Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Cell Late Fees

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    M
    Matrixchild

South Sacramento. A label like that almost implies uniformity through the south, when in fact there's just as much diversity in the southern half as there is in the northern half. Bars, warehouses, fine stores, and even homes fill the area. The list goes on and on when it comes to the city's make up. But the location that triggered in Avis' mind didn't lead them to any of the special and unique parts of the south side, but in fact to a row of non-descript buildings in a shopping center.

When a city expands and grows they build shopping centers that fill with all types of businesses. A chance for business to boom and jobs to be created says the local politician. Sometimes though, these shopping centers fail for one reason or another and fall into disrepair and abandonment. Who knows what happens to them once they're abandoned, and these buildings appeared to have long been empty and ransacked, despite the signs that say 'Available for Lease' and hope for a rebirth of business. The windows in front all appeared heavily tinted, to the point they looked more like mirrors than windows. Not exactly a normal business set up.

All Avis knows for the moment is that her internal GPS is pointing steadily and unwavering to the middle former business with a faded Blockbuster sign above it.

You can roll Wits+Invest to try and find out more about the location, or any other rolls you think are appropriate.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It's there," Avis said, pointing to the stain left in the shape of a Blockbuster sign. "Maybe circle around to the back. I'm sure we're gonna have to break in."

And do far more than that.

Avis' hand stole down to the belt around her waist, the one that held the same space as her quiver strap, along with that self same quiver and the arrows it held. In her pocket was her phone, the item that held the shape which could encompass her bow.

She was sure she'd have to put them both to use before the days end, and so Avis also reached out to the Supernal, wrapping a Shield of spatial anomalies about herself.

3 successes, Pot 3 Untouchable (Space Shield)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-12 07:07:49 Avis rolls 8 to Untouchable! (gnos3+space5) (10 Again) 5, 4, 8, 2, 6, 8, 9, 3 3 successes
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Hang on."

The words were soft, almost a whisper. Why? Dunno. In the old van, they'd have been lost in the rattle of plastic and growling of metal, and it was almost a surprise to actually hear them. Slowing, the Angel took in the address and scribed them within the House of Cards.

"The perps could be squatting, but maybe they own or lease these, too. If the LA Fits are buried in red tape, maybe these aren't, or we can cross reference them."
    Thoughts were made words, explaining. It's not Just Carly. And the sad truth is, most crimes are unwound by taking Fact Puzzle Pieces and making a Perpetrator Picture. Usually over lots and lots of coffee. "I'm gonna swing around, check the parking lot?"

Ugh. Tinted windows.

The white van sailed in a lazy arc and headed toward the back.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Carly didn't appear to be in any imminent danger..." comments Truce, trailing off as he weighs the urgency of their approach. But the traumas of being held against one's will could be considered just as harmful. Every moment they lingered would be a moment suffered in her mind.

"Should we assume anything about those responsible? I've yet to feel any evidence of workings. If we are dealing with the living dead, they may well be holed up inside."
    His gaze is set on the windows to observe their surroundings as the van makes its way around the building, taking only a moment to check the time on his smartphone.

Time of day?

M
    Matrixchild

Just as a playing card has a front and a back, so too does a building, and as Star is well aware, both sides can provide illuminating information. As the van drives around to the back two things become very clear, very quickly. All of the doors to the back of the failed businesses are metal with simple locks, as one would normally suspect, yet one, the one directly behind the magical GPS, has multiple deadbolts. Something more must be hidden inside.

The other thing that is clear to all in the van is that they are not the only van in town. Parked at the back, with the rear doors facing the rear entrance of the building is a tan, panel sided van just like in the picture.

Since you guys left right away, I am visualizing this as the middle of the day, around 2 pm

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Look, when the mercenaries stole our stuff, we didnt wait to try and cross reference their credit cards, now, did we?" Avis challeneged in reply.

"We're not fucking cops, or lawyers, or whatever. We have no PI licenses. We're vigilantes, far as I can tell, so who needs cross referencing? All the evidence we need is behind that door. I mean, unless another teleporting assassin shows up we can always get the information we need from the perps directly."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Unless there aren't any?"

People inside, yo. Not survivors. Totally not Bad Guy Survivors. Or they might not know anything. There's a bunch of different reasons, but the secret to communication? Try to find the language everyone understands. Also? Truce could probably check off that Question about whether Avis ever yelled at him, too. Nothin' but Blue for ya.

"Anyone see any cameras?
    Truce, you ever been, uh, in a fight?" Just in case anyone was wondering about a Sense of Urgency. "I figure, you handle the locks and Carly, we'll handle any, uh, anyone who objects. Also, like, disable their van."

Was it weird that an Angel knew just what Materiamancy and Necromancy were best at?

"Avis, ummm, get the duct tape and, uh, my, uh, gun out of my backpack?"

Sure, they could Magic! their license plates, but duct tape is magical too, yo.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

PRE

"Not really," admits Truce with a hint of embarrassment. "I couldn't manage much more than holding my own against the Banishers when our Cabal encountered them at the campus. I do have this though." Truce takes his ranged stun-gun out of his pocket.

"And what offenses the Death Arcanum avails me. But I, umm, I'm not quite as skilled with locks as perhaps you might expect. I may still be able to remove them..." he trails off, realizing what Star expects of him, which is probably not disintegrating the locks.

M
    Matrixchild

There are no cameras on the back side of the complex or near the rear door

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Why don't you handle the van," Avis said, nodding to Star, "I'll handle the locks, and then we can all head instead to see who'll be there to object?"

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.