Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1606) David, Vivian & Others

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

When the Priscus of Shadows mentions moving to the nearby seats, Whitney really wanted to sit down. It was growing increasingly crowded and the press of Beasts was making her stomach tighten uncontrollably. More than that, the Savage was staring at Vivian as the Daeva joined them and catching herself doing so, the blonde tore her eyes away before immediately looking back.

"Hi, er, I mean, hello, Vivian," Whitney stumbled, getting a grip quickly. "I'm sorry, its just....you're stunning," she chuckled, apologetically, smiling nervously, getting a grip of herself. Whitney had always known that she wasn't the prettiest girl in any room she walked into but it seems there were many in Sacramento, just like back home in NY, who were drop dead gorgeous.

As Priscus Regan was talking to Luca ( CMS ), Whitney took advantage to slowly, carefully move to the side as David had indicated, looking to see if there were any spare seats. Naturally, she'd wait to see if anyone else would join her and so she struck up a conversation with Vivian as she waited, making small talk as best the Gangrel could, her fingers playing with the hem of her skirt.

"Have you been in Sacramento long, Vivian?"

C
    CMS

Luca tries to catch Konrads eye, before he settles in with the rest of the group. I got a place! he shouted internally but did nothing to catch his attention apart from nodding and smiling if he caught his eyes, should he catch the attention of the Priscus. "Sure, let's" he commented and flowed with the group, doing and saying very little, but simply making being present in the room, his attention now gone from Vivian, flowing towards the Grand Wyrm or his clan fellows. When David mentions his arrival in the city he agrees "The Priscus is correct. I have only been awake for around a month now, which has mostly been spent reestablishing a small place to stay, getting the right channels up again and the all the necessary things before the fun begins." Bonanno shrugs and tries to conceal the viceral glee in his eyes at the thought of politics. The hunt begings He thought to himself.

When the question about Vivian fell from Whitneys lips, he quickly shut up as to not interrupt.

M
    Matrixchild

As Joseph slide with the group, following David, he smiled at the shadow and pulled out a card. "Well as George Santayana once said Priscus Regan, 'those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'," he said with a smile as he handed the man his card. On the card the words 'Joseph Greenberg, Attorney at Law' sat in embossed golden letters, along with a phone number to reach him at.

As Vivian approached he said with a smile, "Vivian. Wonderful to see you again. I absolutely must agree with Ms. Cole. You look radiate as always." He enjoyed that Vivian wasn't just beautiful on the outside, but was fascinating on the inside as well.

After his introductions he turned slightly to listen to Luca as he explained his awakening and recent activities.

V
    Vivian York

“Charmed I’m sure, Luca.” She grinned in a friendly manner, then moved along with the rest of them, stopping suddenly when Whitney complimented her. “Thank you kindly Whitney, and lovely to meet you. No need to be nervous, well, as far as I can tell so far.” She winked playfully. When new people arrived in the Domain, it was hard to predict how long they would either stay, or quickly become dust. “And thank you as well Mr. Greenberg. I will never turn down a good compliment.” Vivian quickly turned to look at the rest of the Nox, wondering if something may happen, but just as she turned back, the Haunt’s presence was the one that threw her. Soon, she hoped that would trigger in her mind, then again, a little bit of paranoia was never an issue.

“I have been here hmm, at least two years? I think?” Looking at David Regan a moment, time was difficult to keep up when you were pushing the age she was. “Long enough to see a few interesting functions in the Domain.”

“Where do either of you hail from?” Looking to Whitney and Luca. “I trust both of you have or will be speaking to your respective Priscii?” Vivian may not have had a place in the Royal Court of the Domain, yet, even though she was the Daeva's whip, she'd at least make sure everyone dutifully went about proper protocol.

C
    Casitive

Fingers turn over Greenberg 's business card, taking it all in from the subtle off-white coloring, to the tasteful thickness of it. Even the watermark speaks to the man's expectation of quality. Finally, the business-card is secreted away into the pockets of David's slate-gray blazer. “Thank you, Mr. Greenberg. I'll let you know when I'm available. And, you are very right.

Looking at Vivian at about the same time she looks at him, David agrees, “Yes, about two Summers. I've been here nearing three Autumns.” Which makes the Shadow a veritable Old Man among the largely transient population of Sacramento. But, perhaps, that is going to change.

Settling on the chair, David draws his ankle to his knee but he perches on the chair as though afraid of taking up space. “I think I hear New York in your voice?” The Shadow asks Whitney Cole , returning dull-brown eyes back upon the bubbly young woman.

Just as Whitney was about to answer Vivian's first question, the blonde turned her head towards David, who had picked out her accent with practiced ease, it would seem. Offering a nod and a smile, the Savage replied, "Yeah, all the way from Manhattan to be more precise. Lower East Side girl, you know?"

As David had seated himself, Whitney felt it was right that she should follow suit, and sunk into an available seat but not directly next to the Grand Wyrm; that would just be plain weird. Focusing back on Vivian again, there was a look of pride in her eyes, like she was one step ahead of the game. "Oh, I've already met Priscus Roth when I first arrived in Sacramento. Had his number from my sire and thought it would be best to introduce myself before I settled down anywhere, you know? Last thing I wanted was to find myself in any immediate trouble by hunting in the wrong place." The girl may be both Gangrel and blonde, and therefore the many and colourful stereotypes that can be aimed at both, but what Whitney definitely wasn't was stupid or lacking any common sense. Oh, she certainly might be naive when it came to certain aspects of the Danse and that would no doubt bite her ass one night. Hopefully, that won't be tonight.

Sitting forward and lowering her voice, Whitney looked around the room before settling once again on the small group. "So, can I ask, is His Majesty in attendance tonight?" she said with obvious curiosity.

C
    CMS

Luca nodded in the direction of Asa Clarke, indicating to Whintey who he was. "Mhm. His Majesty graces us with his presence." Without indicating directly that this was the man, or pointing him out, he tried to make Whitney understand who he was talking about, with his nod and movements of his eyes. To insult the Prince by pointing would surely spell his doom.

When he was graced with Greenbergs attention, he asked "Mr. Greenberg, was I correct in spotting that you work with the law? Would you care to join me for whisky or wine some evening and discuss your services in further detail?" This was a bold move. Perhaps Greenbergs services were only for mortal clients, or perhaps only for clinets of certain clans or covenants - but if Luca was to establish his old network, he would need legal protection for his boys - come what may.

It was obvious to the gangrel that Vivians needs for attention was covered, so he simply gave two small nods, when she asked about talking to his Priscus - His focus on David, Greenberg and then, To make sure the youngling dosen't fuck up, Whitney, in that order, but since David was easy to miss and was focused on Whitney, it was perhaps not as obvious as Luca feared. "Philadelphia" He answered Vivian with a smile, hoping to show that he had not forgotten her, when a break in the flow of the conversation was present.

M
    Matrixchild

He offered Vivian a pleasant smile as she graciously accepted his compliment. Then he focused on David, watching as the man took in the card before slipping it into his pocket. "Good to hear," he said with a nod of his head. Hearing him mention three Autumns made Joseph realize that he should work on sticking close to Vivian and David. They clearly had been here long and lived to tell the tale. It was always good to seek out those who knew how to survive in the Kindred world.

"Ahh," Joseph said to Whitney's response. "I once spent some time in New York. Wonderful city. I hope to visit again someday."

Smiling to Luca he said, "Why yes, I do. Criminal Defense. And I would love to join you for a drink. I find the discussion of the law to be quite mentally stimulating." And in many ways financially stimulating. Normally it would be strange for Kindred to want to share a drink, but Joseph enjoyed the finer things in life, and sometimes that meant enjoying something that was more a memory of his former self than a biological one.

C
    CMS

An opportunistic smile curled across the Italian vampires lips. "Wonderful. May I also have a card? Then I'll set something up." Luca's mind immediately started racing. What should he cook? It wasn't a matter of taste, but a show of power and force. How rare ingredients could he procure, how delicate a meal could he whip up, and most importantly - how much could he unnerve the nosferatu by flaunting his disregard for the curse. Perhaps it would be better to take him out to a restaurant, some little corner café where they could speak undisturbed? Luca's mind returned to the conversation at hand.

If Greenberg offered him a card, he placed it in his breast pocket. You see, Gilroy? I too, can play the game... he thought to himself, card or no card, smiling the smile of a man who had just made a valuable connection.

V
    Vivian York

New York would have been the place where Vivian loved to drop her heels at, but, due to events in Toronto it was far too close. “You must have taken in a few Broadway shows while you were there Whitney?” Even if she wasn’t a Daeva, it didn’t mean she couldn’t appreciate a show. It was such a relief to hear she’d already went through the protocols.

Vivian went on to elaborate who the Prince actually was, while trying not to up-stand Luca. “Why yes, Luca is correct, his Grace is present tonight. Right over there, the tall, dark and handsome gentleman speaking with Alessandra currently.” She waved her hand in Asa ’s direction without actually rudely pointing to him and drawing his attention.

Vivian’s eyes lit up when the Lord declared where his prior location. “I’ve been through there. Oh, I enjoyed that city and the rest of the state immensely.” Which may have came as a surprise, but it was where she found the Blue Beauty she drove.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread