Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Checking Out The New Digs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

The green Lexus pulled up outside the estate and hummed quietly. Inside, Gideon was telling Adams that he would be out within an hour, two at most; the servant would park nearby and wait until the Mekhet returned.
    Gideon got out of the car, wondering briefly--and not for the first time--how Shadow had gotten this property so quickly, but waved the thought away. Most likely it was something that had already been in her possession, from before she left town; he was just thankful that she had decided it would be in the Ordo's best interests to have access to it.
    Hopefully we can take better care of this one than the previous House.
    He walks up to the door and rings the buzzer.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Nosferatu Curse: Icy chill
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow answers the door shortly after the buzzer is rung. "Good evening Gideon." She steps aside and lets the man walk into the large house. She had already moved some of the furniture around to better suit their needs and catalogued everything in the house. The place was neat and tidy, not smelling of old musty not-lived in house anymore.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

Joseph rushes up to the door before Shadow closes it. "Evening"

"Good evening, Shadow," Gideon says as he steps in, looking about the house. "Good evening, Hartman," he adds when Joseph arrives. He slowly walks further in, slowly looking over everything as though trying to memorize its placement. He's quite pleased with this cursory inspection, and it's only after this lingering first look that he turns to Shadow and says, "I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to take a look at the new Chapter House and become better acquainted with it."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

Shadow shrugs. "It is here for all Dragons to use. All of them should be aquainted with it. There are also rooms to accomodate all of the Dragons should any of you need a temporary or permanent place to stay. I will be staying here. I have always taken care of the Academy's Chapter House."

Gideon sighs. "Sadly I may have to take advantage of that, at least temporarily; I was staying at the previous Chapter House and had to vacate quite quickly." He takes a few more slow steps, looking around. "This seems very... comfortable. If only all Academies had such premises at their disposal." There's more than a hint of approval in his voice.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"Is this Chapter House more secure than the last? I have a place of my own right now but being able to live here at times would help my studies."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

"I have not yet checked to see if the security system that used to be here still works. I will be having some electricians come in to take a look at it next week. I plan on making sure we have a suitable security system working at all times. As there isn't a sewer entrance here either, I think we can be sure we will be safe from what attacked the other chapter house." Shadow leads them through the rooms slowly, upstairs and downstairs as she answers questions.

Most of the decor is done in very masculine browns of wood and leather. There are a few places here and there where it appears a woman had left her touch, but for the most part it is not difficult to see this place was formerly occupied by a man with very good taste. There are stuffed huinting trophies in most of the rooms, large leather chairs, comfortable lighting and a very large kitchen and dinning area. The library looks as if it has been organized and catalogued. Most of the spare bedrooms are simply furnished. Only one seems to be done in pinks, whites, and lavenders and there is no doubt at all that it was owned by a female.

Gideon almost makes a joke when he sees the pink-and-lavender bedroom--oh, we've found Peter's room--but has the presence of mind to recognize that, not being known for his humor, they might mistake it. Too bad, too; he thought it was kind of funny.
    But better to hold his tongue in front of the Oracle.
    The library, now... oh my, yes. The library catches his eye, naturally, and he gravitates to the shelves.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    Shadow

NOS
    PRE

It is hard for Shadow not to notice Gideon moving toward the library. It was the first place she had catalogued, after all and the one place she spent the most time in. Following him into the room, she smiles slightly, knowing that he will be disappointed.

"I am afraid there is not much of the occult persuasion in this library. It was owned by an Architect of the Monolith, after all. So, it has what one would expect from a man of such a background. However, the room is large enough and there are plenty of empty shelves to fill with books more suited to our needs, should we recover any of the ones we lost that is." She watches Gideon carefully as he moves through the room, wondering if she should ask the more personal questions of him. "What blood do you hail from Gideon?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread