Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1606) Consilium - Reactions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley and Fisher continue here.

Fisher

Extempor. Affinity: •••••
    Eidetic Memory

PRE

Fisher carefully watched the man with anticipation and quickly grew disappointed as he spoke.

Not even a chuckle, she thought as as soft sigh escaped her lips.

She hoped to mess with him a bit to get a laugh or two to maybe cheer him up a bit, but her failure sapped her confidence. Furthermore, the rejection of her outstretched hand left her feeling awkward, and she tried to cover it up by adjusting her long hair with one hand with a nervous grin plastered to her face.

That was stupid, i should have just went for normal and not clever or funny. The young woman deflated in her seat resting her chin on her arms in front of her and considered a change of tactics.

"Hm?," Fisher asked with mild distraction. "Yeah, Arrow...Shaman too. Ya got me, The stabbing always gives it away I guess."

A hint of hope gleamed in her eyes at the small smile from the man. However, the rest of the man's words were foreshadowing something rather grim, and not something she looked forward to.

"Oh, more stabbing. I hate hurting people. I guess that's kind of weird coming from an Arrow, huh? I'd much rather help people, but sometimes the only way that I can help is to hurt people. I guess knowledge always has its price, won through conflict."

At the topic change Fisher perked up a bit and thought for a moment before speaking with her head still on her forearms.

"Not much really. She just let me know that a person isn't a full citizen without being in a cabal in this city. Then gave me points of contact and numbers for the Cabals so I could contact people and look into it further. When I heard about the consilium I thought it might be a chance to at least meet some of the people and cop a feel as it were, or would it be prod with a stick? But I suppose one generally pokes dead things with sticks so that might not be the best analogy."

The young thyrsus' features lit up a moment as if something just hit her.

"Speaking of cabals, just what the hell is a Temoins du Sud? If you don't mind me asking. It's killin' me not knowing." She looked to Crowley her face radiating hopeful anticipation.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Sometimes, that which was hardest to struggle against was that which was not overpowering, but rather that which was entirely underwhelming. Conflict was not just the grand clash of opposed passions and urges, or the tumultuous opposition of one ideal against another, but also the contrast between presence and absence, and in many ways, Avis felt that that conflict was the hardest to balance. After all, when anger rose in her like a burning sea, or when all else was eclipsed by the roiling forms of insidious memories, there was still substance to work with. Substance to comprehend, to grasp, to channel.

But absence...Absence was much more difficult to engage with, and often only understood in the context of what was missing. Thankfully, that context was something Avis understood very well. She was someone that felt intensely, and preferred to let her emotions emanate forth like heat from the sun, expressing her state of being. To hide them beneath illusions was sometimes necessary, that she would not deny, but it was the overwhelming presence of those emotions, those states of being, that she was best able to understand.

That was why she was having difficulty, now, parsing out what she needed to do to balance herself as she walked into the room housing the Consilium meeting, because honestly, she couldn't give a fuck about it. When she'd first challenged Ariadne, Master of Mind, for the position of Councilor, she had been fueled by the potent alchemy of vitriol and hope, but she felt none of that now. It was as though her veins had been slit and all of her heartsblood freed to spill carelessly over the ground...

...and the ground was thirsty. It had already accepted a gift of mingled love bound in flesh, but what was such a morsel, weighed against every other corpse to have fallen to rest upon Sacramento's streets?

With a sigh, the Counselor of Warlocks stuffed her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket and tromped inside, eyes half lidded and unfocused.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes Forn Clakes, Kelreth, Yog-Sothoth, West liked this post
    B
    BlackWidowAus

Wearing a dark, charcoal grey suit, a pale cream shirt and a navy blue tie, Runner didn't even notice how he turned a few heads on his approach to the hotel. He was feeling excited and apprehensive about meeting this mysterious woman with which he only shared a few brief words. This is start of things then. Now only to find her.

Seeing a young woman enter a room ahead of him, Runner decides to follow. "Excuse me ma'am, could I interrupt you for a moment?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Otto von Bismarck.

That's what he'd been thinking about. Sitting there, in the hotel lobby, backpack at his feet and a copy of the totally free US Today unfolded in front of his face. One assumes, right? That's who, or what, the hotel is named after. Which raises a lot of totally interesting questions, yo.

Like, who all knew that Big Otto purposely started wars to unify the Prussian empire? Then formed the German Empire and named himself as Chancellor.

Sound familiar?

Every now and then, the urge to scratch away the pin-pricks of spell-work intruded as certain people moved past. It's all good. Never be the first to arrive, unless you just want to be the first but not actually arrive.

But, eventually, it's time to arrive.

Also? Totally keeping the free newspaper.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes Forn Clakes, Vassagon, Yog-Sothoth liked this post

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

The actual act of walking into the Bismark was the same as it had been, last time, and the time before. But context matters, and so it felt different. Because there was a difference between arriving as the New Girl compared to arriving as the Herald. Both things had changed - she was no longer among the newest arrivals in the city, and she was now the one doing the welcoming, instead of the one being welcomed.

She was wearing green, for spring. A light, pretty green dress that spoke of the turning from spring to summer.

dress

There was a nod to Star, whom she spotted in the lobby with a... was that a newspaper? Did anyone under the age of 60 still read those? It spoke to his talent for blending in that he managed to look totally normal with the US Today in his hands, instead of sticking out like a sore thumb as some ironic millenial trying to imitate his dad. She offered a quick smile and nod in his direction as she headed for the meeting room.

Then, Avis with someone she hadn't met yet. Not surprising, exactly. She'd approached her Councillor before approaching the Herald when she'd first arrived, too. A quick smile and a wink to Avis, and then she turned her attention to the already-gathered group. Fisher, off to the side, chatting with Crowley. She'd need to introduce herself to the new Shaman properly, soon enough. But first?

Varyx approached Aquinas, and those mages milling about nearby. "Hierarch," she greeted, her tone deferential. Then, with a smile, she nodded to each member of Steel Phoenix. "Hello Pelican, Wayland, Miach." It was the first time she'd seen her old cabal since she'd left. Hopefully there would be no bad blood.

C
    Casitive

Keybearer and Thearch, Hierarch of Sacramento

In a lot of ways, it is too late. But it is a question that wasn't asked and a question that Aquinas will not answer yet. With the Magi of the city beginning to filter in, Aquinas stops his rhythmic pacing and turns his attention first towards Pelican and then, flickering his attention towards Faye and the rest.

However, it is Crowley that gains most of Aquinas' attention and the Warlock inclines his head towards Crowley . That done, Aquinas starts greeting, “Nice to see you all tonight. Hope you've been okay?” There's no time for anyone to answer that as more of the Awakened appeared into the room.

Each one bringing with it their own signatures of Magic and their own vision of what it means to be Awakened.

There's no one vision of being Wise of being Awakened.

'If there was', Aquinas thinks with a sneer, 'they would all be serving the Unity; wouldn't they?'

The sneer is erased immediately seeing Varyx' approach and it is replaced with a friendly, welcoming smile.

First, however, a strong voice comes out, “Everyone if you could get seated and comfortable. Apologies to the Councilors as they arrive. I'll be taking up the majority of the time we have tonight.

Looking to Varyx, Aquinas murmurs Archly towards the Herald, “I hope you are ready for your first surprise.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

The hope, palpably pulsating off this new Shaman, in infectious.

"Well... Temoins du Sud means Southern Witness in French. Ah... We're a cabal who based ourselves on the southern edge of downtown. We... kind of had high expectations of being able to monitor the High Places and spots of unclaimed resonance in South Sacramento - you know, keep an eye on things in case something moved in. I guess our idea at the time was to keep watch for any potential threats to the city; we figured any danger would need to claim some of the vacant High spots for fuel and so on."

He shrugged: more ce la vie, less despondancy.

"Didn't quite work out that way. Now we simply keep tabs on our own back yard and try and look after the local neighbourhood. Try is the important word. I think Truce and Flidias are doing a better job than me; my business arrangements take me into downtown and mid-town proper. My bar, see. We all share a Sanctum, a really tiny High Place, and... yeah. Thats it. My Libertine sensibilities got incorporated too, so we don't have set positions. We keep 'em in reserve; if there is ever a time we need a Edge Tender or a Door Warden, we'll give the position to someone, but for that situation only."

He paused, eyes bouncing up and down over Fisher.

"Shaman? You should talk shop with Flidais. I'm sure she'd be happy to have another on her Path around."

L
    LoneRanger

As fellow mages starts to filter in I look at them with a friendly smile. Fellow creator the creator seeks, not followers, not herds. As Wayland comes to greeting I greet him back with a sober smile, and a quick nod then I tell him briefly.

"fine mate. Same for you."

Just in time to see Miach enter the room, I greet him with a nod.

As the always pleasant Varyx greets us, I answer her in specie with a kind smile and a friendly:

"hello there, Varyx."

And then here comes the invite from the boss to take a seat. So with a kind nod to the other, I move to take a seat.

M
    Matrixchild

July was later than he would have wanted. He preferred to be one of the first to arrive but Fate, it seemed, did not have that in mind tonight. As he entered he noticed that three of his cabalmates had already entered, Varyx looking beautiful as always. He offered everyone head nods, a wink for Varyx, before taking his place to the side near the front so that he could get a good view of everyone and watch.

With his change came an increased desire to watch and listen so that he could know what he should be looking for. One cannot know the answer without the question and now more than ever July was looking for times when the question was needed.

As he got close he saw that the Heirarch was getting ready to get people's attention so he offered him a head nod then focused. He could greet people afterwards...probably.

Page 2 of 13 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread