Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1606) Eternal Court

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The Nox Populi Nightclub.
    In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

As Kindred arrive at Nox, they are discreetly met and led to the back of the club; some may recognize the area leading to rear stairs upward. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions. The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, and the dull throb of music upstairs creates a low, rumbling pulse.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not decorated for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees.

Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

Eternal Court is open once more...

Please remember that Predator's Taint is in effect and role-play is expected, or rolls will be asked for!

This is a great place to get Acknowledged

C
    CMS

The beasts roar was only made louder by the knowledge that today, he was going to meet the Grandwyrm. Atleast that was what he told himself, when he walked into Nox. Luca didn't want to admit, that he still felt vulnerable in this new strange city and the strange ways of it. He had spent a month learning about the town and reclaiming his memories of his mission, his purpose and his ways. The fog of ages was but a memory snapping at his heels, eager to devour him should he slow down.

He had made sure to iron every wrinkle out from the black shirt and the dress pants he was wearing, hoping to seem more confident than he felt. When he arrived at Nox, he checked in his coat and he looked around, wondering who the people at elysium could be? He wanted nothing more, than to be useful to the Kindred here, and yet he felt like ripping their throats out. An urge no doubt magnified by the powers of his blood. Even though he seldom actually welcomed the beast, he did have to admit it was a useful tool, when dealing with other kindred.

The Gangrel sat himself down at one of the kindred-only tables, his handsome european features projecting an air of anticipation - this could easily be interpreted as an invitation to any Kindred in the room to join him. From his pocket he withdrew a small compass, that he had bought at a local pawn shop. It didn't quite work, but the symbolism was enough that he hoped the other Dragons would pick up on it. Looking at it for a short second, he put it back into his pocket and simply observed. His posture was a bit too stiff for this decade, or the one before that for that matter, but apart from that, he seemed like just another handsome socialite, waiting to be amazed.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ah yes, another night of Court. Another chance to mix and mingle, make new connections, get the latest gossip on others. The delicate Danse of posturing, dressing your best and keeping your Beast in check in a room with other predators. Good times!

Dressing to impress just wasn’t her. If others wanted to form an opinion on her based off what she wore, then what the hell ever. Black leather pants were paired with a black vest. The only thing under the vest, beside the tattoos, was a red bra that peeked out of the buttons of the vest. Red heels were added and her long hair was down. One of these days she’d throw everyone for a loop and hide her tattoos. Shocking people was always a good time. But not tonight.

Descending into Nox, she pauses at the bottom of the stairs, preparing herself for the pressure from other Beasts. And a strong one was present! Her Beast shrinks back, both scared and angered by the more powerful predator. Once her Beast was handled, she looked at the new face, who was handsome in an Italian sort of way. Maybe another from home?

Time to find out.

Ale walks over, putting on a friendly smile,

Ciao! greets the Italian, “Haven’t seen you here before. Can I join you?” always best to ere on the side of being polite. Never know who is Invictus and would get all bent out of shape if she wasn’t.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya hadn't heard the first one come in and without the sound, she had assumed that no one had arrived to Court yet, allowing her to tend to some other business in her office, her door cracked slightly open. It was when she heard the familiar voice of her cousin speaking in Italian that Katya's hand clenches, the long time in not seeing Alessandra making her beast almost forget that they were family. Before Katya lunges from her chair to get on all fours, Katya squeezes her eyes shut and tenses her neck to banish that impulse from her mind. Standing from her desk, she throws her light business jacket over her white V neck long sleeve shirt that is tucked under a black corset and heads outside.

THe moment Katya turns and spots another unknown gentleman in the room, her eyes roll back in her head again and her nostrils flair. THis time her fingers bend back in the form of claws, wanting to recreate the sight of Priss falling down after her face was torn apart from Katya's talons. Gripping her wrist, Katya let's out a hiss to calm herself down, not taking a step until she's sure she has control. Once she does, she strolls toward Alessandra and the newcomer and offers a bow to both.

"Good evening Cousin, it's been far too long, how have you been?" she says to Alessandra first before turning to Luca. "Good evening to you sir, to whom may I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

Remember, good impressions. Don’t try too hard but no being a wallflower.

The words ran through her mind as she descended the stairs as she had been guided when it was realised she was one of the Kindred, entering the Sacramento Court for the very first time, and to say Whitney was nervous was an understatement. Just like in Manhattan, this as part of the Danse and it had been explained to her in great detail. Despite her nervousness, it was tinged with excitement, at meeting others like her, even if they were like a bunch of cats constantly fighting for territory and pissing rights. That was the kind of analogy that the veterinarian had come to understand the Requiem as being, even if it was naive and simple.

And there it was. Boom. That savage fury deep in her mind, in her gut that exploded when in the presence of others, which fought to be released, to lash out without thought, without any iota of common sense or common decency. Fighting against it with every determined fibre of her being, Whitney managed to control the urge to release those dark thoughts and be nothing but a stain on the carpet of this pretty awesome nightclub.

Forcing a smile on her bubbly face, Whitney managed to walk over to join those already in attendance, wearing a brand new dress she had picked up for this very night; something cute yet still functional, and her feet were covered by a pair of simple black ballet pumps.

”Hi!” she said over-eagerly, her New York accent a little too piercing. Blinking back an apology, Whitney carried on regardless. ”Sorry, hope I’m not interrupting. My name’s Whitney, Whitney Cole and I’m kinda new around here, you know? Not so new that I haven’t been acknowledged; spoke to Mr. Roth not too long ago and he was good enough to grant me, er, well, allow me to stay. Nice guy,” she added as she finally run out of words to say.

Nerves were a bitch.

C
    CMS

Luca stood up when the ladies joined him. "Buonasera - why yes of course, please, sit" he smiled gesturing towards the chairs. "My names Luca Bonanno, am I've only been here for 'round a month, so it's no suprise we haven't met yet. Although your reputation precedes you, most esteemed Seneschal." He said, bending his head to the Gangrel, even though he felt his beast roaring at her. It seemed like his fangs yearned to puncture her and rip he to bits. He calmed himself, allowing the beast to slowly, ever so slowly, slide to the back of his brain. When he finally turned his attention to the other italian, his eyes sought hers, trying to establish eye contact. "Although I can not say I have had the pleasure of your company yet, Mrs...?" Subtly asking for her name, and weaving in a compliment at the same time - of course a woman of her beauty had to be married, what else? Or - atleast, that was the general jist of his compliment.

He offers his hand for a handshake, first to the Seneschal, then to the Italian in front of him - trying his best to seem as polite as possible. A Seneschal. Have I fucked up or am I simply lucky to be introduced to such an important vampire this early into my stay Luca thought to himself, after the handshakes, he sat down and relaxed. When Whitney came over he nodded in agreement "Yes, Yes - Mr. Roth is very good to us.". Eyeing the girl with anticipation - she seemed new, unexperienced, and that made the growling voice in his chest awaken from the slumber into which he had just convinced it to return - Fresh - meat his beast sang to him when he looked at her, his smile a bit to welcoming.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

And just like that, a chance to talk to a new face turns into a small party. Well, it was Court, and it was time to be Miss Social Savage!

Looking to Katya first, she held the highest title and position after all, she bows. Which gave her the chance to not only show respect, but reel in her Beast, who wanted to paint the walls with Katyas blood.
    “Seneschal Harding! It has defiantly been too long, we should fix that some evening.” She replies with a grin. “Haven’t been too bad, some Domain business has kept me busy, which is always good. And you?”

Her focus then shifts to the bubbly one with the accent, and hearing Konrads name and Acknowledgement in the same sentence makes her think she was a Cousin. Though the urge to extend her Claws and shred the flesh off her bubbly Cousin was strong, she held it firmly in check.

“Welcome Miss Cole, and if Priscus Roth Acknowledged you, that makes us Cousins. This is Seneschal Harding, a Cousin as well.” She says, with a smile and nod to Katya, “And I’m Alessandra Antinori, Whip of Gangrel.” More Family was a great thing!

Luca was able to establish eye contact, Ale was never one to shy away from it. His Beast was strong, and being this close her Beast pleaded with her to run. Calming the annoying thing, she thinks of how a strong Beast fit well with a strong Italian name.

Accepting his hand, “Antinori, Alessandra Antinori, Whip of Gangrel. Pleasure to meet you Mr Bonanno, welcome to Sacramento.” The welcome was extended to Whitney as well, as her eyes drift to her new Cousin as well.

“Seems we have an impromptu Family gathering here.” She adds with a sly smile. "How has Sacramento been treating you guys?"
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

A
    AnoncameaSpider

Last Court had come and gone without my gaze gracing it's presence. This one however, was different. I came with a few distinct points in mind, as I decended the stares my constant unblinking glare was focused on the floor, my hairless head down, forehead wrinkled. I needed to meet the Reeve for a request. I heard...alot... in passing. She might blow my head off if I make eye contact....I shook the thoughts from my mind as I hit the final step. Or rather, the beast rising within gave a great and powerful shake. I stopped instantly, a jerky motion as I realized I had been so caught up I hadn't realized there were others here already. And then it had.

Straightening my suit jacket, for lack of a tie to fix I took three deep breaths, closing my eyes and counted to ten after opening them, quietly in my head. I fixed a smile to my face, and moved over to an empty corner to wait for either the Reeve, or the Regent to show themselves. No need to butt in on ongoing conversations. I had better things to prepare for mentally anyway. Besides, maybe one of them will get curious. Wouldn't that be...something.

s
    sumthingpositiv

That Alessandra has business to keep her busy with brings a tiny smile on Katya's face, happy to hear that her Cousin is finally carving her niche out in the city. Raising her eyebrows she says "Keeping busy as well, very busy in fact." which was still putting it lightly. "I agree though, catching up would be quite lovely sometime. We're actually planning on hosting the Summer Solstice at the Farm if you'd like."

Her eyes then turn to Luca and she is curious as to how he knows her title until Konrad's name comes up. She pieces together that he may have clued Luca as to who she was and doesn't let it bother her. "Well it's good to see another member of the family Mr. Bonanno.

Before she can hear anything else, the sudden arrival of Whitney catches Katya off guard, so much so her primal instinct thinks back to the last Formal court. Her instincts try to convince her mind that this is a Poacher, but even if they are, now is not the time to place judgement. Katya tells herself to view this woman as kindred rather than ashes and turns her whole body to face Whitney as a way to pull her head out of her violent thoughts. Offering a bow of her head Katya says "Priscus Roth seems to have been busy. Welcome to the domain Miss Cole." after Alessandra introduces her. Her hands lace together and rest in front of her as she waits for both new family members to answer Alessandra. Out of the corner of her eyes, Katya notices another man eyes that almost remind her of Garrick's. He doesn't seem interested in making company and so she decides to check on him later, for now she gives her new Cousins her full attention.

C
    CMS

Luca leaned back in his chair, relaxing ever so slightly more. "Sacramento is a harsh and fast city, as Bishop Gilroy was quick to remind me, when I first talked to Priscus Roth." He said, trying not to let his distaste for the worms show on his face. It wasn't made easier when another one of Them walked in. His eyes creepily fixated on Luca's throat - atleast that was what it felt like. He thought back to New York, where maggots like that where kept under street level - those were the days...

"Most of my nights went with clearing my head and getting a new place to stay - nothing fancyfull, but just somewhere to avoid the sun rather than... you know" he winked to his familiy, insinuating that he knew of the clans ability to meld with earth - that he had never used that particular option himself, was another matter. He found it brutish and crass, but of course he would never say that out loud. Bonding was important now - getting to know the family. "And also reaching out to old friends and contacts and the like - Sleep and time has a way of devouring everything." Luca paused for a second, to fake an intake of breath "Is it your duties as whip, that has been keeping you busy, or is it a more personal matter? Because if it is I would love to assist you" Luca made sure to obfuscate the point, as to whether he would want to help with clan buisness or with personal things - of course strictly speaking, the offer only extended to clan buisness, but you never knew and the shared ancestry had him interested. After that small chat he turned his attention to the small matter about the summer solstice, making a small "aha?" noise, when she mentioned the ceremony, urging her on. As if he were an interested teacher from another class, listening to the brilliant pupil. Circle of the crone inviting people to their ceremonies? Well, things do apparently change.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread