Ended
Watch

Renewing Knowledge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Casitive

I respect that,” David replies as Silver explains that he cannot divulge the specifics of Cruac. All of them have their secrets, it is who they are and David knows – perhaps better than anyone – of the secrecy their respective houses require. “Though, fighting is more than just knives, fists, or guns. In fact, the fight will be more than any of those.” It is a chess-match where pawns and knights are mixed with bishops and Queens.

For instance, if you've reestablished contact with any allies or contacts that you think you can use for information, let me know.” Reaching up, the Dragon rakes his hair as he mulls over what he knows. “Other than that, much of the evolution of the Domain has come in increments. In your absence, for instance, the Domain has played host to three Monomacies and as I mentioned every formal court is now a requirement.

Guiding Silver back towards the Chapter House, David asks, “Do you have any questions about anything at all? Any proposals for the Family, though we're very small right now, you might want to undertake?

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"You may not be aware, but the Temple that I used to officiate has been defiled by Belial's brood. I am workin[g on helping building a team to help find and purge their filth. If any of our family is interested in assisting, I would be quite grateful."
    David's tone in discussing the heretics can be charitably described as contempt and fury.
    "I will work towards expanding my reach, and keep you appraised. I usually end up working with religious circles, often the new age groups."
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

Silver's revelation about the Temple causes David to frown, brow furrowing to match. “Do you know if there is a specific reason why they targeted your Temple? And, if you don't mind sharing, where is it?” David doubts that the location matters overmuch to the blueprints since the places that they detail are actually small swaths of the city. However, no question is too silly and all knowledge is worth having.

As Silver moves on to assurances, David nods, “Good. Maybe also in time, we'll be able to build something off of your reach. But, our family has been very small for more than a few months. Which, given my Libitinarius lineage is disconcerting, but there's nothing to be done about it.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

Silver's glower deepens as he talks of the brood further"At this time I do not know their goals or plans. It could very easily be that they wanted to use a place alredy sanctified and ritually used to despoil. Or it could have been the fact it was abandoned for a time. All I have available from their desecration were a few reliquaries and a human skull that had been cursed in some manner." David isn't quite ready to ask for help on that front yet. He's so very close to re-understanding The Spirit's Touch. Why bother the priscus about it? And if it is as David suspects, that the skull was meant to be used further, but is effectively now just waiting for direction, the crone could have much use of such a thing.

"The temple is located in the north of the city in Natomas. I would be happy to show you sometime."
    David's mood actually finallyy improves, and he sounds almost cheerful at the idea of the Grand Wyrm taking a look at his temple. After all, he was walking on the chapter house grounds at the moment.

"Forgive me, but I am unfamiliar wit hthe Libitinarius bloodline. Would you be willing to explain? Connection and community is something the circle has much focus in." He asks politely. He had heard of them, but details always were lacking. And as he had been beaten of the head by Paresh enough to understand, Firsthand Sources were significantly better than the vampiric grapevine.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

Natomas,” David repeats half to himself, establishing and entrenching the memory and its association with Silver. Given its location, David is sure that there is nothing in the blueprints to find and yet...there is an idea. “There's a cache of information I found some months ago that, though old, might provide you direction in regards to the Brood. It's being housed in a secure location under the Archon's care but it might be worth looking at.

Might be a good place for Silver to start looking. Information is power and having more information over the enemy is a good step towards winning.

As talk turns towards David's heritage, a ghost of a smile manifests on David's lips, “Ah, the Libitinarius Lineage is a Dragon and Acolyte Heritage established by my grandsire, Dr. Weeks, in the nineteenth century. We are a Heritage of Funeral Priests working largely in the Ancient Egyptian tradition and are worshipers of Osiris, Kephri, and sometimes Isis.” Mostly, his cousins in the Circle at that last point. “We help fellow Kindred fall into a safe Deep Sleep.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"I would appreciate taking a look at it, if you are willing to recommend me to her, Priscus." Silver adds. A document cache with some relevance to the brood, or the location itself? Well, David Silver does not turn down knowledge. Going up and asking the Archon would be a fast way to nowhere, but with his priscus preparing the road, that could work.

"Ahh, suddenly your deep understanding of Egyptian mythology makes a great deal more sense."
    The gap between the two covenants was not so vast, but did have rather critical differences. "A pity you were not here last century, I would have greatly benefited from your help at that time." David chuckles politely, trying to extinguish the spark of bitterness at the unfairness. This was obviously a message from the goddess, and throwing a tantrum would do no good to anyone.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

I'll do that then,” David replies, eyes in the middle distance already composing the letter in his thoughts. Vague fragments of sentences float around his mind like driftwood, slowly converging as they walk along. Silver's news is alarming but their weapon is subtly and knowledge; ones they should hone and sharpen.

In the last century,” David admits, humility that is so much the Libitinarius' trademark showing its face, “I was only just getting settled into this existence. I doubt I would have been of much help to you. In a way, I think that's why Johan sent me off to be on my own,” a speculative look crosses David's face. “Being an unfamiliar place forced me to grow in a way that I couldn't back in Minneapolis.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"And to be truthful, I have learned more because of what I have forgotten. To remember how to throw a punch or use the Blood, instead of learning from scratch. It is hard to articulate, and yet, I am glad to be doing it." Frustrated often, when it was 'oh, of course you just twist and roll the mind over' to bring forth the Vision of the clan. But to change, and sometimes discover the old way wasn't quite so good. That is the best, when the Crone shows him the better path, stripping away the false chains.
    "I am glad that you have joined us then. To be caught in a city where your growth is limited would be quite stifling. And though a staked tree grows tall and stable, it does not reach its branches as far as it could."
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

Remembering how. That's a thought that's rolled around in David's mind since he wrote about the subject in what seems like a lifetime ago, now. “Memory is a fascinating subject, isn't it?” The Mortician questions in a quieted voice. They have all of the memory and knowledge of millennia flowing through their veins. All they have to do is remember how.

Sometimes the familiar doesn't demand that we grow. It tempts us with the status quo. I think that's probably why Johan sent me away. I'm glad it was here that I came.

Coming up on a month, should we wrap?

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Indeed, a funny thing indeed. Anyway, I have taken too much of your time David, and wish you well this night." The acolyte says to the dragon, with a smile and a nod.

I'm good to end as well.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.