Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Tales from Beyond the Refrigerator Door

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Our heroes find the trippy, Glamourous visual display replaced by a thick blanket of grey fog that rolls lazily over the tangled the tangled thicket of Thorns on this side of the Hedge, as if it were out for a late stroll. The night is dark, barely illuminated by an invisible moon in a dark, smooth, silky canopy overhead. Ahead, the path through the murk is unclear. Behind them-

Yip yip!

-is Rex, standing in front of the door home, looking up, tail wagging, eager to assist in the search for his new master, Edward the janitor, whose gift from the Birthday Fairy led the poor, childlike man into this godforsaken pocket of reality.

L

Rick found himself caught slightly by surprise. He hadn't expected the dog to follow them. Though he supposed it's nose might well prove useful here. "Terri, do you think you can get Rex to track Edward?"

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri looks at Rick. Actually, its more of a glare.

"You do realise he's a puppy?"

Actually, she was being unfair. The more she thought of it, the more reasonable a plan it was. Rex had followed them in to look for Edward.

Crouching to the puppy Dachshund, she is all smiles and strokes his head moving the hand round to tickle behind his ears, looking into his eyes. Her voice as gentle as she could make it, she tries her best to instruct Rex into following his master.

"Hey little guy, think you could help us find Edward? He needs our help and will give you big hugs once we find him." At that moment, she wished she brought some treats.

Bloodhound of spoiling carpets
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

As Joshua entered the Hedge he was shaking heavily - on the one hand the sensation of entering the Hedge was a completely new one for him, but on the other hand he remembered enough from his escape to be scared by the place he was now.

He simply stood near Terri as she talked to the puppy, hoping that plan would work. The bad sight and the overall creepiness made him think of the strangest things, filling his heads with gruesome images and thoughts. Getting lost. Attacked. Found.
    Joshua shuddered and tried to forget those kind of things; Terri and Rick didn't seem afraid either, so he should try his best not to be a burden..which was easier said than done, but he did his best. C'mon dog, lead us already.. but don't lead us too far away..

Yip yip! Rex's little tail wags at Terri. He puts his nose to the unfamiliar, unearthly terrain and shuffles forward slowly through the mist. The Changelings realize, as they watch the puppy go, that it's going to be difficult to see Rex, Edward, or each other in this fog unless they all stay close together.

L

Rick was relieved to see Rex apparently start to follow Edward's scent. He really didn't want to try and track someone through this fog. Though it would likely hinder them anyway. But it could be helpful as well, if used correctly. "I'll take point with Rex. My falcon eyes should help me keep track of him, and spot potential danger up ahead. Terri, Joshua, you two can probably hang back just a little bit. My Armor of Lightning's Fury should allow you to see me from further away than you'd otherwise be able to. And if anything ambushes me and Rex you might be able to turn the tables."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"Yes boss," Terri quips, slinghsot held loose but trembles slightly in her hand.

The Hedge sucks.

With a bit of focus, she stills the tremble and gives an encouraging wink to Joshua.

Now, I just gotta believe it myself.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

As the dog began tracking that guy there were looking for Joshua began hoping it hadn't; Terri's wink helped a bit, but Joshua was still jumpy. He briefly wondered whether the wind sounded the same over here, but dismissed the thought right away - too dangerous, too stupid.

With a cough he cleared he troath and adressed Terri silently."I have no way to defend myself.."

@Frac

"Let's hope we find Edward before anything bad happens then. If it does, and we are in trouble, I want you to run like hell and inform HAL. Crystal clear? No heroics."

Joshua nods - running, that's something he was good at.
    With a cautious look over his shoulder Joshua wondered what the wind sounded like here. He was about to ask Terri, but thought better of it: she wouldn't understand. Silently he kept following the dog.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread