(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Then Gilroy's gone, maybe the news of the next Court being held in their Kingdom, threw the worm's world into a spiral.

...Or maybe it was her continued words with the Acolyte.

Alice's unreal eyes followed Gilroy's twitching form as he left, pondering how she'd have to balance him as her Priscus and Regent, and not her Bishop.

When David's calm voice sounds Alice's thoughts and attention is drawn once more back to the conversation.

"I haven't seen her either. It's a shame. She's so nice and welcoming. We shared some lemonade in her office, but that was a while ago, I think that was the-no. I think I saw her at the last court I attend, but I haven't seen her since." Alice frowned. She liked Martha, and they still haven't had the chance to show off their parkour move liked they'd sort of planned.

Listening to David's description of the Winter Solstice that Martha participated in, brought a wide-fake smile to her lips. "That's understandable right? Since winter is still a long ways off?" she asked when David said that this year's theme was still in flux.

Then a dark smile ignites upon his features, startling, upon a face that exuded that calm, serenity. Then like moving storm clouds it's gone.

"Thanks." She said as she finished typing her number in the To Line. "I'll be sure to have many thoughts then." she said, as she looked over the tittles. Though seeing the differences of the two she, already was leaning towards Ganesha. She hadn't ever really needed vengeance, even when Henry killed Jack, she hadn't been that attached to Jack, other then that he sired her, but three months together did not a vengeance seeking bound make.

"Should I look into any other deities? Or even find one that...speaks to me?" Alice asks, looking back up at David.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Usually the theme of the year is made clear before the fall solstice, though sometimes it can happen earlier. Those are rarely conventional years, and often portend great strife." And that was assuming it wasn't one of the 11. David didn't let his smile falter as he recalled Paresh's sad voice describing the last Year of Devastation in the city. Half of the circle, gone in a matter of days.
    "Lamentable. Well, thank you for keeping an eye open for me." David says of the news of the former Herald. After that rather eventful court, he only hoped that nothing untoward had happened. While they may not have been friends, David would say he did enjoy Martha's company.

"Of course, to find a way to worship the crone that ties to you directly is the best. That provides you the closeness with th goddess that no amount of advice or sermon can approach. I would be very interested to know what you find, and how you feel it relatest to you and to the Circle." After all, self improvement and self reflection were both important aspects of both the Crone and the Dragon. But the major difference lay in the Why. A dragon seeked refinement of the self. To make themselves an impenetrable fortress, alone. A crone sought a place in the greater whole. A unbreakable link of chains that tied one crone to the next, and from one god to another, all to bind to the Goddess.
    "I recommend both of those to start, as they are common points of view for those entering the Crone." Ganesha for those leaning to the dragons, and Vidar for those leaning more towards those lost in personal temporal power. But for for those like this little faking doll, there was almost no wrong choice.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Usually the theme is made clear..." Alice repeats, "What? Like divination?" she asks, a mockery of curiosity lining her features. The only familiarity with divination Alice had was from story books, and she was sure it wasn't Trelawney's kind that he was talking about. "So it's good that there's not a theme yet. Right?"

"No problem." Alice gives a jerky nod. "I just wish I knew what happened to her."

"Okay then." another jerky nod is given, "I'll do my homework then, on Vidar and Ganesha, and maybe just spend a few nights glued to a screen so I could maybe find something..." Alice's hollow voice trails off.

"Is there any other advice you want to share? Or do you want to find a new topic or...maybe a different conversation partner?" Alice asks, her false features giving no clue as to which option offered she'd rather have happen, and which she would not.

5. Likes DrDog liked this post
    David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David's smile falters for a moment at her questioning tone. "Divination is one of the methods, yes." He says, in a tone that is matter of fact and to the point, and she can almost hear the So What? at the end of his sentence.

"You ask a far harder question than you intend, but I shall provide you as best an answer I can." David's smile returns, and his voice starts modulating in the way only a good sermon giver can give, relaxing and yet engaging. "What is good? From a biblical perspective, it was very easy, that which was good was heavenly and godly, and everything else was evil.
    But good means different things to different people. A terrible plague that forces an army to stop its siege is good to the city inhabitants, but is certainly not good for the soldiers. A child being given a sweet to forestall a tantrum thinks that it is good, but in the long term, is such a thing good? To society or the child?
    So to answer your question, it is not a good thing that we do not know the year to come. But nor is it a bad thing. So I will pose to you a question. Why do you think that is? Why is great strife not necessarily bad?"
    David ends with a question for her.

An easy problem, especially with the pieces placed in her hands by his prelude, but lets see how she solves it.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Cool." She breathed. That fact that divination was real, and used was awesome.

Her question had been more a throw away comment then an actual question, but the kindred across from her took it as a question truly asked, and offered her his own question in return. She could just tell that most of her conversations with both Acolytes would continue down this vein. Which was good. It made her think.

"Because...it changes things." She answers slowly. "Kindred are...it's easy for us to fall into a rut. Night after night. Year after year. So if we're faced with obstetrics or strife, or something that isn't what we've grown used to it allows us to change, and grow. it allows the words around us to change too. For better or worse."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David is silent as he ponders her words. To allow the world to change around them was an unusual perspective. It showed a different attitude than the usual vampire. To act upon the world, and change it to your will. That was the invictus and the carthians to a tee. But to allow the world to act around you, and to be changed. She still had some way to go then, but at least she was not starting in a hole.
    The silence becomes a bit uncomfortable.
    Perhaps the flower? It was the right season to attempt that. Perhaps at the solstice he would instruct her on the ritual. That would be a good start to help her. She had the pieces, and the vague outline, but the interior was always the hardest part of the puzzle. Especially when the puzzle was as complicated as Existance. Yes, the flower rite would be a good start.
    The silence is definetly uncomfortable, and then David speaks.
    "I see. You have a good grasp of it. We do not readily seek out change. The tales of wandering kindred are sparse and rare for a reason. Fear often limits us." Fear. Hmmm, that is something to consider, he will have to see where Saturn is. "But it is more than just us being acted on by the world, and accepting the change that occurs. Something for you to consider in the nights ahead: are we a part of this world, or actors upon its stage?
    And with that I will leave you Miss Hart. I have enjoyed this conversation, and hope you have as well."
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice bites her lip, afraid that she'd that she'd fucked up big time.

Alice fought the urge to fidget under David's stare. Shouldn't she not have to feel like this anymore she was dead. Dead people didn't need to fidget, until they apparently did.

If there were a clock in the room, Alice would bet that she would hear it ticktickticking away. She'd given in her urge to fidget with the tight strap of her sleeve cuff.

Then David speaks, and Alice nearly breaths a sigh of relief. She wasn't going to be berated and/or ridiculed...yay. The doll takes in David's words, trying to puzzle them out, thinking that this was another test, but the sound of David farewell brought her out of those thoughts. Apparently he was giving her more time to ponder his words. "Yes, ah-good evening Mister Silver. I've enjoyed our conversation too." even with the way he'd set her thoughts in a spiral.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread