Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green moved slightly so he could join Hank's conversation, licking chunky fingers clean.

"Its a good start, yeah. The bonfire is different. Normally is just food, contests. Or a sermon... Yeah that was in Brother Lucas time: he just walked in off the street with that summer mantle all blazin' and claimed the Kingship right there. Then we got a lecture."

He forced himself to stop with a bite or two from his plate, chewing slowly. A ghost of a smile passed over his face as he recollected the contests of yesteryear.

"Yeah. Do you have anything else planned for this coronation?"

Seeing that Charles is somewhere far away as he stares into the flames, Helen makes her away around the fire, arriving here.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

"Beer pong or a sermon…." Lynn held out her hands like she was weighting each option. "I dunno, it's hard to choose one over the other." She grinned at her friend. "I never had the chance to meet Brother Lucas. It seems like he would have been a forceful personality."

"I have to admit, I like the symbolism of burning the thing that drives you. Very smooth."

M
    Matrixchild

He offered Morgan a nod of his head. He allowed his eyebrow to raise slightly at the mention of a lecture. "That sounds pretty unusual for a coronation. I'm not sure there's any more formal plans other than the actual announcement of crowning and the Queen handling the oaths. I know there was talk of planning a hunt, but that would be for some time after the coronation itself. More of a Summer event, not necessarily a Coronation event."

"And thank you," he said to Lynn. "I wanted to find some way to demonstrate the idea of both using anger to push us forward and yet not letting it bottle up inside and chain us down. Fire burning seemed like the right way to get that across."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan took the opportunity to snag and snarf down some snacks. She was just as quick as the animal she resembled. This didn't stop her from paying attention though. She grimaced a little at the mention of Brother Lucas. The dude had come out of nowhere to her and had been hard to contact too. The Lady Scrivener tilted her head when she looked at Lynn, eyebrow quirked in curiosity. "Uh..." then Lynn's grin clued her in. Morgan chuckled and shook her head, "T-t-tis true Lynn. Tis verily a conundrum: all inactive s-s-save one or all playing. Sssso heh-hard to choose." The amusement and sarcasm were quite obvious in her voice. As if anyone who didn't know Morgan would doubt she'd prefer to be active in some way.

And Lynn then brought up a concern she'd have about Brother Lucas, causing the Beast to nod her head in agreement. The Lady Scrivener couldn't help but to flinch at the mention of hunting. Bad memories. At least Hank had come up with a much more interactive activity then a sermon: "Yup-yup-yup. T-t-tis true wh-what ye say Hank. I f-f-find same with fear: lose to it and-and ye are consumed, b-b-but use it and ye heh-hath wings. Ssssame with anger, yeah? Kinda g-glad no hunting, heh-heh, no offense. Prefer events...events..."

Morgan seemed to get lost in though. She blinked. Her eyes bugged and she started to ramble: "Oh, ye-ye-yeah gotta p-p-post those flyers f-f-for ssssecond Sage Symposium," She sidled over to be beside Lynn. In a quieter voiced, standing on her toes, she spoke to her motley mate: "Uh, Lynn? T-t-twas heh-hoping to have s-some music research azzz part of it. If-if-if ye want t-that tis I'd appreciate it."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

"Uh. Yeah. Fire works," Green commented. "Like, its a good theme and it fits, yeah."

He chewed on a piece of pastry for a moment.

"Hunt? Now that sounds like fun. Hunting what? Like an olden style hunt for a hedge beast or something?" A reflective look passed feebly across his stony features.

L

He'd lingered, and delayed to see if Terri would be able to slip away from all the busy work that had cropped out at the Chapter House long enough to make it as well. Unfortunately the answer to that turned out to be a no. He supposed that resulted in him being late for no reason. But then, being late didn't really bother him. He didn't really entangle himself much in politics or worries of appearances these days, nor did he have to. The Elemental found that he liked it that way.

So he slipped in quietly, without drawing attention to himself. At least as much as one could with a mantle like his, it would invariably catch the eye of someone paying attention to such things. A brief moment was spent picking out who stood where, and his decision on where to go was made as soon as quickly as he had that all sorted out.

Rick heads here.

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Lynn glanced down at her friend and nodded. "Certainly, research would be no problem. Is there something in particular that you'd like me to look into?"

There was actually something she'd been meaning to look into on her own. As a Darkling, she could speak not only to ghosts, but to the spirits of things themselves. Perhaps she ought to look into finding a spirit of music?

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

As the conversation drifted towards research, Hank said, "I'm sorry, excuse me, I need to go do something for the coronation," he said as he offered them all a polite nod of his head and stepped away towards Ramona.

Hank heads here

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

It is good Morgan and Lynn had not tried for a telepathic link as part of their Motley pledge. The Queen of the Verdant Court would probably be thrilled to know her friend had a camera to photograph spirits and experience with them. The Lady Scrivener however would've freaked out in worry for her friend getting possessed/harmed by a spirit.

And Morgan beamed a smile at Lynn for her offer. She knew Lynn would like to help but didn't know if being Queen would have left her no time. "T-t-t-thank ye Lynn, Imma heh-happy to hear t-that. Um...type of research, eh-heh-heh," Morgan scratched the side of her head,"Musical? N-n-nay, poor-word choice, narrow-narrow," the Lady Scrivener was starting to ramble, which made her words kind of scramble: "Mag-ick-or-or-myth? Occular-occult? Spellsong? Heh-heh-hex-rrrrr-huh?" She blinked.

Morgan shook her head, her teeth clicking as she did so, "Sssssorry Lynn. Imma n-n-nay sure on proper t-t-term heh-here. Twas j-just r-recalled that FFffffffffff-fell foe of the Freehold, caugh-nay-nay-nay-say-name-near-Summer, tis afraid of something musical. So~o," she shrugged,"I g-g-got nothing on magical music phrase or ken. B-b-but twas heh-hoping ye'd ken more on that then I. I means," she fidgeted with her claws, which clicked upon the wood she'd yet to toss into the fire. She glared at the wood but kept going, "I absoulte assurity ye'd be best-best to ask for phrase-advise-help. B-b-but with, ye ken, Queen and all, I worry-worry ye'd nay hath time to take part-t-t in a b-b-big project."

As she squeaked out the last bit, the Beast stopped to breath again. "C-c-could even try Kirlian photo-mo-graph any m-m-magic music tricks ye ken. Um...or-or if ye wants m-m-mundane music talk-teach tis g-g-great too! Totally great, yes. I'd t-t-try to learn if ye did-did, heh-heh,"

After a pause, Morgan launched the plank away and into the fire. It lands with great accuracy.

6 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-13 10:09:22 Someone rolls 8 to do something insignificant (10 Again) 9, 8, 4, 2, 9, 10, 10, 2, 8, 1 6 successes

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 28

You do not have permission to view the list of names.