THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

Konrad mulls over the suggestions as Luca offers them and folds his arms across his chest. He'd given it enough thought to consider several options at least.

"Serene, huh?" Konrad answers with a thoughtful pause. "I don't really need ideas. I just need the space and privacy, so any of those will do. Just take care of it. Let's have it somewhere out of the way. A ranchhouse or abandoned church, if you know of one. If you can't do it it then I'll figure something out. But I plan to have this meeting soon. So, do you think you can handle that?"

C
    CMS

"I'll get it done" Luca's reply was stern and fast, like a man used to taking orders, a soldiers precision in his words. His face did not flinch when Konrad assumed that he might not deliver. Mentally he made sure to call the Reverend and ask him about that little thing last week. He would have the keys to an out of the way church soon, and nothing would stop him. While talking, Luca looks straight at Konrads eye, seeking eyecontact as much as the Carthian wishes it, but not forcing it, should it seem uncomfortable for the savage.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Good. You send me the details as soon as you know so I can put the notice up. Or just put the notice up yourself. I check for them fairly often."

Konrad matches Lucas stare for a moment before his brow raises by a degree, wondering if his cousin is doing an impression of a certain Haunt. Konrad doesn't have anything to add for the moment and so waits to see what else Luca has to share.

C
    CMS

"Thank you, sir. I'll get it done." After that Luca smiles a coy smile, and then, with a voice much more soft and precise, he asks a question that seemed innocent, but concealed something a bit more sinister. "I just had the distinct pleasure of talking to the whip of our family. She seems nice. Are you getting along?" Bonanno was not planning on couping the title, but it never hurt to single out the weak links in a power structure - perhaps the Priscus was simply a puppet...

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad blinks, caught off guard by the phrasing of the question. He looks to where he'd last seen Ale after departing hers and the Prince's company. Perhaps Luca had been watching that ordeal. Konrad supposes he had been rather distant with her. But then he doesn't know if she were the saboteur. It doesn't seem likely, as it would have had her in the running for Priscus.

"She is that," the Priscus replies, looking back to Luca. "So long as you stay on that side of her."

And which side is Konrad on these nights? Guess he will find out at the meeting.

"Why do you ask?"

C
    CMS

"I simply asked because I saw her talking to His Majesty before you did" Luca said and made an effort to look like he did not have a clue about the intrigue of court. "And, given that she seemed to hold certain sway with his Majesty, I would like the opinion of my betters" He bended his head slightly towards Konrad, flattery would hopefully get him somewhere, after which he continued speaking, but in a softer and much more controlled voice "I simply wondered if it was a partnership or more like a ..." He paused for a minute, making a show of tasting his words, playing up the italian accent in his last few words - an explanation as to why he hesitated, as if he knew exactly what to say in italian, but the american version was impolite or simply offensive. "Marriage of convenience? I hope you will forgive me for asking, I am not aware of the history of our family in this domain." Bonanno gave a small chuckle, to hide the fact that he was, more or less, trying to sow discord.

First, remind him that she approached the Prince before him, and thereafter, remind him that not all whips are partners... I might be able to make him... uncomfortable. Luca thought to himself, knowing full well that to the outside observer, his questions were tailored to be perceived as a new Kindred in town, simply asking questions - just like he wanted them to be. Half of manipulation was flying under the radar to anyone passively listening.

For the last sting, he asked another question. "She didn't mention you when we first met, in fact we didn't have the chance to talk much. Do you know which Covenant holds her" as Luca talked, he put the slightest pressure on the last word: "Loyalty?".

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-28 11:33:48 Luca Bonanno rolls 11 to Make Konrad Paranoid about his Whip (Man(4)+Subt(3)+SL(1)) (10 Again, WillPower) 5, 1, 10, 2, 1, 4, 10, 6, 5, 8, 1, 6, 5 3 successes

C
    CMS

Forgot noting the willpower

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Contested 2suxx Fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-29 15:10:04 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to see through Luca's manipulations [WIT+Sub] (1s Subtract) 3, 9, 6, 1, 9, 9 2 successes

Konrad's expression grows dark as he considers Luca's words. The observation seems just as clear in his own mind the more he thinks on it. Or maybe it's just potent fuel for the Beast's rage. Could Alessandra be going over his head? Getting into bed with the Prince in order to bypass the Priscus altogether? It made sense. Maybe it is some initiation into the good graces of the First Estate, undermining the Carthian in power without damaging the Prince's reputation, or even call into question his influence.

Hell, maybe it was Ale's idea.

"She's Unbound, as far as I know," Konrad says through partially clenched teeth. "But she does seem to be on pretty good terms with the Prince." An admission of ignorance. It's not something that comes easy, for a guy who works around knowing what everyone in the Domain is after.

C
    CMS

Luca conceals his smile with great satisfaction. "Oh. I see. The unbound are a curious case indeed." He says, putting the matter to rest. He wanted to let it stew in Konrads mind for a short while, until he could find the time prod him further. "Unless there is anything else I can do for you tonight, My Priscus, I think I will retire for the night." Lucas arms are folded behind his back, keeping him straight, awaiting orders. He wanted to project to make Konrad aware that he, unlike Ale, was someone who knew how to take orders...

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Yeah, they are," agrees Konrad, still deep in thought. The Unbound don't have loyalty. And it is this characteristic that Konrad is all too familiar with. He'd only joined the Movement with the incentive of aiding the Invictus as a spy. And he had been willing to sell out members of his Clan when a similar opportunity presented itself. So why shouldn't an Unbound follow the same tactic?

But what bothers Konrad is what he's going to do about it. If the Prince hands over the Priscus chair to Ale then he'd be left with very few pieces on the board. Like a tightening noose around his neck, Konrad felt as though all his work over the years had amounted no nothing.

"Right. Good evening to you," says Konrad with a lazy wave to indicate having heard Luca.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread