Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Spiders) A Conflict in the Conservatory

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Ma'am."

Crowley smiles and inclines his head. He hangs back and lets Truce lead the conversation, hoping not to spoke the old woman.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Oh that's terrible. And you are such good friends to try to help. Come on in, maybe I have some string somewhere to help you fish it out. Can I get you anything? Coffee, Tea? I get so few visitors.." Her voice drifts off, starting cheerful, and ending in a low, mournful tone. "I don't remember seeing anyone like that though. What's your neighbor's name?" She opens the door wide, and points you both towards the kitchen, where a few chairs are placed.
    There is a quiet susurration that is just on the edges of your hearing.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

The lady is rather trusting. But so is Truce, who perhaps disclosed too much information already. It would be very strange indeed when the body of Alvarez is discovered dead in his home and it comes to light that two neighbors are searching for the man's phone.

Rather than reveal the name, Truce changes the subject. "I can't imagine why you wouldn't, with such kind hospitality," Truce says cheerfully. "But no thank you on the tea and coffee. The string, perhaps, we can try to use. I just hope we have the right drain."

He heads inside her home and heads inside where he takes a seat in the kitchen. "I saw you had a sign outside. Do you get a lot of solicitors that come around this area?" The small talk is automatic with a practiced patience that he uses on the patients that he's worked with in rehabilitation services. If she hasn't seen Alvarez, then there's probably little to gain from speaking with her. But if she could help them retrieve the phone with mundane methods then all the better.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Oh, only a few solictors. But its a lonely time right now. All the neighborhood children are away at camp, and things haven't been the same since Herb died." She looks off in the distance, seemingly lost in thought, before pouring you a cup of tea. "I'll see what I have in these drawers. Let's see, its not in this drawer" She says, as she starts digging through a drawer, the loud sound of metal bouncing against each other, what sounds like a measuring cup grinding against a cheese grater banging into a potato peeler.

Crowley's unseen senses go off.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Oh. Great."

Crowley said quietly, smiling and trying to attract Truce's attention. Quickly, he drew down the Supernal, opening his vision to the warm glow of mana and magic. For some reason, the fact he could pull so easily on the Arcana of a different watchtower did not phase him. In fact, it did not enter his mind. The act was perfectly natural.

Date Action Roll Result
    2016-07-22 04:13:12 Crowley to cast Supernal Vision rolls 6 to GNO + Prime (10 Again) 10, 1, 3, 10, 5, 6, 6, 2 2 successes

Supernal Vision is a ● spell. Covert spell, no Paradox as per new house rules. Crowley does not use High Speech.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

()Mana 0 Spent
    PRE

Spellcasting expenditures noted. Prime is Ruling Arcana, hence no mana cost for Supernal Vision

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

Despite Truce's declining the offered drink, it's poured anyways in front of him. He lets it sit there, appreciating the aroma.

"It's always a pleasure to see today's youth at play. I expect they shall return with many stories to share from their time away. How long has it been since your husband passed away?" he asks, out of concern for the deceased. It is unlikely a specter would be left behind, especially if his passing was from old age, but the Necromancer's curiosity is peaked nonetheless.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Oh, he passed a few months ago." She seems to be recovering well, only a bit of sadness traces across her features, "You would have liked him. He was always helping other people." She opens another drawer.
    "Damnit! Where is it?" She shouts, slamming a drawer. After a breath, her anger fades "I'm sorry, I'm getting forgetful in my old age. I think its up in the attic. Its up this way." She sighs, and slowly walks deeper into the house, towards a staircase.

Crowley looks about, and he finds the resonance here deeply muted, this house seems more cut off somehow. The walls seem thicker, the ceiling heavier, the floor almost bulging, like the room is compressing him in. At the moment, he does not see anything that could have caused his senses to flare.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Do you need some help?" Crowley asked carefully. He rose uncertainly, his face forming a frown that only Truce could see.

Attic. For some reason the word sounded heavy, leaden and rank with the promise of doom. The attic at the Alvarez place had been sealed with monstrous webs. And, as far as the Enchanter Obrimos knew, the trail left by Alvarez missing phone had led here.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

"Would you? Some things are pretty high up." She sighed, and her face got sad. "My husband was so tall. In our wedding he had to bend his knees to kiss me."

Page 5 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread