Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Taking on the Apprentice

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

Spiders: EGuard(3P,self)

(Taking on the Apprentice)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

Arriving on the steps of the Museum, Truce had been torn on a few matters regarding this Apprenticeship. For one, where the talks and tutoring should be held. Truce no longer felt comfortable inviting the Curator into the Sanctum of Temoins du Sud. But at the same time the Museum would be home turf to the supposed Seer sympathizer.

In the end he determined that journeying to the Museum would be best. He would be able to keep an eye on the resonance there without jealordizing the safety of his Sanctum and Cabal. But would Miach really do something so sinister as to plot against them? Would keeping him at arms length even make a difference?

Whatever the case, Truce came prepared, arming himself with Sight and Shield, should he need them. He is less concerned about his physical safety than the influence the Enchanter or any unknown cohorts he might have over his mind. Not that he is aware if Miach has any such skill in the Mind Arcanum.

Believing he is of sound mind, Truce informs Miach of his arrival by phone and waits outside the front entrance if it is not open. Otherwise he will wait inside. The Necromancer is dressed in a white button-up shirt and lightweight open-weave gray sport coat and navy blue-patterned tie.
      Cast in Car in Parking Lot
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-07 09:17:48 Truce rolls 7 to cast improvised Mental Shield [Gno+Mind+HS] (10 Again) 3, 9, 5, 6, 1, 7, 6 1 success
    2016-06-07 09:17:26 Truce rolls 10 to casts Third Eye rote [WIT+Emp+Mind+HS] (10 Again) 5, 2, 9, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 4, 7 1 success
    -1 Mana for Non-Ruling Arcanum
    Equipment: Smart Phone, Ranged Stun Gun, Magical Tool

2. Likes West liked this post

Miach

PRE

Of course it had to be the Museum... not some other place where Miach's beliefs hadn't been shaken to their core or where he had been stripped of pretty much all social standing he had ever had... but since it was his Master's decision, the Enchanter had little choice but to endure it. Perhaps that too was part of something good for him that he couldn't perceive.

It was strange being on the receiving end of a treatment you didn't understand.

When the Moros called him, Miach took just a little bit longer than necessary to go and open the door. Chalk it up on the comfy couch, or on his tight clothes. Some may consider it a petty gesture, but truth was, the Enchanter needed every second to compose himself. What would the future hold ? He was so uncertain that he hadn't even bothered checking it up.

Let it begin, then.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Fair-skinned and thin, Truce does not appear to get out much, choosing instead to pursue more studious endeavors. He appears as a typical college student, wearing button up shirts, slacks, and a sports coat at times. His hair is dark brown and wavy, his eyes hazel.

Spell List

PRE

"Good evening, Miach. Thank you for making the time to speak with me," greets Truce cordially. Even if Miach's values were in question, there is no need to abandon etiquette. If offered, the Necromancer makes his way inside, hoping that they would have privacy in their talk.

"I just want to start by saying that I'm only here to help. I'm sure you must feel aggravated with me for suggesting that we take Avis's accusation to trial. I only meant for the truth of the matter to come to light. Emrys and Star saw more Wisdom than I on that. But I hope you feel as though you can speak openly with me about your doubts and grievances."

Otherwise they wouldn't be getting very far in this at all. Truce has no intention of being some sort of parole officer tasked with checking in on the Mysterium leader every now and then while Miach recites the 'correct' answers to avoid further ostracizing.

"Perhaps, we can start with the night you spoke with Avis, before she called on the rest of us. In your words, what was it that you were trying to tell her? And what did she say that you found fault with?"

6. Likes Cerberus liked this post

Miach

PRE

"Good evening, Truce." the Curator started with, as he let the Moros in. "To start with, would you like to visit the Museum, or would you rather be calmly seated someplace ?" he offered to his visitor. And now Master... As for him, stretching his legs would do him good, and he hoped the Councilor would favor that option. But he was to ask.

"I think I know in which capacity you've offered to step in. Part mediator, part doctor. Correct me if I'm wrong ?" he went on, apparently nonplussed. "As a fellow doctor, I know how much trust is required for a proper working relationship. I will try and offer that, but please return me the favor. All that we'll share now will remain between us. Does it sound fair enough ?"

Star's arguments still stung, and the Enchanter was really ready to try and understand his point, but it didn't mean he intended for everyone to learn about the details of it...

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

"Whatever is more comfortable for you," answers Truce noncommittally.

"It's true, as a student of psychology I often feel it is my responsibility to step in when it comes to the mental health of those around me. And as you've guessed, my namesake is no accident. As far as any private thoughts or complaints you have, I can promise not to repeat it. I will of course advise you against anything I find to be dangerous or compromising of character. I'm not here to judge you, though if you confess to a crime I cannot hold true to that promise, so do take that into consideration."

It's not as if Miach would openly confess to a crime, though Truce's warning would certainly reduce the possibility. Perhaps Miach would appreciate the straightforwardness, or perhaps the knowledge that Truce's promise is not unconditional would cause him to remain distrustful.

"But please, do continue," adds Truce encouragingly.

Miach

PRE

Since Truce didn't seem to have any preference, the Curator started walking through the Museum. He had not clear path in mind, as it was the physical act of walking, moving, that mattered.

The Moros offered again a very polite answer to Miach's request, and very noncommital. "Fair enough." was his only assessment of his Master's position.

"Well, please follow me..." the tall man said after thinking for a couple of seconds, leading them to the kuksu section of the current exhibit. "Hmm, must have been here." he said, looking around to gauge the accuracy of his guess.

"Would you like to watch the event first, or would you rather have my recollection of it first ?" he offered, knowing full well how different one's perspective may make things. And perhaps an outsider's opinion could help.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

Truce sighs at the offer. He could very well attempt a Postcognition to see the event as it occurred, but it almost seems a cold and calculating analysis by an official inquiry.

"I'd prefer to hear it from your words, if you please." His question is to gauge how Miach felt about the argument, something that would tell him about Miach's current perception of the events. "What was said, how you felt, and why you said what you did. We are not the same men as we were yesterday, after all. We all go through daily transformations which shape our character. I would like you to reflect on that conversation so that we may construct an itinerary for the lessons I will give to you."

Miach

PRE

The Enchanter wouldn't have been too surprised if Truce would have liked to watch it firsthand before anything else, so it had been a toss-up really. Apparently, the Moros thought that perception mattered over facts in that particular case. Well...

Looking around himself at the various art and objects on display, the Acanthus breathed slowly, trying to recollect the events of that night, as well as his perception of them, his mood at the time, the atmosphere.

"I had asked Avis for a talk. You may remember it, she had dissed me after the meeting about the Communal Ground, and I wanted to clear up the air. I had expected her to be confrontational, so I had braced myself against it, and had resolved not to back down, or not easily at least, against her points." he started with.

"The conversation didn't go far before my previsions turned out to be very accurate. In a nutshell, she asked - rather forcefully - why I thought it was a good idea that the Communal Ground be a prison. I pointed out that it wasn't exactly what I had said, and that the difference mattered, but before I could elaborate, it went out of hand, and we were crying at each other. I guess I had pushed all the wrong buttons. Prison. Redemption... they all seem to have some strong impact on her. She quickly came to the conclusion that neither of us would be able to change the other's mind, and asked for other parties to be involved. To which I agreed..." obviously there was an edge of bitterness in the Curator's voice, but what could be done now...

"You know the rest." he finished with a sigh of his own.

Presence •• (Bookish)
    Truce

Spell List

PRE

A wan smile crosses Truce's expression at Miach's regard for Avis's confrontational nature.

"I understand your concerns. Avis is a very passionate person and quite opinionated. I have learned, when speaking with her, to allow her some leeway to express herself. Not that such statements should be ignored. She means everything she says, as far as I can tell."

"I assume that your suggestion of a prison was meant to be a defensible location. But then you do understand why the notion upset her, don't you? A prison is an imbalance of power. An authority subjugating its inmates. This Fallen World we inhabit is such a prison. The Exarchs are jailers. The walls and bars, the Abyss. We each were given a key to our own cells, but we are still in the prison, trying to escape, to transcend. You understand, yes? To accept our cell and our imprisonment is the folly of the Seer. And the danger is when one of our own might consider alerting the guards."

Truce's features soften and he looks to Miach, gauging his new ward's reaction.

Miach

PRE

"Yes, of course, and more." Miach agreed with his Master, nodding at the mention of security.

"Actually, and because accuracy matters, I suggested a private prison, tied to a couple of side business to rehab the prisonners. One of those side business would have been a bar, where we could have met. As I saw it, we would have had the social benefits of easy meetings in a bar, the explanation required for a strong security, an income, as well as a ready-made structure to hold whatever we'd need to keep secure. Banishers, Seers, whatever." It still sounded like a rather sound proposal to the Acanthus, when you laid it out like that.

"I understand perfectly the symbol of a prison, of course. And the parallel with our own situation. I could argue that since we'd be the jailors, we would also be the ones freeing those that are ready to be free, but admittedly, it's a weak argument at best. So yes, perhaps Avis can't picture herself holding people against their will, but I think it's pretty-short sighted. The practical benefits largely outweigh the symbolism.

As for accepting our cell... I never supported anything like that !"
    the mystagogue said, getting heated. Though perhaps he had sounded like he might ? "The closest I came to that might be when I said I valued lives - all lives - very much, and that I wasn't ready to throw them away for meaningless battles ! How is that accepting the cell, or altering the guards ? It's just choosing your fights wisely, isn't it ?" and if those last words sounded like pleading, it was perhaps because that had been the crux of Miach's beliefs for a long while, and what seemed to have caused all that ruckus.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread