THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"So I had heard. Definitely unusual. Must be causing some headaches at the university - those people sounded way influential. Politics, eh?" He made a face as he toyed with the remains of his meal. "The book? Oh. No. Scholarship and that stuff is definitely not my thing. I haven't looked at it."

He cast a curious look across the table, hoping to draw Miach out about his Cabal.

Miach

PRE

Even though you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, Miach had little doubt believing Crowley when he denied having studied the Deathless. It sounded more like something Truce and perhaps Emrys would be interested in. Had he had some energy, he might have pressed on with that issue, but it genuinely seemed moot. During the latest Consilium, it had looked like some people might be interested with TDS, but none seemed like the scholarly type to delve into that book as it deserved, either. The Curator would have suggested they worked with the Mysterium to get some real work done, but right now, it didn't seem like a so good idea. At all.

"Well, if it's not you, so long as someone competent is, it's alright. And you've got just the guy with you, right ? So it should be fine." he tried to sound hopeful again, though he wondered whether his Apprenticeship would distract Truce from working on it. It could be detrimental to them all in more than one way, especially with Faust gone.

"Even with Faust gone..." he whispered, wishing he could bring good luck to the Consilium as a whole, and cursing his weakness.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Faust? The... academic guy, right? Ouch! That. That must be a real bummer for you."

Crowley stopped himself just in time. The look he threw across the table was genuine; Crowley had seen his fair share of cabal mates disappear with time and he still felt their individual absences keenly.

"Sounds like your team is going through a rough patch. Um... Now is the time for team building exercises. You know, summer and all that? Take yourselves off into the countryside for a retreat..."

He tried to sound interested. He tried to sound genuine in his suggestion. Yet so much of what he said was simply words to fill the space.

Miach

PRE

Miach didn't even have the strength of denegation. Yes, Faust's departure had been a bummer, in more ways than one. The tall man merely shrugged.

It was only when Crowley went on about teambuilding that he seemed to regain some sort of energy at last. "True, true. You know, I've been thinking about some spelunking...

And your team ?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Spelunking, huh? I used to a bit of the old urban exploration in my time. You know, sneaking into old buildings and stuff. There are some truly inspirational places hidden away..."

Crowley recovered a spark of his own energy.

"Quiet. We share space. Back each other when we can. Other than that we live very separate lives. But even in that... there is balance, you know, beauty. When we work its like the planets aligning. Or something like that."

How quickly they had banded together when Leeba Bachman had come calling; when Einstein's Rabbit dragged them to the university; when they had cleaned up the corpse on their doorstep...

The recollection of these events gave the Enchanter a glimmer of hope and it showed in his eyes, if not in his face.

Miach

PRE

Urban exploration ? sounded like it might be fun, and mesh well with some Parkour. "Sounds like fun. What about we do some of that urban exploration someday ?" he asked. When things have settled down back to normal... he didn't add, though.

The way Crowley described his Cabal made Miach envious. He was in his third Cabal since he had come to Sacramento, and none had worked out, admittedly. The Medstars went down one by one, and Fateful Watch barely lasted. Steel Phoenix had potential - he still had his silver pin in his pocket - but it lacked actual bonds. With some luck, it might change eventually...

"You are lucky. I wish..." he acknowledged over his empty glass, but he didn't finish his sentence.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley leaned back thoughtfully. He drained the last drop of his drink.

"Perhaps. Yeah. Someday..." The Enchanter replied carefully.

His eyes slide from Miach's face and ran over the table with its empty glasses and plates. "Anyway... I think we're probably finished here, right?"

I think its time to draw this scene to a close

Miach

PRE

Someday... it seemed like that particular someday would be long in the coming, but the Acanthii knew Fate and Time, and how things were not set. Miach certainly hoped so, at least.

His glass was as empty as Crowley though, and that seemed like a a sign, at this point. "Yeah, we're done, I reckon too..." not that a couple more drinks would hurt, but the mystagogue still had his rum home, if he still felt like it then.

With a couple more words exchanged, the Enchanters then quickly parted ways, each with his path to tread, his future to write.

Indeed. Thanks for the Scene, it was great !

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread