Watch

Bad News Bears

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    s
    sumthingpositiv

( Josephine ) ( David Silver )

Between the death of poachers and now what she would have to discuss with Josephine tonight, Katya was beginning to associate bad tidings within her office of Elysium. but then, she would be naive if she were to have expected it to always be pleasant. She didn't like coming in without all the details known, whether or not Konrad had retrieved the footage from Raging Wire or a concrete plan for obtaining the data, but being that one of Brady's enemies was involved, Katya knew she had to at least give that much to the Reeve. There was of course the presence of the Brood.

Fixing her hair to keep it out of her eyes, Katya stands and waits for either of her guests to arrive, wearing a white long sleeve shirt tucked under a black and grey pinstripe suit, running through the previous nights in her head to refresh her memory.

PRE

The Reeve arrived clad in garb not too dissimilar from the Seneschal, though her suit was pure black, transforming her into a near monochromatic vision, the hint of color in her make-up the one relief to what would otherwise be oppressive in its denial of color.

Her features were calm, though there was an inquisitiveness lurking at the corners of her eyes as she entered Katya's office.

"Good evening, Seneschal Harding," she offered pleasantly, placing her purse upon an unclaimed chair. "A pleasure to see you. I trust this...Silver is on the way?"

Was there a hint of irritation in the Reeve's voice? No doubt to the Seneschal's well trained ear, it was clear there was, though it was not due to any concern for punctuality. Rather, it was pique at the similarity in names. And, as some in the domain knew, Josephine was rather particular with names.

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

Nothing. Nothing in any of his books, nor any mention in all of his, rather jumbled, memories. Whatever was done to that skill will require intense study, but more resources than he has available at the moment. The Dark Mother take it, this is becoming truly annoying.

David enters the Box in his typical site, loose linen pants and shirt. He isn't dressing up for this, but then again, this could end up all needing to be burned anyway.

David approaches the office, frustration clear on his face. He knocks and enters, recoiling from the new woman, his beast scrabbling away, and his foot slows as he attempts to step. Danger! Death! Flee! His beast cries in stark terror. But he steps forward anyway. Got his Faith will not let him succumb to the beast. He proceeds forward, and gives a polite bow to both Katya and the Reeve.

"Good evening. Thank you for inviting me Seneschal, I hope to assist as best I can with this matter."
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya's hands plant firmly into her desk as she hears Josephine enter, repeatedly telling herself she was in Elysium to pull her Demon back from unleashing its claws on the Reeve. It had seen what she was capable of, remembering Fringe and Priss and it did not want to suffer the same fate. Fortunately, Katya is able to pull her unintelligible monster back in time to answer Josephine.

"Good evening Reeve Sterling, thank you for coming here in relatively short notice." she says with a bow of her head followed by a simple nod, choosing to ignore the subtle hint of ambivalence in David's arrival. If there was an issue Josephine had, it was her business and Katya might ask David about it later but she harbors a guess it might be due to David's ties to the Dark Mother. "Yes David said he planned on attending and..." her eyes roll in the back of her face when she hears David's footsteps. The crowded space of her office invokes more anxiety into her Demon again and it's telling her to kill them to make room.

David's pleasant voice brings her back an she subtly shakes her head to refocus herself. "Good evening David, thank you for coming by." she gestures to the two chairs in front of her and says "Please have a seat. " she waits for both of them to do so before continuing. "As mentioned before, Reeve Sterling, I have less than pleasant issues to inform you on this evening, one of which is something Mr. Silver and I stumbled upon. We were recently looking to scope out a former Temple that David and Chris Wooding had used in the past. When he and I examined the building, we found a variety of evidence that suggests the presence of the Brood. "

She is silent to let news settle in before continuing, "We found a room containing robes, ritual bowls, daggers and then we found another room with torture devices that had been use, chalk drawn circles on the floor and an invocation in latin partially wiped away." her lips curl as she thinks on how to describe the chaos that was in the basement. "When we explored the basement, we found a room stinking of blood and burned flesh, as well as body parts and an image of a bloody hand and the pentagram scattered throughout the room."

She turns to David and asks, "I know there is more, what else have I forgotten?"

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David takes his seat, confused about the Reeve's discomfort, but it only lasts until Katya starts talking about the Temple. David's face turns flat and stoney.
    Within, his rage builds. The Desecration, the transgressions that had occurred. Unacceptable.
    At Katya 's question David thinks for a moment, then speaks in a guarded tone, voice tinged with frustration.

" it seemed there was at least two bloody massacres that occurred in the basement, as well as the removal of the sacrifices and religious instruments that had been kept there. There were new locks on the doors, and the windows boarded. The invocation dealt with demon summoning. There was also an outbuilding that we did not investigate. As well as a few reliqueries and a skull that had been turned into a sorcerous tool. It's purpose we have not yet divided. "

Though the reeve is not of the crone, David doesn't care. He wants his temple back so that the crone can be worshipped, and honesty and forthrightness will do that faster than obfuscation.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

PRE

"The Brood of Belial, you say?" the Reeve quized after a long moment of consideration.

"Fascinating. We've been in such need of diversion,"
    she added, a bitter curl twisting her lips. "At the least, they are terribly straight forward, however. No need to be clandestine in our opposition to them, and no need to guess there motives. That is somewhat refreshing, no?"

Silver would not think so, Josephine knew. Nor Katya, come to that, but there path was a different one. They had not taken it upon themselves to act the part of the Devil where there was none.

Now, however...she could cede the role.

s
    sumthingpositiv

As David fills in the details she left out, Katya waits for him to finish. Josephine's calm bravado in responding to this doesn't surprise Katya. IN her time here Katya watched the Reeve destroy a member of the domain and then two poachers who had no fighting capabilities whatsoever. Here they presented Josephine with a clear enemy of the domain that she could unleash her fury on without regret or consequence.

"Well that was why I wanted to bring this to your attention." Katya says once David is finished. ""David and I plan on returning to change the locks and make the temple ours once more. We have since then cleaned the evidence of the massacre to avoid wandering kine to find it and notify the police. I'm not sure if the Brood plan on returning or if they plan on seeking a new location." they were bold enough to infest an old temple but were they bold enough to take it from their hands? "But if this is something that interests you, I'm sure David and I are happy with having members of the domain accompany us in the event that the Brood is still waiting for us before we return. I understand that you have other threats to deal with, so if not, we are happy to keep you in the loop as we investigate further."

David Silver

Circle of the Crone
    Rose Garden

4 blood

PRE

David is nonplussed with the Reeve's flippant attitude to the desecration. Perhaps if it had been her own headquarters she might not care so little, but he would not gainsay the Reeve. That would shorten his impecable lifespan significantly. At least, not yet.

David nods at Katya's comments. There is little room for improvement upon what she said. Still, she had spoken for him, and so he must give his own statement, if only to not be seen as her lacky. No one who walks the earth commands him as a lackey.

"I can only echo the Seneschal's words, and state my willingness to assist in any way possible for the eradication of those responsible." He adds, a note of anger drifting into his tone as he discusses the perpetrators.
    BP1 | Presence 3-Serene

PRE

"As courtesty to you both, I will be frank. The Reeve's office is stretched thin, as it presently only consists of one. I am working to remedy this, of course, but for now the only resource I can mobilize for you is my own involvement, that of my ghoul, and the request for volunteers. I wish it were different," Josephine explain, her mood much sobered, "but that is what we have at our disposal.

"So, allow me to ask you this: where would you like to begin? To investigate the desecration more thoroughly? To lay a trap for them in case they return? To institute a guard so you may worship in peace?"

s
    sumthingpositiv

"Of course." Katya says with an understanding nod, "Any help you can offer is much appreciated Reeve Sterling. I actually had a few allies in mind to contact, one of them being my cousin Whip Antinori, I just wanted to be sure she wasn't helping you already with something else more pressing." looking to David for his thoughts as she says "I'm not sure what you had in mind David, but I was thinking that having people accompany us during this second visit to provide backup in the event any of the Brood are trying to ambush us might be helpful. If not, we can scope the temple out some more and continue restoring it to it's former state and then discuss plans for setting a trap in the event that they do return."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.