Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16 SS) Who Wants S'more?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sasha

Grabbing a poker, she went to stand next to Daniel. “Did we find the marshmallows?” The Fairest was excited about the toasty goodness soon to hit her mouth. “Who else wants some s’mores?!” Okay, maybe the Dancer was far too excited about this.

L'aire's voice was hushed when she leaned to the Gravewight. “By the way, Daniel.” She paused, her violets looked at him conspicuously. “What was all that at the Fairy bar the other night?” She paused a moment, looking around. "Unless you'd like to tell me later?"

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)

PRE

"Marshmallows, hot dogs," whatever you could want to cook or accidentally light on fire.

He gave a slightly confused look when La'ire asked about the Fairy bar, but it didn't last long as he searched his memory.

"Oh, that," he said a a half smile "misplaced wingmanship. Given the place's theme, I wasn't sure how much we could trust the bartender until I got a better read on him. If he turned out to be a Loyalist, knowing you were with someone would reduce the chances he'd target you. And even though he turned out alright from what I could tell, you could use it as an excuse to shut down unwanted flirting." Daniel placed the link of homogeneous pink flesh above some coals.

"But I'm guessing that didn't come across and that the flirting was not unwanted?" he finished with an understanding glance to the Winter Queen.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

3. Likes InvertedMonkey liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

As she makes her way closer to the Winters she snags a metal poker for the marshmallow, chocolate yummy that was just around the corner.

As she draws closer, the frozen fog that made up their mantles, and her sharper winds swirls together, and Mhairi feel's herself relaxing, despite the fire still across from them. "Fairy bar?" asks the elemental. "A-a bar for uh-Lost or uh-owned by one?" Mhairi's brow furrows. She thought she'd been to all the 'hold owned bars. Then she hears the word 'Loyalist' and figures that this place was still getting vetted, and if it was own by a 'ling, then they'd show up here tonight and swear in, it wasn't like the 'hold hid or anything like that.

The talk of wingmen and flirting draws her attention back to the Winter's next to her. The elemental felt a bit awkward, she didn't really know either Onyx enough to join in on teasing, and one of the two was the Winter Queen....So instead of piping up, she skewered a fluffy marshmallow and set it to burn. Heck even if she didn't get s'mores, toasted marshmallows was always good.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Sasha

“Marshmallows, of course. I’ll skip the hotdogs.” She made a face and wrinkled her nose.

“Ah, well, that makes sense.” But the Dancer’s brow furrowed slightly. “Daniel… not that I didn’t appreciate it, and I’m not the foremost authority on ‘wingman’ things…” She smiled and giggled slightly. “It kinda felt more like ‘jealous friend who wants something more and super protective’ than wingman.” Flipping a graceful hand up in the air. “Not that I don’t appreciate you trying to protect me, I completely understand with the Loyalist thing. But, it felt really… hmm, boyfriend, not boyfriend like?” She ended with a slight question. “I’m probably not making much sense, but I did appreciate you looking out for me.”

“And well, the flirting thing was okay. I had met Saul before that night. We met at Ava’s bookstore briefly.”

“Yes, Mhairi.” Wondering if her own Mantle would eventually start making steam, but doubtful. “It’s some new bar in town. It alerted a few of us to check it out. It’s harmless, at least as far as we can tell. He just named it that to be ‘hip’ or ‘eclectic’ I think.”

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

Daniel gave a sad smile. L’aire’s reaction wasn’t entirely unexpected. She always seemed to take things so seriously and in the wrong direction. It could be endearing but it just as often made things awkward. It had been something he’d hoped to avoid by backing of immediately when he saw her confusion at the lie in the Fairyland. Which apparently had failed. It would appear he’d have to explain after all.

“Super protective, yes. And I do care about you.” Before she could interpret that the wrong way, he held up a hand, as if to stop that train of thought.

“But not like that,” he said seriously, dark eyes meeting her violet gaze “You’re the Winter Queen. I’m prepared to lay down my life for yours. However, for the sake of clarity, that does not mean I want to be your boyfriend. And if I ever declare otherwise in public, it’s mostly likely to be a joke first, and a misdirection second.” Or both. He imagined they could have had some fun with Saul if she’d been quicker to catch on once the man’s motives were clear. Life was too short not to take the laughs where you could. Yet also too short to let misunderstandings like these darken thoughts.

“I’m sorry that you took it like you did. I was afraid you might when you gave me that look. It’s why I backed off.” And after he was more certain that Saul wouldn’t try to seduce the Fairest in order to take her back to Arcadia.

‘Serious’ talk over, Daniel smiled again. “So, Mhairi, what have you been up to?"
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Evelynn wandered over to the group on time to overhear the conversation about L'aire flirting with somebody called Saul. She plucked up a marshmallow and skewered it, then took up a place next to Mhairi while she began to toast her treat to gooey golden perfection.

"Hi guys!" She offered her greeting only once the conversation had veered back into regular small-talk. "How're you all doing?"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Clarification is had, though to Mhairi it's still a bit muddy. But meh, it should she supposes since she wasn't there. "Saul? I-er met a-er Saul a bit ago." Mhairi chirps, though she can feel her face heating up, remembering how she nearly deafened him.

"Me? Up to?" a furrowed brow is Daniel's answer. "This and-uh that I guess. Hanging out with uh-folks. Not-ah not much." she says, then her face brightens and a beaming smile graces her face. "I was-uh made Twilit Page when I-ah talked to-ah Queen-Ms Cam-Ava-when a talking conversation with uh-wordy words was had, I'm uh the new Twilit Page-which I said, but uh-yeah..." she said rotating her skewer, trying to get her marshmallow toasted evenly.

"Evelynn! Hi! Mhairi smiled as she used her free hand to wave at the wizened. "I'm-ah-I'm good. You?" then she looks at the other Winters, "And uh-you folks too. How is you too?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Sasha

L’aire softly chuckled and put a free hand on Daniel’s forearm. “Well, I should have guessed that was why, but I’m new to all of this. So I thank you for protecting me, I really appreciate. So no apology necessary, Daniel. In the future, I will take it as that and play along if necessary.”

She felt like the Winter Queen, and yet did not. For as much as L’aire liked Katrin, she didn’t want to come off as ‘untouchable’ or someone who couldn’t be called upon just for fun or light conversation. It was going to take some getting used to and she dreaded the day someone challenging came along that she would have to possibly judge. Hopefully it would never come other than the one thing that plagued the Freehold.

“Hey Evelynn, I’m doing well.” Her poker with the marshmallow was put over the fire. “Toasted marshmallow?” She didn’t mind sharing and toasting them for others, but she wondered how pitiful they’d turn out. “Although I haven’t done this in years.”

“If anyone else is good at doing this, by all means, take over.” L’aire laughed and turned the poker in her hand. “I won’t be offended.”

“Mhairi, how do you know Saul?” The Fairest curious if this was the same guy or maybe someone different.

Leaving Charles to his thoughts, Helen circles the fire to reach the s'mores crew. Familiar faces, all, which makes the aged Wizened happy. It's good to feel that sense of community. Polis is this and all that.

She arrives wearing a warm smile, her obsidian eyes reflecting the dancing flames of the bonfire. "Good evening everyone. And happy summer..."

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Status/Social

Rigid Mask
    Will/Health/Glamour

Promises and Vows

Horn and Bone

PRE

“Hey Evelynn,” Daniel the newest Winter. Marshmallows certainly seemed the food of the day. They certainly cooked faster.

“Twilight Page? Congrats. That’s what Morgan was right? I don’t think I ever asked her, what do you do in that job?” he asked Mhairi with an idle curiosity.

“What have I been doing? Recently been trying to get better prepared for my role as Ranger. Bought a lot of survival gear recently. Also a bunch of new computer equipment too, since, you know, can’t expect me to go completely deCaprio in Revenant.”

"Also saw the Revenant," he added with a slight grin.

L’aire’s touch caused goosebumps to rise on Daniel’s arm. She was still a beautiful woman. And cold. Her fingers felt like they’d just been holding a frigid glass of ice, despite sitting near the fire. He placed his own hand lightly on hers. Fog gently coiled around the Fairest's fingers for half a second before his hand dropped again and Daniel looked back to his hot dog as it started to hiss over the coils.

“Hey Helen. Pull up a piece of dirt plenty of fire for everyone,” the Gravewight welcomed his fellow black eyed Changeling.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.