He’d have to make sure there Jack hadn’t been killed or run off. If nothing could be found though… the Prince’s desire couldn’t be opposed.

“Allow me a couple weeks to assure a smooth transition.” Gilroy’s eyes skittered over the suspicious lawyer as he spoke. If he found Greenberg had gotten rid of his Hound in a grab for power there would be hell to pay. If so… well Asa had just expressed the possessiveness he felt towards those that endangered the bearer of that title.

“Please be assured, Prince Clarke, I would never presume to call upon her Grace on my own.” He’d seen what she could do after all. He’d seen her volunteer for it. Maybe there had been some behind the scenes pressure but he was pretty Twist needed no incentive to commit bloodshed. He cringed towards the Alder Kindred in a manner that acquiesced all power of authority to her and her Prince.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

9. Likes West liked this post
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad nods his agreement to Kenneth to show he understands the orders given him. He also bows to the Prince and the Archon before making his departure from the group. While he knew what sort of car the former Reeve drove, Konrad hadn't driven himself to the Necropolis and she'd already be well on her way to the safety of her Haven.

He could wait at the Moore House in case she stopped there, but Konrad knew someone else who had close ties with Sterling, at least once upon a time.

Konrad returns to the main thread

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist turned to meet Asa's glance and when she turned back to those gathered around, there was a dark sparkle in her eyes and her lips had the faintest curve of a smile. One of the deadly dangerous smiles that a person secretly desires as much as they fear, the smile that promises equally pain or ecstasy or perhaps that sweet summit of both. Just as clear as the type of smile was whether it was at the idea of being kept entertained by Asa or making messes for him.

The cringing bow of Kenneth didn't do anything to lessen the look, if anything it may have made it sharper. But she didn't say anything to ease the look, or Asa's statements. Instead she remained quiet, allowing the others to drift away from them.

Briefly she glanced around the room at the small groups forming, wondering if there were any that Asa wished to join. She had never been the one to presume or assume that it would be with her that he remained for an entire court. But she did so enjoy the ones where she had the luxury.

12. Likes West liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa didn't doubt his new Seneschal at all.

While many appreciated --what a wonderful word to encompass both admiration and fear-- Twist, they did it so one dimensionally. Her excellence was but one side of the gem; another, her own appreciation of excellence. And Kenneth Gilroy was not only anything but -- he was the antithesis. Whether the Seneschal understood the why or not, Asa knew that his instinct would guide him correctly.

"Wonderful."
    Asa drew the word out in a lazy drawl that left 'business' far behind. "This setting is quite remarkable. Was there a singular architect that guided the design, or was it a communal effort?"

His eyes followed Twist, and he gave her a slightly curious look, silently asking if anything had caught her interest.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross stands still as a statue while the more powerful monsters around him confer. The longer he remains in that posture, the more out of place he seems, but to leave without being explicitly dismissed could be seen as an insult. Meanwhile his silence could be read as base stupidity, even if it's meant as respect. But to speak out of turn might only draw the anger of his superiors.

Again, Cross has seen situations like this before. But, unlike his earlier confrontation with Josephine, he's far less comfortable now. He's never had a head for such political and interpersonal strategy. He'd rather be breaking legs.

Still, there's no way out of his current position. And so he decides to take a risk and enter the conversation: "If I may, Your Majesty, Your Grace." A bow is offered to Asa and Twist, each in turn, as he names them. "My name is Robert Cross, Sheriff of the Deep Kingdom, serving at the pleasure of Regent Gilroy." A nod of respect is offered to his regent as he speaks. "It was his initial vision that has resulted in this chamber, though it was carried out and expanded upon by Caretaker Hart," dead, blue eyes indicate Alice across the Caldarium before returning to the Prince. "I understand that Whip Marlon also lent his aid in the construction of this portion of the Necropolis."

He pauses, lowering his eyes in deference once again, "I know I speak for my whole family when I say it's an honor to have you here with us this evening." Three options, Cross: you're ignored, you're dead, or you get a response. He can't decide which might be worse.

15. Likes West liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist lowered her eyes briefly in the negative before shifting her attention to Cross, glad that it wasn't Kenneth just yet that she had to face. Despite the unpleasant appearance of Cross at least he didn't make her skin crawl.

"It is impressive what a group working toward a common goal can achieve." Leaning forward slightly to peer around the room, her eyes lingered on the dark openings that lead out of the current area. "Does your vision carry throughout the remaining areas?" she asked, her voice directed toward Kenneth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread