Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

1605 Invictus Garden Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the evening's guests approached the front of the Ballo Della Notte theater, they could see through the glass doors warm flickering lights, an early indication that instead of being swept to the backrooms, tonight's gathering would be held in the antechamber.

At hand to open the door for each, stood Kalos. His suit was neither dark grey nor green but a blend of both that he wore with ease. And beyond him, was an evening garden party.

Trees scattered below the existing chandeliers filled the theater's entrance. The lights dimmed both manually and by the shadows cast by the trees.

In the center of the area was a table around which were 7 iron wrought chairs. In front of 6 of the chairs rested a teacup and saucer. Nestled inside each tea cup was either a handkerchief or small scarf of high quality silk.

Tea cup 1 was gold with a deep purple handkerchief.

Tea cup 2 was red with a gold scarf.

Tea cup 3 was gold with a purple scarf.

Tea cup 4 was gold with a purple scarf.

Tea cup 5 was black, rimmed with gold and filled with a green handkerchief.

Seats and Tea cup arrangement:
    [1]
    [2] [ ]
    [3] [4]
    [ ] [5]

Not seated at the table but meandering through trees that surround it is Twist looking perfectly at home amongst the shadows and trees in her dress. Gold heels give the shorter Daeva an extra number of inches, her dark hair swept up into a 1950s curled style. Gold glitters from ear, throat and wrist.

Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes Forn Clakes, West, Orianna liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening, Kalos."

Asa gave a nod and a smile to the ghoul as he waited for his own to enter first. A genuine greeting, an echo of years long past. The smile turned curious as Asa looked up and around, smiling at the decorations. H'd known, but seeing was different than simply considering a description. And his knowing was obvious by his dress.

Similar to Twist's, but far less colorful, his outfit was a suit of creamy-white linen that was the hallmark of any southern outdoor evening get-together. The barest hint of yellow to the fabric was only revealed by the snow-white dress shirt he wore under it. Casual, and with out a tie, the only splash of color was a purple starwort tucked into the lapel's buttonhole. Like a shadow, Cozette Muriel was dressed the opposite. A formal black tuxedo with tails flattened and obscured the ghoul's curves and only the white shirt and wisps of golden hair that escaped from under her cap relieved the darkness. She carried a briefcase, which she opened opened after studying the table and began setting velvet boxes behind the teacups.

"I like this," Asa smiled warmly at Twist. His eyebrows arched and he looked around. "This, too."

He glanced at her dress as if her appearance was an afterthought, teasing the Daeva before bending down to kiss her cheek.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

4. Likes Forn Clakes liked this post
    C
    Cartographer

Timothy's father had drilled into him the importance of punctuality. It was a lesson that had carried on into unlife as well, and it fit with the Invictus...

At least until he saw the Prince and Archon. Fuck. Me. If only he had waited longer to arrive this could have been avoided. Being alone with these two elders was bad enough, but catching kiss on the cheek made him feel like he'd just invaded something. Proper etiquette dictated that Timothy not speak to his betters unless first spoken to, but there was no one else present. No one to provide proper introductions or the opportunity to apologize for interrupting. It was anxiety producing to say the least.

Timothy keeps the discomfort from showing, though only just barely. At least he was properly dressed. A slim fitting midnight suit with a matching shirt and tie are adorned with gold cuff links, and a golden cherry blossom on his lapel.

The Ventrue took a standing position near the table and facing Asa and Twist . There was no one else to do the duty, so he would risk taking the initiative. "Beg your pardon for the interruption, Your Graces. I am Master Timothy Reese of Clan Ventrue. Timothy's body became rigid as he dipped into a deep bow. "It seems I've arrived a earlier than is proper."

PRE

There was little ornament to the dress of the Reeve as she entered the theatre. Beneath the severe fall of raven black hair and the perfectly applied make-up was a corpse in a black suit whose shirt was of silver silk and whose jacket was of black velvet with satin lapels and silver piping. It was as much uniform as it was a favorite ensemble, and in the time that Josephine had been within the Domain, it had perhaps even transcended the habitual into the the realm of the traditional.

At least, that was the generous outlook which she chose to take when considering her outfit. Clothing, after all, could carry just as many messages as a letter when one dressed well. So, to wear the same ensemble without deviation therefore presented the same message, time and again. So, perhaps for some, the outfit had merely become tiresome to perceive. Dull as a once-favorite poem read continuously throughout the centuries...

Nevertheless, that was what the Reeve wore when she appeared within the theatre. A polite nod was given to the Archon's ghoul before she stalked inside, her steps carrying her forward in a cadence that strangely resembled the beating of wings. A sharp look was given to the stranger that stood, unexpected, within the meeting space. The stench of hell emanated as strong from him as it did within her, and the instinct to let fangs fall from gums and seek out exposed flesh shivered through her. Ignored. She did not challenge him, but instead walked to the table to observe the arrangements.

A small smile appeared as she recognized the symbols that served as their place cards, and then confidently stood behind the fourth chair.

Raising her eyes once more, she set her gaze upon the elder kindred within the room.

"Good evening, most honorable alder Asa Clarke, Judex and Duke of Sacramento. And a good evening to you as well, most venerable alder Twist, Archon and Duchess of Sacramento."

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Ciara is the next to arrive, wearing an outfit that unintentionally mimicked the Reeve's. Likewise arriving in black, the more flattering cut of Ciara's suit hid the dark purple shirt and necklace she wore underneath; with only the golden chain running down either side of her neck.

She offer's the attending Ghoul a warm smile as he mans the door; a smile that only grows as the transformation of the Ballo Della Notte into a pastoral scene. The expression quickly fades, however, as the twin Beasts of Sterling and Reese assault her senses; her own rage demanding to spill their Blood all over the cream colored suit of the Prince.

Ciara forces her anger back into it's proper place, using the slow approach towards the table to mask any unpleasantness from her fellow Invictus. She pauses for just a moment to study the teacups, surprised to find the Reeve standing behind the right-most position of the twin Ventrue place settings. The Priscus makes her way over to the seat opposite Josephine; a pale hand resting on the chair's back as she turns to Asa and Twist. A deep bow follows, and when Ciara straightens herself, the smile has returned to her lips.

"Good evening, Alder Duke; Alder Duchess. Archon Twist, you have outdone yourself with tonight's theme. Such a wonderful transformation."

She then turns towards her Clanmate across the table; Ciara's smile dimming into a more respectful and restrained expression. "Good evening to you, Reeve Sterling."

Finally, she turns to Timothy. "And good evening to you, Master Reese."
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

M
    Matrixchild

Joseph had never been to Ballo Della Notte so he was quite pleased to see the choice of the meeting. He enjoyed the theater, and hoped to come back to partake in a show at some point. He still had not established a firm hold of his finances in the city, so a simple black suit with a white shirt and red tie it was. He was growing tired of having to wear the same simple outfit, but he had learned in his early years that patience for the good life truly was a virtue.

As he entered he offered a polite nod to the attending ghoul before heading inside. There was a struggle with his first glance into the room: a struggle between his beast and his desire to take in the antichamber. His beast as usual won out as he fought anger against the Reeve and the new man he had yet to meet and he fought fear at the sight of Ciara. Her exposed beast was so strong in comparison to his that he inwardly hoped she would find a teacher to help her hide it. Or maybe he heed to grow stronger himself. Focusing away from his fear he settled on the rising the urge to run and the urge to grab the nearest object and bash the other two kindred into pools of vitae. Thankfully, Twist and the Prince concealed their own beasts. He could only imagine how fearsome their beasts must be.

As he approached he first offered a gracious bow and a smile to the Prince. "Alder Duke Clarke, good evening Your Grace." He then turned politely to Twist and said, "Alder Duchess Twist, good evening to you as well Your Grace. Your theater is absolutely marvelous," he said with a friendly smile. He felt at times he had to overcompensate with niceties. His curse did have the sad effect of making him appear as if he had some ulterior motive to his every action and his blood made it hard to correct those impressions with emotions.

Next on the list was Ciara and the Reeve, so he addressed them together. "Alder Priscus Maskelyne, Reeve Sterling, good evening to both of you as well," he said with a smile and a slight bow of his head, less extravagant than what he'd given the Duke and Duchess of course.

Following Ciara's lead Joseph said after her, "Good evening to you Master Reese, I am Mister Joseph Greenberg of clan Nosferatu."

His eyes then landed on the table. Five spaces, six Kindred. The fifth and final cup, black and gold with a green handkerchief. At least he knew where to sit, black and green made it clear whose seat it was. His.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Kalos bowed deeply from the waist, "Good evening your grace."

A smile lit up Twist's face at Asa's words, his teasing only lending an edge of laughter to her clear joy as she smoothly tilted her head to receive the greeting kiss. For all that their relationship was open, it was nonetheless rare to have a moment in the city environment where she could fully indulge and enjoy having him near..

As was evident by the arrival of Timothy. With a small matter of will, Twist held back her beast from turning her look of regret at loosing the privacy of the moment into something snarling. Turning to the man smoothly, her dress rustled as she glanced briefly at Asa, noting that he was one of his. It was becoming more than impressive how many of the tea cups were filled with purple these days.

Behind, moving with purpose was Josephine. No surprise there of course in her dress or mannerisms. And then Ciara, a stronger hand was used against Twist's beast at her arrival to be sure, and finally Greenberg.

A small exhalation, a subtle left over habit from days when breathing mattered, a gesture to the only one near enough to hear that she already missed his lips against her skin. And then stepping forward toward the table she nodded in greeting to the others, each nod varying in depth depending on their position and status within the city.

"Welcome Master Reese. Reeve Sterling and Priscus Maskelyne- I hope the evening finds you both well. Good evening Mister Greenberg."

Stepping toward the table she herself stood behind the #2 seat.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Far better to arrive too early than to stay too late."

Asa winked at Twist, a reminder of a door once closing, before straightening to offer Timothy a polite smile. Polite, but not friendly. At least, at first, there was far too much ivory shown and a predatory focus to the eyes to mirror the Beast within. Only the rapid succession of continued predators kept the reaction from being wholly hidden -- but arrive they did, one after the other, each one the ragged talon of a bloody challenge.

The three Ventrue each got a nod of greeting, the last to Ciara accompanied by a genuine smile.

And... Greenberg. Who knew how long that one had been watching, or what he'd hoped to see.

"Good evening to you all, Archon, Priscus Maskelyne, Reeve Sterling, Masters Greenberg and Reese."
    Asa smoothly went down the list of names as if reading from a script that had neatly ordered them by their standing. And perhaps it was he who was reading the script, subtly informing each of their place -- and the places above and below. "And of course thank your for hosting with a setting as lovely as the Clan your preside over."

Asa nodded to Twist before moving to his own seat. For a moment he paused, his eyes resting on the non-setting across from Twist. The small muscles at the base of his jaw twitched.

May, 2016. The first time I ever almost laughed at an Invictus meeting.

Asa sat, and gestured for the others to join him.

"Before we begin, Masters Greenberg and Reese, would you share with us a bit about yourselves, and how you came to the Unconquered? More to the point, how you've come to find yourself alone in this Domain without a Sponsor or proper Title. I think the first order of business should be whether or not the Sacramento Unconquered will accept this irregularity and if anyone will volunteer to be your minder."
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

11. Likes Mykel, Forn Clakes, Wod.Infant liked this post
    C
    Cartographer

It seemed as if as soon as his mouth was opened the other Unconquered entered the room and negated his apology. Still at the Prince's command, Timothy joined the others in taking his seat. The final seat at the end of the table across from Greenberg would do. He had no standing after all.

There is a glance to Greenberg and then turns to the rest of the table. Neither of them had standing the difference was a cup and a placeholder. Nothing more. "Your Grace, I am formerly of the Domain of Seattle. I was embraced in the noble Ventrue line of the Most Honorable Alder Fujita Kunimasa, by his grandchilde the former Alder Fujita Okada. As such the Invictus is a part of my heritage. I was instructed in managing the affairs of our house and in the Art of the Blade, which my great-grandsire brought with him to this continent." Timothy recites this with a distinctly formal tone, and there is no emotion in his voice. Then he pauses.

There was no shame in his actions. His honor was preserved when he left Seattle, but it was a vulnerability to his past. To hide it, though, would be an admission of guilt and complicity in his family's shame. "A number of years ago my sire committed a violation against our Prince, our Domain, and all Kindred. In so doing, he sought to pull our entire family into his disgrace. I performed harakiri to absolve myself of my oath to him. With his death so went the Unconquered of Seattle, and I have not stayed in a place long enough again affiliate with the covenant again."

He offers a grateful smile to Ciara. "Alder Priscus Maskelyne was gracious enough to grant my Acknowledgment within your Domain, but we have not had the time to discuss a prospective sponsor for me. Though my personal honor was preserved in the rite of harakiri, I hope that I will be granted the privilege of re-earning a proper Title in Sacramento, and through that, finally put to rest the shadow of my former Domain." A somber look returns to Timothy's face. He had done all he could.

M
    Matrixchild

Soon after he had arrived the Prince brought the meeting to a start. Taking his seat in front of his black and gold cup, he listened to the Prince. Reese then began his spiel about honor and harakiri, which was Joseph frankly could not related to. If a Kindred back home had brought dishonor you stepped over their body on the way to the top not joined them in the hole. That was the accepted rule of his family.

As the man came to a close Joseph offered a smile to all and started. "Originally, your Grace, I came from Russia, which is where I first learned of the Unconquered. My sire was of the First Estate and so were all this childe. It was not by choice for me, but by birth. After coming to America I sought to find my own way which is what led me to Detroit, which did not, at the time I left, have a particularly strong Unconquered presence. I spent many years lapsed from both the Unconquered and the church, focused on merely my own personal gain, something I regret deeply. With my time there coming to a close I decided that I would take this opportunity to start anew, both with my profession by starting fresh as a lawyer here, as well as to get back to my beliefs and recommit myself to the Unconquered. Finally, I have been given the opportunity to choose the correct path, instead of merely following the assumed one."

He turned to look at the others at the table again with a friendly smile before returning his gaze to the Prince. "I sincerely hope that you will allow me to serve Your Grace and the Sacramento Unconquered and earn the right to truly call myself one of the Unconquered," he said, bowing his head respectfully.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread