Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 17
DISPLAYED
(Private) A Place to Opine

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

“I accept your apology but you still haven’t answered my question. There may be no excuse but there must be reason. Otherwise you're just a mindless sycophant looking for orders from your Priscus and you won't survive long in Sacramento without becoming someone's pawn. I'd prefer you try to be more than that. Take control of yourself and your Requiem. You must have good reason and purpose behind your actions."

"So I’ll ask again, for what reason do I offend you?”

Arms still crossed over his chest the vermin lord’s eyes seemed almost lidless from lack of blinking.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

M
    MissWinding

"The members of our family all bear crosses, some heavier than others.. But if you want my honesty, you shall have it.. Your curse stirs my beast... I know you are superior to me in many walks of this life, but your curse contradicts my instincts and it rattles my cage.. Not that I do not have the utmost respect for you and your titles.. But it's an awful habit.. I have been mistreated by kindred with titles and power for so long, that... Well, you most likely know the saying about the burnt child and fire."

Tatianas eyes go vacant, as if she remembers things far from pleasant. Her hands start shaking and she drops to her knees right in front of Gilroy.

"I will do everything in my power to rise above this ! I will not become a pawn ! I will take responsibility for my existence and claim my place amongst the Kindred of Sacramento!"

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

She couldn't really be this inexperienced? Her Blood's power and his instinctual reaction said otherwise but all her actions argued that she was younger than he'd thought. Or at least that her Sire had failed in their training. Some of it was understandable given what she'd said of New York but to not know how to look past the Curse of a cousin? That was something he would expect from other Kindred or a newly embraced Haunt. He had a sinking feeling that he might need to mentor Tatiana more than he just a stern talking to. Probably with a softer touch as well.

"Please, Miss Tatiana, there's no need to kneel. Have seat." He patted the bench next to him. Loath as he was to have the stench of honey any closer, he needed her to be comfortable. Though being seated next to the worm might not have been the best way to go about doing that.

"I normally don't pry too much into the past. So long as you don't have trouble following, I am content to let my family have some secrets. So, know that I only ask because I think it might help you to talk about but you are free not to answer if you'd prefer. What happened in New York?" The question was broad and open ended. It would be easy to assume he meant about her mistreatment by titled Kindred but he left it vague so that she could expound if she wanted.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

M
    MissWinding

Tatiana rose from the floor and sat down next to Gilroy, but with some distance between them. Her voice and speech pattern were those of a tormented soul.
    "New York is a terrible place for Haunts.. I don't imagine you sit on the throne here, but I can tell you have way more than we could ever hope to achieve.. Many Haunts in New York are tortured.. Both mentally and physically. They view us as the lowest ranking creatures of the night.. We are banished to the dirtiest of sewers, both status wise and literally.. The court laughed at us.. The mention of us is a subject of amusements to the high born.. The pure clans, as someone once called it.. Many Haunts take drastic measures to blend in, breaking court rules and regulations, to catch a glimpse of what acceptance means. How it feels to belong. Many shroud themselves to appear as other clans.. A sin against our family, but think of it.. Would you not do the same? If you were tormented from the second your heart stopped? "

Tatianas eyes reveal the memories being purely sad of nature and her hands continue to shake.

"My sire was tormented relentlessly.. And he ended up... They... It doesn't matter.. What's done is done.. I came here for the chance of a new life.. To, for once, feel like I belonged and wasn't tormented for the blood that runs through my veins.. So I might be a bit eager.. A bit inexperienced in the ways of a functioning and working house of Haunts..."

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

What part of his unbeating heart could go out to her did. However, there was a greater part that wondered how the family had come to such dire straits in New York. Why hadn’t the Priscus corrected or had a plan to correct the abuse being suffered? Those that could pass as other Clans could infiltrate. The sewers and subways of the city and offered plenty of opportunity to feed. How had they not built up a stronghold as Kenneth had? Perhaps they were as broken as Tatiana was. Theirs was the Clan of secret strength and hidden fear. Yet the pale woman that sat next to him yearned for ‘a glimpse’ of acceptance that she should already have had. The Clan should have done what they had always done. Closed ranks, circled the wagons, and protected their own. The fact that hadn’t… Kenneth found it troubling. By Tatiana’s own words, she had never even learned the skill to look past her family’s curse.

However, New York was far away. Too far to hope to lend the Nosferatu there support or to help heal the fractures that they seemed to prevent them from coalescing into a force to be reckoned with. Kenneth had to focus his efforts where they would do some good.

“Do you think I have not been tormented? That I haven’t seen how people look at me, Kine and Kindred alike?” That his Sire had resented his very existence and kept him under her thumb out of spite for nearly fifty years.

“You will never be free of your curse. You must learn to accept it. Use it. Let it become your asset. The stronger we are individually, the stronger we are as a whole. So when others laugh, or sneer, or torment you; you can smile inwardly and know you have the strength of the Clan in your Blood.”

“You will always have a place of belonging here. This isn’t like your previous home but even if that changed for some reason, you will always be a part of this family and we protect each other. We accept each. We see the curses and know to look past them as no one else can. If they come for one of us, we will stand together. If they destroy the Caldarium, we’ll flee into the Catacombs, regroup, and come back stronger. That is what it is to be Nosferatu.”

Coming from anyone else, it might have sounded inspirational. It was possible to tell that's what he was going for. But they way he cringed. How he could never seem to hold eye contact. The way he shrank into his seat without seeming to mean to. And most of all, the lack of power in his voice. He seemed more than ever, a worm; preaching from a high pedestal and about to fall.
    Mask of Tranquility

M
    MissWinding

Tatiana listened to every word, trying her hardest to look past Gilroys curse. And with effort, it worked. She heard his words for what they truly were - inspirational, supportive and she saw his compassion for his clan members.

"Thank you, my priscus. I hope I can become a helpful member of the family. I'll try my hardest.. You have given me a lot to think about and I have taken plenty of your time. Thank you."

Tatiana rises with a look of gratitude on her face and offers Gilroy her hand to shake, before she leaves.

It's a wrap ?

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

For Tatiana, it was like grasping a pallid leech's flesh. For Kenneth, he could almost feel scented oils seeping through her grip. He hoped it would wash off.

"Have a good night Miss Tatiana. Let me know if you need help in your endeavors."

End Scene
    Mask of Tranquility

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread