Watch

(1605) Luca and Konrad, Ack

THREADID
    I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

The Gangrel Priscus leads Luca to another space within the Court Commons, not that there is anywhere that really ensures privacy. Still, he doesn't wish to disturb the Haunts any further with a brewing feud.

"The only thing I need from you right now, Mr. Bonanno, is your attention and a bit of information," answers Konrad as he stuffs his hands in his pockets leisurely. "I realize you're nervous, dealing with new Kindred in a new city. This your first time to Sacramento? Either way, new time period. Well the rules ought to be mostly the same, with a few new ones."

"As you've probably heard, the Domain is ruled by Prince Clarke of Clan Ventrue, First Estate. He's given the Clan Priscii charge to Acknowledge individuals such as yourself into the Domain, with Feeding Rights and protection on the condition that you follow these Laws. You with me so far?"

Formalities weren't Konrad's favorite, but he's done this enough times to know the score. It's just a matter of educating his Family so that there weren't any screw ups causing him embarrassment. He checks first to make sure he has Luca's attention before getting into the details.

C
    CMS

Luca nodded. "Why yes of course. We keep to ourselves, and to further this goal we keep our numbers down. Lastly we do not cannibalize. Also I heard that this city does not allow for murder - a choice that his Majesty is well within his right to make." The rules were the same, and even though there were nothing to debate, Bonanno wanted to make sure that he did not come across as some sort of savage. "I completely understand the laws of the domain, as well I should by now, although thank you for asking. The informalities of power and tenancy seems to be an instrinsic part of our kinds nature" He said, and while commenting on the nature of the Kindred - winking, as to suggest an inside joke between the two.

When he was doing being witty, and trying to seem charming, he folded his hands behind his back, reassuming his posture. "I hope provide an answer for any and all questions you may have, Mr. Roth"

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"Good to know you haven't forgotten that much during your sleep. But just to be sure, I'm going to go over them again. I'll need you to listen carefully, starting now." Despite Luca's knowing wink, Konrad doesn't seem to share in the lightheartedness, though he's normally quite lighthearted himself. When it comes to wielding his powers as Priscus he can be quite serious.

"You're right, the Traditions still apply. Uphold the Masquerade, don't Sire without permission, and Diablerie is forbidden. Protection applies to Acknowledged, so you can't harm an Acknowledged Kindred or their Thralls or Havens. You can challenge others to duels but you've got to notify the Prince, your witnesses, and the challenged party first. You don't take part in the Vinculum without permission. You don't poach in the Prince's Rack. And you behave yourself at all Court functions and when in the presence of the Prince, Regents, and His Officers. You take part in Blood Hunts and provide aid to the Prince should he need it."

"As for murder, that mostly applies to Kine who work in emergency services. Police, firefighters, hospital workers, EMTs and the like. They're off limits for feeding, Ghouling or harming to keep from attracting attention."

"Now, the questions I've got for you are this. Have you ever committed the Amaranth and do you swear to follow these Laws of the Domain during your stay?"

Check for Lies, 2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-26 09:26:13 Konrad Roth rolls 6 to listen for falsehoods in Luca's answer [WIT+Sub] (1s Subtract) 9, 8, 2, 7, 3, 2 2 successes

C
    CMS

While he listened to the lecture, a slight hint of boredom crawled over his face, and although he tried to contain it, it was clear to Konrad, and other onlookers, that he had heard such a lecture, many, many times, and was familiar with how things worked in court.

"No I have not partaken in the Amaranth and I swear to uphold the Laws your have described to me from this moment forth." - Although he felt a sharp pain when the accusation of diablerie hit him, he did not flinch - knowing that he was on the right side of the law in this regard.

It was clear to Konrad, through his attempt to detect lies in Luca's posture or language that currently he was telling the truth, although it was propably clear that he did take some sort of offence, at the notion that he would even commit such an act. Also, when looking closer, one could see the hunger in Bonannos eyes, at the mention of poaching - perhaps he had not fed recently, or perhaps the pangs of hunger from his time in torpor had not yet left him.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"Good. Then you should have nothing to worry about," says Konrad as a small smirk crawls over his expression. "So, now that that's out of the way you can rest easy. Speaking of, you figure out accommodations for yourself? I imagine just waking up that you're short on assets and credentials. You might want to check with the head of the local Ordo chapter and see if they'll take you in. Grand Wyrm Regan is that tall slender fellow by that group."

Konrad nods in the direction of the spindly Shadow. "Best not to bother him now. Night's coming to a close soon anyways. But I can give you his number so you can schedule an appointment. So, any questions for me? That's pretty much the whole song and dance."

They've got some time to kill and Luca probably has a lot of catching up to do and planning for his stay. Or maybe he just wants to get out and get a taste of Blood. He's probably stored up quite the appetite.

C
    CMS

"We have our tricks to avoid the sun" he smiled knowlingy at the Priscus "Although I would very much appreciate it if you could give The Grand Wyrms number, I'm sure that I can borrow the telephone at the post office I saw down at Merkley Avenue".

He stretched out his hand, as to shake Konrads for the last time, sealing an unspoken deal. Konrad had acknowledged him and in return Luca had bowed his head to the Priscus. "Thank you for your time. When I get back on my feet, I would appreciate it if we could spend some time together. Also, if there is anything I can do for you, at any point in time, do not hesitate to contact me - It would be a great pleasure for me to be useful to you" Luca said. His eyes making it clear that work came with the price of friendship, or atleast non-hated. "If you have nothing more for me, I will get going - there is a lot of buisness waiting for me."

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

Konrad accepts the handshake, though he's not entirely convinced that Luca has all his ducks in a row.

"I'm thinking of having a Family meeting soon. Keep an eye out for a notice. We can meet up then if I don't see you beforehand. If you're looking to make yourself useful, I'm sure I can think of something."

What that would be would entirely depend on what Luca is capable of. The Dragons were too guarded to give up their secrets easily, and they'd probably go over Konrad's head anyways. The rest would depend on how well his cousin adapts to his new environment.

C
    CMS

"I'll contact you once I've settled in, dear Priscus." Luca said, showing only the sligthest hint of satisfaction with his newfound acknowledgement.

When he had exchanged contact information with Mr. Roth, he politely and carefully made his way out of Elysium, trying not to seem too smug and failing horribly at that.

Ready to wrap it up?

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

The encounter with his cousin had been unusual. The Gangrel had a smug way of speaking. It doesn't bother Konrad, who acts pretty smug himself now and then. A businessman has to keep an air of confidence about them, a reassurance to clientele that they could back up their offers. What did Luca have to offer, Konrad wonders as he returns to the center of Court.

Konrad returns to the main thread

Closed Thread