Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Summer Renewal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley takes the offered beverage. He sips. Grunts. Sips again. Takes a bigger sip.

"You know... This ain't half bad. Heck... I'd have another - but ah! I'd better finish this first, yo." He smiles in genuine appreciation. "You never let out you did a bit of brewing on the side. This just gets better and better."

He shifted in his seat, rolling into a proper sitting position. "Yeah. It kinda goes without saying that I'd like to invite you into our Cabal. I've wanted to work with you for some time. And we're good together. Um. I mean, I feel that we can work well in a team." Which is the truth - deep in his mind, a flicker of memory: of an idea that came too late... A metal musician, a fire dancer, a crazy fool... Commedia dell'Arte. He missed the moment and times changed. The dream of a themed Cabal would remain forever a phantasm, alive only in dreams.

"As for what TdS is trying to accomplish? Well... Once we hoped to monitor and map the High Places in the area. You know, keep a watchful distance - just in case something or someone tries to set up shop. We figured the Consilium need some people to at least keep an eye out for the Hallows and stuff, because if we didn't track 'em... Well, someone might try and move in, set up camp and we'd only know once they're set up."

He shrugged, took another swig of the tasteful ale and looked at it admiringly.

"Now... Now we just keep it local. Try and watch over our immediate back yard. I can fight - but I'm just a regular joe who got into scrapes. A bit of boxing on the side, nothing major. Truce here is the research machine should anything come up. Now I can work a room... but what we do need is someone who can build solid relationships with people." He saluted Faye with his drink. "Now you... You got the people skills and you got the way and the means to get people to really open up. Thats really what we need."

Eventually, he put his beer down and rose to collect a slice of pizza.

"Well... We have had a brush with the Abyss. It didn't go so well but at least we stopped things from getting worse. There were some Sleeper artists, you see. Kept a house paid for by a patron - odd relationship. Anyway, one got Touched and started making some disturbingly accurate paintings... The others got infected by proximity. And it didn't end well. I think we missed something somewhere..."

A pause while he drifted into thought. They still had Leeba Bachmann's paintings... With a sidelong glance to Truce, he continued: "We have found some weird ass spider spirits. At least, I think they're spider spirits?"

2. Likes Orianna liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"I think so too," agrees Truce with Faye's optimism on their ability to work together. At Crowley's approval of her home-brewed beer, Truce takes a drink as well. An interesting talent.

He nods along with Crowley's description of their Cabal's purpose and efforts, once ambitious and now relatively mediocre.

"Thank you, Crowley. Yes, I'd like to consider myself relatively knowledgeable and resourceful when encountering something new. But I'm afraid we've only ever been able to manage situations as we encounter them, as opposed to an set plan of action. Regarding that incident with the Abyss, it seemed that someone had developed a recording that housed Abyssal messages which inhabited the minds of those Sleeper who listened. We were able to contain the danger, though at considerable lost."

"As for the Spider Spirits, as we're calling them, it's hard to say. Since Flidais isn't around, we're not really able to pursue that investigation unless one of us learns how to see and speak with them. But it seems one attacked and killed a neighbor of ours. We're trying to find out how and if it may happen again. So far it seems like an isolated incident."

He doesn't have a problem sharing the details with a prospective Cabalmate.

"I'm willing to revisit our Cabal's goals if you are, Crowley. With all that's going on, we really should task ourselves with something to aid the Consilium against the Seer threat. Do you have any ideas for what you would like to accomplish if you join us, Faye?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Just a side hobby I picked up from my dad. But thanks.” Was good to know she hadn’t completely screwed up the batch.

Their goal was an admirable one, but sounded like it fell through. Maybe others coming and going?
    People skills? Yeah, that was her. Years of working crowds had taught her well, rather it be extra charming for good tips, or simply pull the wool over their eyes.

Wait…what?! Spider spirits? Is that a thing?! She didn’t dwell on it too much, listening to Truce ranked higher.

Their intentions were good, they just needed the numbers to back it up.

“Have to admit, never heard or seen any spider spirits. Though they do sound creepy.” She didn’t mind spiders, but that didn’t mean she wanted to spend time with em. “An isolated incident? Not something you’d just expect to happen once and then be done with.” Maybe there was something more, maybe there wasn’t. But if it was a neighbor, she’d be curious to see if it was still hanging around somewhere.

“I’ve never done anything with spirit, though I am exploring mind.” Seemed like one of them needed to learn it, if that was possible. “Maybe someone would be willing to teach one of us the basics? Something to consider.” Then again, maybe a Spirit Mage would fall into their laps and need a Cabal.

She takes a drink while she thinks over the question.

“I’ve always wanted to aid the Consilium in some way. Make myself more useful then I have in the past. Never been after any position of power, just contribute in some way. But I think your mention of revisiting the goals you talked about earlier sounds like a great place to start. There’s no reason we can’t.” there was a shake of her head, “Perhaps learning each other’s strengths can help us do more than just manage.” Was an idea.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley could only agree, nodding along to the flowing conversation while he carried his pizza back to his seat.

"I got no problem with revisiting our Cabal's goals. In fact... I think its a fantastic idea. We been coasting for too long." He manipulated the yummy slice to get it into his mouth. "And I'm with Faye. We should spend some time working out where our strengths... and weaknesses... are. Once we know that... We'd be in a better position to know what we can do."

He chewed for a few moments more. "We could also try establish more... better... hell, any... Relationships with other Cabals. I guess at the moment that is just Veiled Threats... Eh... We've been bouncing off them as an alternative group for too long. Right now the Consilium needs us all pulling together... Anyway. What I mean is, we could follow up with Fisher... I know she was being courted by, well, everyone. If Wayland's idea proposed Arrow cabal hasn't come through then I guess she's with VT... So. Why not bring her (or them) into this problem with the Spider Spirits. At the very least we can try and consult with her, maybe even get her insight. We've probably missed something obvious."

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Some time ago, when Veiled Threats had lost a few of its members, we did consider their entry into Temoins du Sud. But at the time there were too many unknowns on both sides. I'd like to think we have a mutual respect for each other now, at least in regards to Star and Avis. I think I can convince Star, at least, to provide aid should we need it. As for Fisher, I think we may have to strike a deal with her for guidance."

"But Spider Spirits aside, I think we should resume the traditional roles expected of a Cabal. If I may, I would like to resume my role as Farseeker and act as a liaison to the other Cabals in an official capacity. Crowley, I would like you to take on the Hearthmaster. You're relatable and considerate and the glue that holds us together, and you've been with us since the beginning. I think these roles will allow us to focus our efforts and responsibilities."

He looks to Faye to explain. "You see, last year it was decided we abolish these roles for a more freeform Cabal structure. But I'd like to revive them if you both agree."

"And we should certainly get to know each other's strengths. For myself, my studies of the Supernal has yielded me great understanding within the purview of Death. Though I'm afraid I've left my studies of the material plane on the wayside as a result. And I am relatively decent in my understanding of the universal consciousness as well as the temporal nature of time, so I could assist you in your studies of the Arcana of Mind, Faye. Other than that, I'm relatively knowledgeable about medical science, psychology, and the supernatural. Unfortunately, outside of my workings, I'm not well-suited to physical violence should it come to that when facing the Seers or Banishers."

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods as she both listens and eats, liking the ideas Crowley made.

“We could always reach out to VT with a gathering. Like maybe a barbecue or something, give everyone a chance to meet and talk in a neutral setting. No reason we can’t all work together to keep each other safe.” Refusing to work together with others would say a lot about a Cabal. And this community could do with a lot less being divided.

“I’m cool with reviving them. Having roles I think will help us get closer and get things done that need to be done.” A freeform Cabal structure? Doesn’t sound like it would work, least not to her. She needed to know what was expected of her, or she gets sidetracked.

“I’ve focused more on Time, though I’m no expert in it yet. And I would def love any help with Mind.” That would be awesome! “Umm, strengths?” she takes a long pull off her beer as she thinks. “Being a more social type girl, I able to be charming and gather information by getting people to trust me.” Hearing Truce’s knowledge of science and all that made her feel a little inadequate. “Most of my life has been focused on training and honing my performance skills.” She says a little sheepishly, slightly embarrassed, “Though it has gotten me into some harder to access areas. And people sometimes underestimate me which can give me the upper hand. And like you Truce, I’m not well-suited for violence, I tend to rely on Luck to get me out of those situations. But I would like to learn to fight, seems like a really useful skill.”

And in typical Faye fashion, she tries to lighten things, "I also brew beer and refurbish old furniture." she jokes with a grin.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley nodded and scratched at his chin.

"Yeah. Well... We gave democracy a go. Kept things flat and such. But you are right, it didn't work well. And we just coasted because of it. So lets give the old traditions a go."

He stuck into the pizza again.

"Well. Lets see. I.... Awoke to the Angels and the Valkyries and the Watchtower of the Mighty. Uhm... I'm a Disciple of Forces and Prime; I am an Apprentice of Space with an interesting in wards and magic circles and stuff. Apart from the music, I know my way around the street and can jimmy open locks and pick a pocket. Or two. And yeah... I've been in a few brawls and have some basic moves down. I can also moonlight as a home handy man..."

He made a face. Then devoured the remains of the pizza and looked hungrily at the table.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce smiles, perhaps too brightly as they favor his return to tradition. It's nice to have another Thearch on hand to promote a more orderly approach to things.

"It's my personal philosophy to avoid violence as much as possible. I think with a silver tongue we can solve most of our problems. Though I suppose there may be little room for debate when encountering our enemies. Perhaps we should at least prepare for such circumstances, but avoid them as best we can."

"And yes, a barbecue sounds like a great idea. Once we get the Sanctum back in shape, of course. I dare say you may make a better Farseeker with those ideas. What position would you like to hold, Faye? I'd be willing to take on the Lorekeeper's responsibilities if you think you can be our liaison."

By her own claim she may well be more suited to the social aspects of a Farseeker, and him more suited for keeping the lore. But perhaps she had another position in mind.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“With the turn things have taken, I don’t think coasting will cut it or help anyone in the long run.” Yeah…she was looking long run…this girl was sticking around.

Space would be good to learn, and would be a huge to help to a few of her tricks. Maybe he’d be willing to share his knowledge?

Nodding to Truce, “I’m more than happy to avoid violence. And have used my magic more than once to get me out of it. I’m not ashamed of using Time and Fate to get me out of trouble. But with how things have changed around here, knowing some basic self-defense might help.” Plus, she was tied of just being a pretty face, she wanted to do something. “And a silver tongue can only get us so far unfortunately.” She shrugs a shoulder.

Her eyes widen slightly, “Oh, I don’t know about that.” She says a little uncertainly. “I just have some ideas and a way with words. If Farseeker is a job you wish to hold and have held in the past, I’d feel bad for taking it. I'm the new girl here.” She didn’t want to come to a new Cabal and take a position someone else wanted and could do. That wasn’t right. “As far as which position? I’m not really sure. I do seem best suited to something more social and getting people together and trying to get past conflict. I've also expanded my knowledge as far as being a Ladder is concerned. I studied by but off the exams. That being said, I’m also willing to take on something completely new to me. What do we need the most? I want to see us succeed and be thought of as highly as VT.”

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"If you want Farseeker, take it." Crowley smiled. "Yeah... And if you want some fighting tips, I guess I could get you started. I have done a bit of boxing in my time." He ran a finger through his hair, behind his ear.

"I guess I'll do Hearth Master, then. Not my first choice... I kinda saw myself more as Doorwarden - I did it before for a while. I just don't see me as the confessor type. Hold the fort kinda guy, maybe? But you know - there's only three of us for the moment so I can don both hats until we get more settled. Sound fair?"

He was rising again, heading to the table. He tried to look at his... salad. He really did. For once the pizza seemed more wholesome.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread