Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Gimme Shelter) Down on the Farm

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Brady and Rhayna, I mean. I heard they might be Diablerists. But they said the same about Cotouri and that turned out to be hearsay," Konrad clarifies to Garrick.

"All I want to know is who this woman is and what she's hoping to accomplish with this ritual businesses. The ones we brought here said they were looking for a Sanctuary. So they must have heard about it from that flier or through the grapevine. The woman wanted Kindred to come here. And now that they're here, they're feeding off her."

"I think I'll keep an eye on the basement window a bit longer and catch a glimpse of this lady. Garrick, you keep watch on the Kine out front and make some sort of animal noise if they start to come around to my position. And Alice, if you could, scout out the rest of these buildings to make sure there's not more hiding around here."

"Sound good?"

2. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Brady. Rhayna, and now Cotouri. Names she really needed to find out the history of since they kept popping up everywhere.

Silently Alice listens to Konrad as he sets about with a plan. The doll nods and offers a quick, "Sounds good to me." before she slips away to do the scouting that the savage asked for.

Her eyes, as sharp as uncut gemstones, quickly find the shadowed secrets of the remaining buildings.

2 suxx scouting
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-01 18:16:23 Alice Hart rolls 6 to Scouting (Wits 3 + Comp 3) (10 Again) 6, 6, 5, 10, 10, 4, 5, 2 2 successes
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Ah, well then. A nod as Konrad clarifies what he meant, not that it makes anything better. The pair possibly being soul drinkers doesn't really make anything better.

"Sounds like a plan." The plan sounds good though. A bit more waiting and watching. Then probably talking..hopefully talking.

Probably fighting.

With another nod Garrick moves to get a good view of the kine, sticking to the shadows and the dark of the orchard if he can. What animal though? What animals are local around here? Bark maybe? His left hand scratches at his beard as Garrick ponders.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

With their team in agreement, Konrad slinks back over to the window which he left, peeking in carefully around the edges so as not to be spotted by the group of Kindred. He tries to listen and see if he can pick up anything said beyond the glass pane with his enhanced hearing. His gaze stays on the unidentified woman who bled and fed from her arms.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The scene has not progressed much further: the quartet are still locked in their disturbing and reverent embrace.

Can Konrad give me a roll of Wits + Composure. The window is shut and the glass is thick.

From where Garrick stands, he can see that the kine are finishing up their business. One has already peeled off, presumably toward the main house. The other two slowly clean up the workspace, chatting about normal things: the sportsball, beer, and the fact they actually got the old beast going again at all...

Alice flits between the buildings: barns and sheds for the most part. They all show signs of being altered and repurposed; most have trap doors granting access to basement levels that appear to be recent(ish) additions.

Its the sound that alerts her first, a creak and a grind of hinges. Sharp eyed she spies the trap door as it opens like a crude flower. Someone is coming up! She also see's her shadow, hazy and indistinct, liminal and cast oddly in the weak light*.

*Alice rolled for perception not stealth :P What does she do?

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Perception, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-03 09:39:49 Konrad Roth rolls 8 to make things out through the thick glass [WIT+COM] (10 Again) 4, 5, 5, 10, 3, 6, 8, 7, 7 2 successes

The thick glass creates some distortions, but Konrad has always prided himself on his keen perception. He focuses on the scene below him, wondering just how long the group would stay like this.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

You know that nagging feeling that you've forgotten something? I thought it was from me forgetting eggs at the store...turns out it's because I forgot to roll for stealth :P

Her sharp gemstone eyes catalogue the changes to the buildings she'll report to the others. Her worried her lip are she realized that this farmstead seemed to be creating their own Underground Empire. (Or at least some tunnles for navigation during the day lit hours. But after hearing Konrad tell them about the blood-drippy drinking fest happening in the main building Alice was betting on Underground Empire....she wondered how many of her cousins were under this Mother's thrall.

Flush with the success of becoming one with the shadows without the aid of the Blood as she ghosted through the grass, it slipped the doll's mind that slipping around, through and between buildings was a different matter entirely.

The doll freezes as the first creaking sounds of the trap door's opening meet her inhumanly enhanced ears. Her mind spirals as she realizes just what her eagerness could cost her. Knowing that her own stupidity, and carelessness could coast them Alice pulls away from the building, and dives back into the tall grass.

1 suxx HideHideHide!!!!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-03 14:59:05 Alice Hart rolls 5 to HideHideHide!!! (Dex 3 + Stealth 2) (10 Again) 2, 1, 3, 5, 10, 2 1 success
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Bastards can still drink beer. Ok no focus. One, two,... come here number three. Another running vehicle could make this bad. They only had that beater before. With the two sticking around to clean up Garrick moves to find the third who wandered off. Maybe there are more somewhere out of sight and hearing?

1 suxx to find number three
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-08-04 00:30:41 Garrick rolls 5 to Gimme-Farm Perception1 (Wits+Comp=5) (10 Again) 4, 7, 8, 4, 7 1 success

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The sound is faint but Konrad's preternaturally keen senses pick it up.

"Mother..."

Someone. No - some people - are mewling the word. The raggedy fellow Konrad and his crew met before, for one. The other must surely be the distorted sound of the hulking Haunt. The woman with the strange skin and dripping arms, croons like a mother hen. For a moment or more, Konrad picks up the hushed tones of an old lullaby.

And then the moment is over. Mother ends her embrace; at her will her bleeding ceases and the bruised, bloody, discolouration of her skin visibly dissipates. She steps back and moves away, her posture closing. The others remain where they squatted, hunched over and beguiled.

"No more tonight. You are safe here. I am with you and you are with me. Family. My precious children. Goddess watch over you."

Love, devotion, and dismissal.

Garrick

Garrick is torn, watch Konrad's back or try and follow the third farm hand. He finds a compromise, sticking to the shadows at the edge of the property, finding a spot to triangulate as far from Konrad as he dares. Sharp eyes catch site of the third farm hand - as they vanish into the main house, briefly, to reappear a short time later with a cigarette, where the situate themselves on the front porch to enjoy the solitude of the night.

Alice

The basement doors are open. Saskia, whom Alice recognises from before, pops up with a broom in her hands and covered in dust. There is a triumphant glow to her face. Rather than look about her, she turns and looks down, into the basement from which she came.

"See. I told you that annex was a stairwell. I tell you, this place is a warren. You reside here, Sophie! How can you not know this? I mean, we share the Blood, right? Haven't you ever been curious about this place? Its amazing. I know Mother's been here long time, but I swear some of this isn't her work." Saskia chuckled. "Yeah. Ok. Thats... fair... I guess. I know. Soon we'll be more than Cousin's. I can't wait!" Saskia added wistfully.

She disappears again and the doors close behind and above her.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Even from this far away the cigarette causes Garrick to fall into stillness as the monster gets ready to run. Sure sure, very funny asshole. Wonder how often smoking that thing gets him an assbeating with kindred nearby. Satisfied that number three probably isn't going to do anything useful Garrick shifts and moves within the darkness to get a better view of Konrad.

Again the White Eyed Nosferatu wills himself to still as he watches Konrad. The secession of breathing takes the most effort, something Garrick knows is just a thing now and not needed, but old habits die hard.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread