(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice hadn't known what to expect when she entered the Asylum, but it wasn't what her unreal amethysts saw. Nope.Nope.Nope. Wearing a demure, peter pan collared blouse, paired with a printed skirt, made the haunt feel decidedly out of her depth, and probably look like a deer caught in the headlights at she stood a little dumbly just off to the side of the entrance.

Her cheeks heating up with the Vitae she'd used to fake life, as her unreal amethysts skitter over the...forms of the kine gathered, as she searches out the women she'd come to see.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Noting for expenditure.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Casual chatter and laughter floods most of the main floor, with the occasional moan of pleasure (or pain?) that pierces through it every now and then. While some patrons might seem more scantily dressed than others, Alice can also see that there are some dressed in more formal attire like she is, at least until it's time to have it removed, cut, ripped off of them.

Off to the side, Alice can see a pair of legs hidden under pinstripe dress slacks, jet black Doc Martens poking out from the leg holes. Attached to the waistband are two suspenders, slung over a black tank top. Katya sits watching the crowd, one of the clubs' loaner canes in hand having used it in a previous session. Her hair is held up in a bun and her pale features practically make her glow under the lights.

Spotting Alice, Katya rises from her seat and approaches her, a small grin on her face. As she gets closer, Alice can see the flesh around Katya's collar bone heave up and down, indicating she is counterfeiting life while among the crowd.

"Welcome Miss Hart, may I say that is a stunning outfit you chose for this evening." she says as her eyes scan Alice from head to tow. Looking back up she says "Come follow me" before gesturing for Alice to follow her through the crowd and to the back where she has a private room reserved.

The music in the club begins to fade and she can see other play areas in the distance, lit by soft light to give just enough for its players to see, but enough darkness to keep some level of intimacy. Leading Alice down a hallway of doors, muffled sounds of kine acting out their desires escape through the small crevice of the doors. Leather cracks, flesh pops from impact and screams are impossible to discern if someone is in agony or ecstasy, but Katya doesn't seem to notice. She does however turn to say "I thank you for meeting me here as it's a bit more convenient timing wise, I understand if the er...stimuli is a bit much to take in."

Once she reaches the end to a door with green, yellow and red lights alongside it, Katya produces a key with a green tassel from her pants pocket. "This room will grant us some privacy." she says as she opens it and waits for Alice to step in.

Inside, there is a circular couch along with an ottoman. Also within the room is an array of dark leather furniture, unique in that there are metal rings attached to them.On the other half of the room was a concrete wall with metal hooks and rings placed all over it. A St. Andrew's Cross is also placed there as well as a marble counter with a metal sink in the wall adjacent to it. The room doesnt' look like it's been in use...yet.

Katya closes the door and sets the intercom settings to private before asking "Now then, what is it you wished to speak to me about?" as she sits down on a couch, gesturing for Alice to sit wherever she wishes.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Her unreal amethysts she the rationally pale beauty that is the women Alice came to meet. The Wraith wakes, she knows were they anywhere else - other then the within the women's seats of power - where here she is mistress, and court where she is sceneschal - Alice could take her.

That however would defeat the purpose of ever meeting the women, so Alice willed the Wraith and it's ice away, "Thank you Miss Harding." reply to the complement given. Then follows after Katya, her gemstone eyes, darting every-which-way. Trying to see, and not, all that dwells within the walls of the Asylum. For a girl who'd never even been clubbing before...this certainly was...something.

"It's...no problem." Distractedly, Alice answers, "I'm not employed. I know it's easier on those who are, to work around their schedule."

When Katya opens the door, to allow them inside, Alice steps through the doorway, only slightly worried that she gave the savage her back.

Alice listens to Katya's question before she to, joins the women on the couch. Only she settles herself on the edge. Afraid to truly relax, both because of where they were, and because of the nervous energy coursing through her. "Originally I had only certain questions to ask you." Alice tries to settle herself a little more. "But now, I have other questions in mind that have nothing to do with that topic." Isn't that what always happens though? "But maybe we should start with why I originally asked you for your time. I have questions about the Circle of the Crone."

s
    sumthingpositiv

It doesn't surprise Katya that Alice chooses to keep their distance, respecting her established bubble and remains still as Alice frames her answer...with the inquiry of questions. So many questions from someone whom Katya had somewhat little contact with, what questions were unrelated to her original and how would she organize the hierarchy of what information mattered to her first?

To Katya's surprise, she doesn't expect the name of her covenant to escape Alice's lips, particularly when she had seen Alice at the Moore House not too long ago. It was at least a pleasant surprise. "My time is yours, so I will gladly ask whatever is most important to you at the best of my ability. I suppose before I ask you what your first question is, I'd like to know what it is you know about the Circle of the Crone, even if it's nothing, and what inspired your curiosity?" It's clear Alice could have easily said no to Katya's invitation at the Asylum and that she didn't need to call so there was some force driving her hunger for knowledge.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"My Requiem has been relativity short. I probably know less then your average Kindred." Alice admits. She's never hidden that she's young. Robert could probably do the math, and figure out how young she is, she gave him the answer, but he was Family. Katya was not. "I know that you worship the Crone. And that the Crone is seen in many guises." That's what she figured after listening to Silver speaking to Brittany and Whip Antinori at Court. "That's it I guess. Oh. And the rumors of the Circle's blood magic-y stuff." Alice shrugs, with the Vitae flowing through her, her inhuman strings pulled shrug is absent. In it's place is some, more natural, but still twitchy.

"My curiosity...." Alice begins after a moment. "When I first arrived, I was content to be Unbound. I've been this way since my Embrace, and it's been working. But Regent Gilroy, then simply Priscus and Bishop, asked me to come to a lecture on the Lancea Sanctum, I didn't think to refuse. I was a new arrival and he Priscus of the Haunts." Alice's memory is pulled to that night. "It was only myself and Priscus Roth that attended that night." her eyes, sharp like the gemstones they imitated, seemed to lose focus as her mind turned back. "I felt something then, a resonance when I realized something, Gilroy was droning on in his way. My mind snarled upon other things." Alice's eyes focus, and she looks at the pale beauty, instead of her hands, of the room around them. "When I was human I believed in god, and the devil, heaven and hell. I still believe that now. The difference is...I didn't believe in vampires. So it's not a stretch to imagine that there is more one god. Right?" Alice shakes her head, she's gotten all turned around. "What I want to know if it's only the Lance that would speak to me like that or...if...." Alice trails off.

s
    sumthingpositiv

Katya nods as Alice gives her a very brief account of her knowledge of the Acolytes, her mouth stretching into a thin line, making it unclear of it's hinting at amusement or something else, at least Alice didn't drop a bomb on her that hinted she knew more than she should. Rather than correct her, she lets Alice answer the next question

Katya recalls that night of the lecture, the long monologues Kenneth gave, recounting the long history of the Lancea Sanctum, most striking to her was how it was documented and how different creeds seemed to survive based on their perceived "use" rather than whether they were believed to be following the right path. It was something Katya was able to step back and look at without questioning her own faith, but she could easily see how something like this would open doors for Alice.

"Well your perception of the Crone is correct, we do believe and dabble in such things." she says with a polite smile. "The dichotomy of God and Devil might be simple enough to make sense with everyday situations, particularly as mortals. But as you said, once you descended into the current state you're in now, well, it's good to hear that you realize that dichotomies fail to provide kindred enough 'room' to make sense of themselves or others."

She shifts her legs and sets the cane down, letting it lean against the couch. "The Circle of the Crone does allow for more ambiguity in that sense, allowing its members to identify with whichever higher power they feel in tune with. Indeed, there are some deities I myself am not aware of that David Silver has shared with me. What's important in this sense is that, there are no limits to defining 'God' or 'Devil', they can remain the same with different names and myths, or they can be reshaped into something different. Once that new myth is clear, it can sometimes provide a new path for that person to go down and open them up to perspectives and growth they might not have considered otherwise. Her eyes stare blankly for a moment, thinking back to her time as Seneschal and the things she's witnessed and done that she would not have if she had avoided that role.

Her head shakes to bring her back to give Alice her full attention. "What does 'God' and 'Devil' mean to you? What comes to mind when you hear these words and what are your thoughts on vampires' relationships with deities?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Katya speaks, and Alice listens.

A nod of her head, her ghostly hair following the movement, at least what Alice thought she knew wasn't wrong. "Exactly." Alice breathed, the dichotomy between what was once known, and how everything made sense, to now, where nothing does. At least not like that.

Alice eyes the colorful cane Katya rests against the couch. Half wondering why the women had one, and why it was in that color. The flushes, because she'd read enough naughty harlequin romances that she could imagine.

"Ambiguity..." Alice tastes the word upon her tongue, "Does that mean that if I were to find a place among you, that if my own opinions and beliefs, differed from yours, or Mr. Silver's...I would still be accepted?" Alice asks before she let her mind turnover the question Katya posed to her.

"When I was mortal...God was always good, and the Devil was used to cure my name. Or to threaten me with. My mother was a firm believer that I was a 'Devil's Child'. Which, when I grew older I pointed out that I did come from her womb...that always shut her up." Alice says, a smirk upon her lips, but it fell away as she began speaking once more. "But now, as a vampire...I don't believe the opposite is automatically true. I believe..." Alice pauses, struggling to put her thoughts into words for another to hear. Alice shrugs once more, looking a little lost. "Before Sacramento. Whenever I heard 'God' or 'Devil' I felt betrayed. I guess. I've always thought that there had to be a reason for why I was born the way I was, that I had a purpose. Then I died. Now....after a few years, and nearly a half year here. I think I feel the same way I had when I was alive. That there is a purpose, a reason for everything. That our unlives mean something. And I'm just trying to figure out where I belong in the grand scheme of things. But I don't know how well this answers your question." Alice falls quite, trying to align her thoughts once more. "Sorry. I'm just all..." she shrugs again. "And about vampires and our relationship with other deities...I can believe that there is one. A relationship I mean...with various deities...it's easy to believe, when we all can use Blood gifts. And wonky vamp-y magic. And stuff."

Alice bites her lip, as she falls silent once more. Her thoughts are scattered, and she knows her answers show it.

s
    sumthingpositiv

As tempting and amusing as it is for Katya to enjoy seeing Alice blush, she stays in the moment and responds to her question with a nod. " Yes of course. One common thread among Acolytes, at least from my own experience, is that we understand there is no direct path to the Dark Mother that fits for all and indeed, how she speaks to me might not be the same for David or you. While we could place a judgment on each other for difference in opinion, that denies us the potential to find new perspectives." her eyes shift to the cane once more "My own sire didn't quite agree with my practices regarding my hobby, but she understood how it could help me grow within the Circle in other ways." her lip curls as and then her eyes widen as if an epiphany hits her. "Have you spoken to David Silver at all? Not exactly about joining but have you at least heard his thoughts on the Circle?"

At Alice's retort to her mother, Katya chuckles, and then lets it quickly pass, the moment of levity passing like a breeze. "Well it sounds like your mother used God and Devil as disciplinary tools rather than ways for you to understand your sense of the world, you're right in feeling that that might be insufficient in shedding light on purpose." her eyes shift to the ground as she plays with the word "purpose" in her head, not a word she explicitly used but she could easily translate purpose into gateway and that meant a lot to her.

The use of "magick-y" "stuff" almost brings a grin out of Katya but the responsible Acolyte in her doesn't want to let the topic of 'gifts' become the focus of the conversation. "the language of our gifts and how they manifest, is part of the exploration in learning about the Dark Mother in whichever manifestation that is." she says as she looks back to Alice. "And purpose...that is a weighted concept that I would agree might not be answered in the God Devil dichotomy. To be completely honest, it might be the case that in exploring other deities you still won't find 'purpose. However, I think 'purpose' is a good start in identifying a path to the Dark Mother and seeing if the relationship between you both is worth nurturing." everyone had their own reasons for Faith and Katya wanted to be receptive to what Alice's initial desires were.

"If you are truly interested in joining us, it is an ideal time as our numbers are small and I think David and I can both provide enough time with you to provide guidance. That being said, I understand being Unbound was an important part of your identity, so I'm curious to know if there are any reservations you might have in pursuing this further? Any previous commitments to others that you might feel conflicted with?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Mister Silver?" Alice echos. "Sort of, but not really. I was present when he was speaking to Whip Antinori, and Brittany about various deities. Well it was more about symbolism, and fashion, then deities. I'm sorry, but I haven't really spoken to him." Alice explains with a slight shake of her head.

Alice nodded after Katya's chuckle dies down and she speaks. Her mom was a mega bitch, but her thoughts of the past is quickly diverted at the last few words, 'shedding light on purpose.' and the continuation of their conversation.

"Purpose." Alice says, once more echoing the other women. "Yes, I've always strived for 'purpose', but I think I'm finding it. It's tied to the other questions I have for you, but I've found a purpose in caring for the-" Alice almost says the Deep Kingdom, but wonders if Gilroy wants that to be a Family only secret, so she continues with, "Necropolis. Regent Gilroy's named me Caretaker, and Keeper of the Underground. I'm in charge whenever he is not present." Alice explains, and perhaps if sheds light upon the other sort of question she wishes to ask of the savage.

"But that has nothing to do with my faith, except for the fact that my Priscus, and Regen of the Underground which he's named me Caretaker of, is Bishop of the Lancea Sanctum...if I do join the Circle, instead of the Lance, would I be betraying..." She looks down at her hands, still clasped onto of her lap. "I thought that I wasn't apart of a Covenant because no one would want me. Not that I didn't want to be apart of one. Then I thought that joining one would give me a place to belong, but I've found here in Sacramento that Family does that for you. None of my original reasons for wanting to be apart of a Covenant are valid anymore, except that I don't want to see my faith wither and die. Not when I've only just gave it a voice. I know that there is a reason for us. Right? There has to be. I want to know if I...maybe not to demand answers, but to find fulfillment with my faith - ambiguous and ethereal as it is right one now, and give it not just a voice, but words and...." Alice falls silent, worried that she sounds like an idiot. "Does that make any sense?" she asks after a moment, looking up at Katya through the fringe of her ghostly locks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread