Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Renewal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Well, as long as we are openly communicating our intentions and which responsibilities we'll be taking, then yes, that sounds fair, Crowley. Everything is subject to change. And once we get new members we'll be able to manage tasks more easily. For now I'll remain as Farseeker, since I already have an understanding with Veiled Threat's members. But I plan to use your suggestion, Faye, once we get our Sanctum fixed up."

Truce takes a moment to munch on a bit of pizza before washing it down with beer. He clears his throat as he dabs a napkin against his lips. "So the first item on that agenda, we need to get the Sanctum back to a hundred percent. Crowley, if you can contact a home repair company I think that should do the trick. I'll help out with finances where needed. Once that's done, our second item will be for me to arrange a barbecue and invite Veiled Threats. I think we should be very forthcoming with them about our intentions as a Cabal. Maybe we can find some complimentary roles to balance each other with in the Consilium."

"The third item will be our ongoing development of our combative abilities and defenses. I'd like to take part in this boxing lesson as well. And we should discuss some strategies for dealing with Banishers, and strategies for dealing with Seers. For example, Banishers seem to focus on countering our workings and using physical attacks. I imagine Seers will be much the opposite. Since we have a decent variety among us to view the spectrum of the Tapestry, we can try and use counter-magics against them, at least until we find a means of escape."

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Getting up and grabbing another beer, “If you want Doorwarden then do it.” She jokes back to him while opening the beer. “I can do Hearthmaster, or at least share the responsibility with you. I might be a little more suited for it with my schedule. The whole self-employed thing makes it easy for me to take care of things around here and deal with issues and all that.” There was a shrug as she returned to her seat. Like Crowley, she was more focused on the pizza, rabbit food just didn’t cut t for her. “Just don’t expect me to cook, cause then we’d have to repair the kitchen.” She laughs, knowing she couldn’t cook to save her life.

“As far as training, that’d be great. I mean, I have weapons, everything from swords to whips, but I’ve never actually used them as weapons.” There was a laugh when she realized that might be taken the wrong way. Oh well.

“Sounds good. If you need a hand with that, let me know.”
    She could totally pull off decorating for a gathering.

“Count me in on helping with the money too. I’m not paying much rent where I’m at right now, so it’s not a problem.”

Strategies are always a good thing. “Well, nothing a little Luck won’t help with.” There was a smile, yup, she enjoyed using Luck. Well, not too much of course, cause consequences and all. “Have the Banishers moved to any other area besides the university?”

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley nodded at Faye's response.

"Yeah. We could bounce Hearthmaster between us until things sort themselves out. I'll hang onto Doorwarden until someone better qualified comes along." He grinned.

"I can pitch in with cash and labour. Pretty sure between us we can get the upper floors going again. As for the banishers? No idea. I experimented with Wards a while back but I couldn't get anything viable going... I can't get my spells beyond yea big... And to protect this place you need a lot more. Principle is sound though. I reckon I get put mana shields on people for a bit of spell protection. Maybe Faye could rustle up something similar with Time. You know? If the Seers are coming at us from that angle?"

He paused to pick up his beer.

"But yeah. Banishers. I got the impression they stuck to their corner - once they didn't follow us home. We found a cache... no fuck that... A library. At the university. If its a Sanctum, its a big one. I would like to go back and check that its still there at some point."

And lastly.

"Work out how we and VT can complement one another? Never been tried. Go for it Truce. We may as well go all in with this clean slate thing. No point hanging onto the past; the old consilium is gone."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"We are always in a state of transition and change," agrees Truce with a small shrug and smile to Crowley. "Some transitions are more extreme than others though. Then it's agreed, for now you will be Doorwarden, Crowley. I will remain Farseeker and you shall be Hearthmaster, Faye. You've made yourself at home with us in record time," he says lightheartedly to the Enchantress.

Truce sets his plate down and folds his hands together in front of him. "The Banishers, right. Between our encounter with them at the university library, the GLO distributors 'Attack Dog', and the faculty that were being investigated, I can't say for certainty what their current status is. Steel Phoenix, previously Fateful Watch, I'm told made some progress on that front, while Veiled Threats headed the investigation. All in all, though, I haven't heard any updates in some time now. That may be something we can discuss with them at the barbecue, should they agree to attend. But truly, it's the Seers that concern me the most right now."

His gaze falls on Faye once more. "I should have probably mentioned this earlier, Faye. We have a Ghost inhabiting this Sanctum. I knew her when she was living, but now her shade aides me from Twilight. She doesn't get along with others easily, and her abilities as a Ghost are limited, but I thought I'd let you know now. She does act as a sort of guardian for me, and I trust that she'd warn me if she encountered an invading entity. I'll introduce you sometime if you like."

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I’m willing to try, though to be honest, I’ve never tried to put up Wards before. I’ve never had a reason cause I was never in one place for longer than maybe a month or so. As far as Time, pretty sure I can come up with something.” There was a grin, playing with Time was always fun.

“A library, anything good in it? Is it something that is easy to get to, cause I’d like to see it too. If it isn’t, maybe a little magic will tell us more about it and maybe who moved it.” If someone moved it, maybe they left some type of signature.

“I think most of VT will be willing to work together. Refusing to at least try I think will fracture this community more than it already is. Which will give our enemies a way in and a leg up on us.” She prob elaborated more on that then she should have, but whatever.

She grins, “Record time huh? Is there like a prize or something?” she jokes with a laugh. Though she turns serious when he mentions the Banishers and Seers more.

“What has you more concerned about em? Have they made a move or anything? And where do they mainly hangout?” knowing where the Seer’s spent their time would be good.

Whoa…a ghost? Her eyes widen,

“I’d love to be introduced! Never heard of someone getting aided by a ghost, but doesn’t bother me or anything. I like to try and get along with everyone, so I’d appreciate knowing if she doesn’t like me for some reason or how I can get along with her.”
    She’d never had any dealings with ghosts, so it’d be something new.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"The library was huge, man. Like it was some pocket realm or folded space... thing. Hidden door of magical nature - more like a portal than a door - bound to the ceiling but keyed through an array of gems that formed part of the wall. It was all about directing light, so quite nifty. It's tied, for want of better word, to one of the Sacramento campus' main libraries. When the door is open, its pretty vulgar, so best go at night."

He paused, tapping fingers on his beer bottle.

"The library was guarded, then. It might not be now, if the Banisher's have lost their top guys. We retrieved a powerful grimoire from there; but that was one book out of many..."

He drank.

"No idea where the Seers or the Banisher's lurk now. Guess I'll be on the look out for anything... off... you know? Yeah, you know."

He gave Faye a considering look.

"Wards? You need to be a Apprentice of Space to wrap your head around warding spells to start with. And then they're... small. Thats the best I can manage. Even ritual castings are... Nah! Don't try ritual casting wards: sure you can make your wards bigger, but no where near enough to protect a Sanctum... Even trying to get an overlapping series of wards is too costly in time and other resources to make it viable. I tried to work it out... Nah! You need to be a Disciple or more, deeper into the mysteries to have a hope. But if we could get a safe or something like that, I might be able to put something together."

At Truce's proclamation, that Faye was admitted to their company, Crowley just chuckled and favoured his Cabal mates with a warm smile.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"I'm pleased that her presence won't trouble you," Truce says to Faye regarding his ghostly companion.

"Banishers, while formidable, find willworking distasteful, and so limit themselves to more mundane methods. Their understanding of the world is likewise skewed. Seers, however, fully embrace their Awakening and may use any means to acquire power, no matter how unsavory. What concerns me is that we know very little about the Seer presence. Only that they have turned their eyes on the city, as told in the prophecy. At least with the Banishers we have some intel," Truce explains in a grim manner before turning back to the subject of the library.

"Honestly, I would think the Banishers would be smart to remove anything of value from the library, destroy it utterly, or simply reinforce it with their own defenses. But I'm not against checking in on the space. Perhaps Scrying it firstly?" he suggests looking to the practitioners of spatial workings.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Everything seemed to need Space, maybe it was time to find someone willing to teach her.

“Ah, so that’s another reason I haven’t played with it, I don’t have any Space knowledge. Though lately I’m starting to think I should try and pick up a basic understanding of it. But I’m willing to lend what I do know with Time and Fate to help!” she liked helping and being useful.

They would hopefully both learn that she was really laid back about most stuff.

She frowns, “It concerns me too. Do we know of anyone with any knowledge of the Seer’s presence? Cause I’d like to at least know what to look out for and where they hangout.” Someone has to know something.

There was a nod, “Scrying sounds like a great place to start. Cause if it’s not there anymore, I’d rather not be poking around and draw attention. Gather what info we can and go from there.” Sounded like a solid plan.

“On a separate note, before I forget, what are the house rules and such? Not that I throw wild and crazy parties, but I like to know what’s expected of me or what is a no-no.” not that it was a huge thing, but some people could get weird when you started housing together. No music past 10pm or something.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"House rules? We never had house rules before..."

Crowley started laughing.

"No. I'm serious. We kinda just operated on the theory we all have our own private rooms, right? They're private. And the common areas were... well... common. Thats about all that was ever agreed upon. I think we once chatted about setting some patrols up or something like that... You know... Watch our territory. Get to know it and stuff. We were kinda getting into all that when Flidais found the spider corpse guy. Before she took off."

He pulled a face.

"Unless you want to start setting some house rules now?"

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles softly at Crowley's mirthful response, but seems to give the question consideration.

"Well, when we first formed, we did talk about a policy for having guests over. But I think it's common courtesy to keep us informed on such invitations, as well as a matter of Sanctum security. Otherwise, I trust we can all compromise and be considerate of each other's possessions and privacy."

"But no, I'm afraid we don't have any idea of who, how, or where the Seers will strike. We will just have to be prepared for anything. That aside, has anyone heard if Varyx has set a date for Cabal recruitment, for the unattached Consilium members? I think we should consider scouting for a fourth member as well."

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread