Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16 SS) By the drinks table

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Saeyer

As her thoughts began to turn toward what she might want to carve on a piece of wood for the fire, Ava looked up at Ramona. "I like that idea, but it's probably going to take me all evening to decide what I want to throw in the fire. And Coco's right, we can't hold onto you for long, can we? Off to do official business and queenly things." Gone were the days they could sit in a corner drinking while people tackled each other nearby.

Finally noticing that the blade Coco carried was wonderfully wrought, she gently reached out to lift part of the emerald green cloak. "That's an amazing rapier, Coco. Who made it?" The Nix leaned in a little to get a better look at the pommel, admiring the design. "I've been doing my exercises but, surprise surprise, I'm pretty sure I'm still slouching."

Ramona returns Hank's greeting with a nod, and watches as he excuses himself to make the announcement. His idea is an interesting one, reminding her of certain solstice ceremonies. Burn a scrap of paper with something written on it that you wish to lose for the coming year, or something that you wish to gain. His phrasing on the usefulness of Wrath is perhaps not quite how she'd put it, but it serves, and the Freehold seems to be willing to go along with it.

That business concluded, she can greet the Wasp that made her way over to both herself and Ava. "Is that your subtle way of saying I haven't been around enough lately?" She asks with a smirk as Coco remarks on the difficulties of claiming Ramona's attention. "Hey, I'm sorry. I've been a bit busy, and yeah, that's not gonna stop tonight," she glances at Ava, who had the right of it. "I should probably go accept fealty pledges in a couple minutes, but I wanted to say hi." The rapier the Nix had commented on had not escaped her notice either. Ramona regards it with admiration and a critical eye, waiting to hear what Coco might say about it.

Daisy Wen
    Daisy Wen

Daisy Wen

Wizened Artist
    Presence ●● (Vivacious)
    Striking Looks ●● (Delicate)
    Fame ● (Culture - Art World)
    Mantle (Spring) ● The scent of plum blossoms swirl around her, as their petals fall in her wake. Language - Mandarin.
    Mask

A slim and petite women, of seemingly fragile beauty. With hair as black as a raven wing, kept long, either loose around her shoulders, or pulled back into a bun. She has a fair complexion, with delicate features.
    Mien

This Porcelain fawn, Manikin is material, Beast in shape. Artist in reality. comprised a fine white china. Her hair, still long is glazed in jade. Dainty china antler-horns poke out from her hair. Unguligrades legs she crafted for herself, now support dainty deer hoofed feet. Her eyes are large, pupiless, and the entirety of the eye black as pitch. She's lean, her limbs are long, her fingers spindly, but carry a certainty and deftness when plying her craft.

"Coco!" the wasp's name slips from her lips as she darts over to where the Dancer had gathered with the Queen accented, and the Dread Queen of Season's next.

Whispering into the ball of hedge fluff's ear "Remember, her teeth are bigger then yours by far..." it was a warning. She'd known that her friend had his eye on the Nix, for only a 'nibble' he'd said. Daisy didn't trust that, and so when the Nix Queen was seen, Daisy had clipped a short leash to Sly's leather collar.

Daisy dropped the cat, trusting he'd follow that adage and land atop padded feet, the handle of his leash now warped around her wrist, as she curled her delicate arms around Coco, leaning in for perhaps a too long hug, but the fawn has missed the floral scent of her mantle. Without an ounce of shame, Daisy kept herself tucked under the wasp's arm if she'd let her, and turned a smile upon the Queens. "Hello."

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Oh no, I wouldn't dream of that, my Queen," Coco replied with a look of mock horror before she let it devolve into an impish grin. Perhaps it was dangerous to tease Royalty so, particularly when they didn't even see themselves as Royalty, but Coco felt emboldened by that smirk, and that fluttering, buoyant feeling she'd felt when she'd walked up to her friends was making her a mite more careless than she'd been in some time.

More careless, but not entirely careless.

"No," she added a moment later, "I don't mean to blame you, Ramona. I've just missed seeing you, is all. And I haven't exactly been picking up the phone, either, so I suppose..."

The Wasp trailed off, however, when she heard her name called out by a voice she'd thought she wouldn't hear again. The smile on her face flickering, becoming uncertain.

"Daisy," she muttered, feeling slim arms wrap around her, skin sliding smoothly against her own. For a moment, she simply stood there, being hugged, but then her right arm rose and she returned the embrace by half, looking almost queasy as she felt things suddenly shift, the center of gravity that had been holding her feet to the earth radically realigning.

"Um," she muttered a moment later, clearing her throat and forcing her features to recompose themselves, no matter what she might feel inside. "Daisy, hello," she began again. "I was just telling Ava and Ramona who made my sword: it was Marcus. I commissioned it at the same time as the shield I gave to Ramona as an apology.

"And...that's alright, Ava,"
    Coco added, her posture having turned ironically rigid, as if in counterpoint to the Nix's professed slouch. It might have even been a joke, if the Wasp didn't seem so stiff in general. "Practice is the key. You can't fix your faults without it, and sadly there's no telling how much practice a flaw might take to correct."

In a few moments, she would regret those words. At the time, however, they seemed so perfectly benign.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Alex Rivers

"Hi, everyone."

Alex also admires Coco's weapon. He knows little about swords, but it sure looks impressive.

"Speaking of practice..." He looks over from Coco to Ramona. "I'm already getting questions tonight about training and what we're doing about it. It might be a good idea, after the formalities are over, if we talk about a plan and a schedule for that. Although I'm not sure everyone is going to be patient enough for that. I've already been challenged once, so there's probably going to be some sparring before the night's over... if any of you are interested."

S
    Saeyer

It seemed rude to point out that only two people currently needed Ramona for their fealty pledges, as the Freehold's fluctuations left Summer at an ebb once more, so Ava simply nodded knowingly. "In a minute, sure, but it'd be a shame if you didn't enjoy your own event. Plus, Hank said something about the coronation happening shortly, should pledges wait until after that...?" She had no way of knowing what the dour Summer planned, but he seemed to be running things this evening.

Daisy slipping into their conversation, and around Coco's waist, brought a small smile to Ava's lips. But, a part of her might always see shades of Catherine when she looked at the fawn; hopefully things would go better this time around. "Hey, nice to see you. And you too, sir," was spoken down to the hedge-cat, a slightly amused tilt to her brow.

"I was wondering if that was Marcus' craftsmanship... I got to see some of his artwork once, it was wonderfully detailed." It was a fond memory, a brief meeting that involved nachos, beer, and hiring him to draw copies from a book. But the Metalflesh seemed to belong to the group of people who came and went cyclically, perhaps holding duties elsewhere.

Coco's mention of fixing her faults made her eyes narrow slightly, speculative. The words fit for fencing practice, but the list of her other flaws, fear of water and cannibalism-in-remission among them, seemed ill-suited for it. And what of Coco's flaws? Some adages were imperfect on a larger scale, but she would probably end up thinking about this one for some time. Was there something else she should be practicing? What, and how?

The Nix flashed Alex a smile at his greeting, but took his business with Ramona as a good excuse to start actually drinking her beer.

"Yeah, I'm not sure what that's about," she responds to Ava's query, head lifting to look towards the Sandharrowed. "I basically let Hank handle this thing. I wonder what he has in mind." Coronations had never really seemed to have a formal 'crowning' before. At least not in the time she'd been there. There had been events like it back in Portland, with a bit of ceremony, but things in Sacramento seemed more laid back. Maybe that was about to change? Maybe it should change. They'll just have to see.

She turns back to Alex, "Yeah, it's been on my mind, putting together a training session. Don't worry, we'll figure it out." Even though every Changeling is as different from each other as can be, with their own obligations and schedules and comfort levels. A bit like herding cats. That's the story with any management job though, right? At least, Ramona figures it must be. "If people want to throw down here and now though, sounds like fun," she grins.

The ogre-smith nods as Coco names the blade's craftsman, "That makes sense. Hi, Daisy," she adds in aside, for the newly arrived Spring.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Well," Coco said after what felt like several minutes of the silence yawning onward.

"I suppose a Summer coronation wouldn't be complete without some sort of martial display. Are you thinking of an exhibition, Alex? Or a sort of a challenge ladder? I mean, this is a coronation after all, not opening day at the gym. Sparring is best left for other, less auspicious nights."

Coco gently pulled away from Daisy as she said this, and then moved closer to Ramona and Ava.

"Also, I would have preferred to say this in private, but as I doubt I'll get the chance, I'll just ask you both: what do you think of Daniel? Should we invite him to our little celebration soon?"
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Alex Rivers

"We didn't have any kind of formal tournament planned for tonight."

At least Hank and the others hadn't told him about one... He looks over to where Daniel and the others were mingling.

"It sounded like they were going to make it up as they go along..."

S
    Saeyer

"If you all start wrestling I'll take bets," she offered helpfully, grinning at the Summer Queen. Ramona seemed more than happy to throw down with some of her courtiers, and probably any challengers, and it seemed a bit more her style to have a friendly brawl (that was a thing, right?) than any sort of exhibition.

Ava's eyebrows hitched as Coco stepped closer and she leaned in, almost conspiratorial despite the fact the wasp hadn't lowered her voice. At the mention of the Darkling, her eyes found him near the s'more station. He, along with Ramona and Coco, had the dubious distinction of being the ones she had willingly told about her prior people-eating habits. She could hardly refuse him an invitation to a party, even if she wanted to. And she didn't. "Daniel is a close friend, I would love to have him there. Are the two of you close?" It was hard to imagine Coco wanting him there if they weren't, but they seemed an unlikely duo; differing opinions on Morgan felt like a particular point of friction.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.