Ended
Watch

Renewing Knowledge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    C
    Casitive

Despite of or perhaps in defiance of the drought that has plagued California for so long it almost seems almost natural, there is still greenery surrounding the House of the Dragon. It isn't neat and grows as it wants with dandelions and tufts of tough grasses dotting the landscape, but the important part is that growth is still present. Everything comes in cycles: the Day moves to Night, Winter becomes Summer, Life invariably marches towards Death.

Twenty minutes ago, David met with Silver and the Shrike screamed out its fury. But it is, like so many things, full of sound and fury that signifies nothing. David smothered the constant chattering, crying out for war, until it was nothing but a dull thrum that is easily ignored. Meeting Silver at the Nox meant that addresses and maps were not transmitted over the air, allowing for the pair of Shadows to secret themselves at the steps of the Chapter House under the cover of Darkness.

Silver was a member of the Domain far before David and David was a member of the Domain almost for a time that Silver was not.

“Hierophant Silver,” David offers, “welcome. Would you like to walk around the grounds or head into our Lunarium? I'm open to whichever you might feel is most comfortable.”

The Clan Mekhet don't simply just know things. There is no group think. There is no network between minds that offer knowledge. It is just that the Mekhet, above all, know that Knowledge degrades and dies and needs a renewal. Tonight then, is a chance to renew quite a bit of knowledge beneath Khonsu's unerring gaze.

A shimmer of keys dancers in David's hand as he waits for Silver's reply.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David follows his fellow Homonym from the nox, his beast pleasantly silent. Perhaps he should take interest in the more obscuring foci of the clan? A good question for the Priscus, but first there must be an exchange of knowledge.

He has recovered his fury from the problems with the Crone, and will focus on other dealings tonight. To focus on that, and not the need to purge the city with the cleansing waters of the rivers to wash away the brood. Instead tonight is to be explanation for the outburst in court. Things better left in the past, and now to be pushed on to the future. There are no secrets in the mekhet, and it is time to show the power of knowledge.

'The true power of knowledge.
    To know the future, to see its paths and streams tracing out into the infinite...
    Do you not feel with all your soul how we have become like gods? '

And to know the future requires knowledge of the past, knowledge which hopefully David will give him freely in exchange for his own.

Silver initially says nothing as the priscus incorrectly states his title. Time willing, it would be his again. And yet, to create that mistrust, to start the night with lies was not desired. That is not how Silver wishes to participate with the Mekhet. He will be honest, he will be circumspect, but he will not build a relationship with the priscus on lies.
    "I am sad to say that I am not Hierophant currently, though perhaps soon the Crone will give truth to your proclamation. I would love a tour of the grounds from you. Thank you." David says with a slight smile and his serene tone.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

“Ah,” David murmurs as he gestures forward towards overgrown weeds and green grasses, blades of light from the Chapter House cutting across blue-black swaths. “My mistake then,” hands slide into pockets and one step follows another. Maybe soon another Shadow will rule their Covenant, maybe not, it doesn't factor into the Libitinarius' own calculations like it might factor into another Priscus'.

One step is followed by another as David notes wryly, “For all of the Rivers this City houses, you'd think the River Lethe is one of them.” A small comment on how much knowledge has died in the interim. Grasses hiss against one another as David wonders where to begin. “I arrived here late in 2013, my Sire, Johan Fisher thought I needed a change of scenery.” Secretly, David thinks Johan knew exactly what would come for his childe.

“I'll start with the most important. There are those who would tear down the Domain and they've already murdered one of our own, Aοleen McFarlane. I don't know if you met her,” David glances at Silver attempting to gauge the man's thoughts. David's own emotion about that night and her loss are held close to his chest. “They attempted to acquire the body of former Prince Straiphen and stole a torpid body that was held in trust within the City. Brady, her twin, von Shusten, and the Daeva Rhyana. Name the crime and they've probably perpetrated a form of it. Take care, they pose the biggest danger to all of us.”

Hands rake through unwieldy curls, pausing here to let Silver ask any questions he would.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

Silver notes the fecunditiy of the land, and the lack of careful horticulture. It says much about the dragon and its Wyrm. He nods as David discusses the recent history of the domain.
    "I knew Miss Brady, she as well as Roxie were two of the regents that the Circle was investigating as people to host our temple, before we found a home for it in Natomas. She was stiff and aloof, but I am sad to hear that she has gotten involved with Straiphen. And Iam sorry to hear that Miss McFarlane was taken from us, though I knew her not. May her memory persist on." David's tone becomes remarkably serious and solemn as he discusses the departed. Aparently he takes that quite seriously.

"I returned to sacramento in 2011, just after the summer solstice. We were few then, as we are now, and seeking a place to be able to practice in privacy was important to us.
    Have they expressed any intent or goal?"
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

Silver's mention of Roxie makes David's head dip, eyes in the middle distance. “Roxie and Dog are both dead,” the Mortician tells the Serene Man. “Destroyed because of the Brady's machinations out at the Yolo Wilderness Bypass.” The Libitinarius' soft-spoken tenor is dressed in the sound of solemnity as he appraises Silver. Light passes over David and though he is plain man, the light briefly casts his profile in sharp relief. “Straiphen is also destroyed. I witnessed all of it.”

It's a role David has taken on over the years, the Witness; the singer in silence. Somehow, David has witnessed so much of what has kept the Domain hostage and mourns all of it. He is an unliving memory to all that will eventually fade like water eroding stone.

“I suppose they want Sacramento and don't want us in it,” David answers Silver's question. Nothing that they can negotiate with. “They once attempted to silence me and Tracy Burns, it didn't work. His Grace made sure it didn't. Can you tell me about your time here in the city

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"Intelligent of them, to attack some of the Prince's strongest fighters. Their passing will also be remembered. Perhaps a memorial when this is done to those who have died in this rebellion would be appropriate." Silver says with a stiff voice and downcast words. Every one of them that is killed is a denial of the Mother's gift. We are immortal, if only we would not kill each other.
    "I am glad to hear that you were able to escape their machinations." David's voice regains some of its calmness, with a touch of cheer at the good news of another kindred failing to die. "What information, if I may ask, were they attempting to keep quiet?"

"I have been in sacramento 3 times, this being the third. I would presume you would be interested in when I first arrived. I was a bookseller, convinced by my future sire to come to sacramento to discuss terms with him. Eventually I became his ghoul sometime in the 40s, and then his childe some years later. I won't frustrate you with the discussions that Paresh and I had about the intricacies of the Crone, but suffice to say that learned much throughout my time with him.
    Getting to the original question you put to me at my acknowledgement, I should mention that the Prince at the time was Straiphen, and after much work in service of the domain, I was given the Right to sire a childe."

Here david stops. He hides his emotions without any subterfuge, setting his face in a stony mask.

May your memory persist on, sweet one. Persist, for now it is not just within me

"From here my memory of events becomes extremely muddled, and you must forgive me for this, as it will be soon become apparent. Regardless, after a short time as her Sire, an Incident occured. The specifics are lost to me, but I awoke quite some time later with my Sire informing me that Straiphen had been angered somehow, and I was fortunate to still continue my existance. At his urging I returned to the embrace of the Deep Sleep, and awoke many years later. "
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

David's head dips into a solemn nod. Roxie he didn't know. Dog, however, he did after a fashion. The Fearless man swaddled in red, the protector of his pack even when that protection meant confronting them with a truth. Whatever other memory others might have of the complicated Savage, this is the memory David carries. Unconsciously, David glances into the building as though expecting for Dog to be prowling about inside and finding no one.

“To deny and silence the truth,” David replies to Silver.

Silver's explanation is simple enough and in response, David tells him, “I lived and died and lived again in Minneapolis. I never traveled until I came to Sacramento in October of 2013 and it was at the behest of my sire, Johan Fisher. He thought a change of scenery would do me good.” David purses his lips and adds, “I took the Priscus position because I saw a lack of hard-leadership and taking it helped in my mission to get justice.”

Of course, there were those who resisted but their resistance left with them.

“You mentioned a drug called Red, can you tell me about that?”

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"I am glad to hear that you rejected their offer. Many in your position would have been tempted. The secrets within our clan are quite vast." David says with some solemnity, eve as the two of them spill secrets to each other without any contract or deal. But there is an implicit deal with this. There is truth being sold for truth, to share and share alike, and in so doing both opening up to each other. The priscus who leads the clan, the Crone who leads the covenant, in deed if not in word.
    "Your mission to get Justice?" David asks, surprised by the goal, "I'm afraid I don't understand." David says with confusion. Justice is a complicated concept at the best of times, but to take Priscus ship to pursue it? Is it to correct a wrong, or to prevent a wrong from happening? Or something else entirely?

"Red. Red was a drug made of some chemical and vitae that produced rather stunning results. The long of it was that I was invited to help track down its production and source. Initially the strike team was commanded by the Reeve at the time, Connor Greyson before he had to attend to other matters and left myself in charge. We descended down into a growing operation, where a group of blood dolls were growing weed, and had been made aware of the vampiric condition. I ordered the dolls eliminated to close the breach, and helped hide the evidence. Thereafter we went and discovered the vampire in charge, who had placed a bomb in Avalon, one of the Elysia at the time." It is clear from the flat tone David remarks with the breach closure that it was not a pleasant choice, but there is no regret.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

C
    Casitive

“I needed the political cachet with His Grace,” the Mortician explains to Silver. “At the time, Brady still enjoyed her Primacy as Regent. Coming forward with the information that she is at the center of what she is doing, I needed equal political heft. I didn't trust our priscus at the time to do what needed to be done.” The Scarecrow of a Mekhet might be a plain man, an overlooked man, but that doesn't mean that David Regan is weak.

David is the childe of Johan Fisher, the Dragon Mortician given life by Dr. Weeks himself.

Regarding Silver meaningfully as the Acolyte explains Red, David only nods off of the explanation of the difficult decision Silver had to make. The Libitinarius doesn't begrudge the choices done for the God of Survival.

“Difficult decisions are part and parcel of our existences now, aren't they?” David questions rhetorically, a growing frown sneaking into his voice. “The work isn't done yet. The Danger continues to place a pall over our heads. What can you bring to bear against them? Who do you know?”

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

"I am glad to hear then, that you stepped up." Left unasked is what happened to former priscus. Dragons often eat their prey whole.

"I am no great fighter like I was before my deep sleep. But I am attempting to reclaim it. More useful to the domain at the moment is my skill with Cruac, but those specifics I cannot divulge further." Priscus he may be, but David Silver breaks his silence only to his goddess. Godlike vampires may be, but they are not gods. Sadly, that too is no longer at the heights he once enjoyed, to bring a literal storm upon his enemies before descending with fist and blood. Ahh the glory days of the Hero.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread