(16 SS) Coronation Summer Solstice

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Lynn grinned. "Well then. We'll see what we can find." She watched as Morgan's piece of wood was hurled into the bonfire. "I think that it's going to be some form of . . . call it 'enhanced' music. Music in and of itself, that almost seems too easy. And anyways, if we put the effort into getting the hard stuff, doesn't mean we can't switch over to something easier when the time comes."

But where would find a spirit of music? Well, where ever music was, obviously. She'd have to check out some of the local music halls and see if she could find anything to talk to.

M
    Matrixchild

Stepping back away from his group, he looked around at all the changelings in attendance. He cleared his voice loudly and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, if I can have your attention one more time." He paused to give people a chance to look to him, which in a way was surreal for the Elemental, that he would find himself speaking so much in one night.

"Every season we change leadership and we change hands voluntarily as a sign that all Courts and the emotions they hold are important, at least for a time. I don't know how you and the Wyrd chose the leaders of your respective courts, but for those of the Summer we ask the question of who is worthy."

He took a few steps, walking slowly around the fire as he spoke, a striking image of a frozen sand man next to a roaring bonfire. "In the Summer Court we have a spear, forged by Ramona Bohannon herself for our former Summer King. This...Spear of the Summer represents Ramona's strength, passion, and commitment to Summer. When we met to choose the new Sovereign of the Summer Court the question she asked was 'who is worthy of the spear.' But see," he said, pausing dramatically and walking a little more, back towards Ramona, "the answer was clear. Ramona Bohannon," he added, gesturing towards Ramona, "was the only one truly worthy to weld that spear. The only one truly worthy of being Sovereign of Summer and our vote for her, was unanimous."

He paused one more time and offered a rare smile. "So it is my honor, and I'd like to ask everyone to help me, to welcome in Summer with Queen Bohannon," he announced with pride, clapping after he spoke, hoping others would follow his suit. He then added once any clapping concluded, "now, if anyone must renew their oath or make their first oath, now would be the time. Thank you." After having said it all, he stepped away from the fire and looked to Ramona to see if she would add anything or give him any sign of what she thought of his speech.

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green puts down his plate.

He may be thick skinned and generally oblivious to social cues but he recognises this one. He picks up the clap started by the Sandharrowed and takes a moment to cast his heavy gaze over the Hollow.

The Summer Queen takes a pull from her beer bottle as she waits by the raging bonfire. Quite close to where others might be preparing s'mores or other food, and certainly in the center of the action at the Coronation. If you want to make an oath, you'll be making it out where everyone can see and hear you, not off in some corner.

Stepping away, beer in hand, Ramona stands silently while she listens to Hank... introduce her. Sort of. And he brings up the spear. Even gives it a name. Sort of a silly name. She'd forged the spear in the first place because Summer is known as the Iron Spear. And while no form of iron she touched ever seemed to hold the power over fae myth and legend claimed of it, it was at the least symbolic. So calling it a spear of summer all over again was a little redundant. And the story... that'd been a real dramatic moment, hadn't it? But the way Hank tells it, she kinda sounds like a pretentious asshole. Whatever. She'd claimed the title. If anyone thought she'd done it wrong, they could suck eggs.

Applause is a little unexpected, but she smiles, and lifts her beer in salute to the court. Ceremonies are important, she reminds herself. Not just for morale. For the rites that anchor them to this world. For the sacrifices that hold back the other. For the strength they can draw from the powers around them and inside them. As a Sovereign, she's now a fixture in the metaphysical makeup of the Freehold. She's not quite sure how, but she's sure it's important, and it's good to acknowledge it. "Thanks for that, Hank. I've never thought that your pledges made to the Freehold should be too private, so I'll be taking oaths here by the fire."

Ramona will take oaths here.

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan wasn't beastial enough to not realize applause was appropriate for the new Queen of Wrath. Besides, she liked Ramona anyway and would've applauded without prompting. Thusly the Lady Scrivener placed her plate aside to free up both hands to clap for the newest queen of Sacramento: "Yay! R-r-r-ramona!"

7. Likes Cayce liked this post

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan gave her motley mate a relieved smile, "T-t-t-hank thee Lynn." As Lynn went on to explain the correct term, Morgan let out an "Oh," as she nodded along. She smiled and nodded her head rapidly, "Yada-ya-ya-yes, I c-c-can t-t-try to get those, uh, tripod-music-paper-rack thingies and the orchestra seats if-if ye want them. P-p-probably can find some or-or-rent them, heh-heh. Imma joyous for thine heh-help Lynn," she bowed to her friend, "I d-d-d-don't really get composed music. T-t-try but," she pointed at her head: "Ssstill a Beast brain e-e-even if try heh-hard."

After acknowledging Ramona's coronation, she turned back to Lynn, "Tis ssseeming like we don't get to hang-chat enough me thinks. B-b-but jobs both have and-and mine needs quantity effort do-lack-quality. Sorry if ye art sssseeking more fun, heh-heh, times togethers," because they were a motley. Even if new titles were causing new work, Morgan felt she should've made time for her best friend in town. Maybe it'd be better with someone else being the reigning sovereign. Wait a minute: " Uh...I ken ye art having power-authority tranfer from ye to Ramona. Do ye hath to do-do-do aught for passing on the crowd-crop-crude-grk, tiara?"

Alex Rivers

After grabbing a beer from the drinks table, Alex wanders over to the fire. He catches the end of Hank's announcement and joins in the applause.

Daniel Leto
    Daniel

Mask: He looks to be late teens or early twenties with blonde hair and blue eyes. He has a kind face and an understanding look. When talking with him he is always engaged, nodding and giving indications he’s listening to you. His smiles have a melancholy to them, though.
    Mein: His eyes and hair turn black beneath the mask. His skin becomes paler as if drained of color, giving him the slight appearance of a marble grave statue. Two stumps with tattered black feathers grow from his shoulder blades. They can be seen pressing at the back of his shirt. The odd feather pokes through holes. Most striking though, is that he is slightly transparent in an otherworldly way. His mantle manifests as wisps of fog and mist.
    Status/Social

Presence: 2
    Freehold Status: 3
    Winter Mantle: 3
    Wyrd: 4
    Hidden Life: 1
    Rigid Mask
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Will/Health/Glamour

Willpower Max: 5

Health Max: 7

Glamour Max: 9/13
    Promises and Vows

Vow (Winter Freehold Commendation):
    Task: Fealty, Medial Alliance (Freeholders)
    Boon: Vassalage (+1 Clarity deg), Adroitness (+1 Empathy)
    Sanction: Medial Curse
    Duration: Year and a Day

Horn and Bone

Vow (Sharpened Horn and Bone):
    Task: Dreaming, Endeavor (stop nightmares)
    Boon: Adroitness (Empathy, Occult)
    Sanctions: Poisoning of Boon (Adroitness)
    Duration: Year and a Day

PRE

Daniel approached the Summer Queen and nodded his head with casual respectfullness.

"So..." he asked "is there a Pledge I should recite for becoming a Ranger or should I just wing it?"

Daniel wasn't exactly a pledge smith himself. He knew the basics for the Freehold and had been pretty formal in his delivery of that. However, Ranger was pretty far removed from what he imagined of Winter, he was really sure how to phrase a promise of service in that regard. He'd have to improv if Ramona didn't give an outline.
    Darkling Gravewight | Winter Mantle ••• (Mist and Fog) | Glamour 9 / Willpower 4/5 (4 HotD) / Wyrd 4
    Rigid Mask / Hidden Life 1 / Winter Freehold Vow / Horn and Bone

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green grunts to excuse himself and heads resolutely to the drinks table...

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.