Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

"Things have been busy." he said to Konrad. "Between implementing plans for the Underground and the incident with the poachers last court, I haven't even had time to draft another lecture. I’m doing well though, thank you. And yourself? The duties of a Priscus are never done.” Gilroy’s neck jerked horrifically towards Luca and his desire for an audience. However, beneath the obvious, there was also the question of whether Konrad was planning on doing his sermon soon. Not to mention the appointment to Harpy (which would obviate any Priscus responsibilities).
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

C
    CMS

Luca made an effort to smile at the worm, even though something about him made his stomach turn. Luca streched his polite smile as Gilroy refenced the duties of a Priscus, hoping to not force himself into otherwise polite social conversation. A cat-like creature in his chest started growling. Not the hiss of a scared cat, nor the lazy yawn of a lion who spots a zebra, no - it was the growling of a dog defending it's territory. A part of Luca wanted nothing more than to rip out the skull of Konrad and bathe in what remained. The beast wanted conflict, it wanted to be maim the Priscus ever so badly and it wanted it now.

But like so many other Kindred before him, he did nothing. Making a concerted effort not to stare directly at the Priscus, so as to maintain propper etiquette for a vampire of his current standing. One musn't make a mess he thought to himself. Luca had made sure to place himself within Konrads line of sight, chest clearly pointing towards him, like a waiting servant - although he had the sneaking suspicion that Konrad did not see him as such, atleast not if his roars like mine he reasoned.

I've Done Things... Bad Things.

Domain Status (Bloodhunted)
    Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

"I just saw the proclamation on my way in. Guess congratulations are in order, Regent." Had anyone else been betting on his horse? "Busy for me too. There's a lot of things stirring up lately. You hear about Villiers? Guess she got the blowback from that poaching business."

Martha had always been Konrad's excuse to visit and make use of the Elysium. With her absent he'd have to consider schedule his meetings elsewhere.

"Makes me wonder if there's a bigger problem at hand. She mentioned in her memo of a Kindred gang stalking the edges of the city. I was thinking of looking into that."

Before Konrad can go further with his remarks, he notes the Kindred standing nearby and realizes they've been staring at him off and on. "Can I help you with something, pal?" he asks in unfriendly sharpness.

C
    CMS

You know this He thought to himself, and then spoke Lucas voice was soft and deep. He was trying to mask the fact that all he wanted, was to give in to the beast and jump the Priscus - but he did not. So therefore his words were soft, with a of power, should it be needed. "I was wondering if I might ask for a moment of your time, to seek your acknowledgement, dear Priscus. Although if the time is bad, I'll gladly schedule a later meet." he said, trying to come of as respectful and yet not a force to be easily ignored. Luca made a distinct effort to not let it show that he was ready to pounce on Konrad, the beast roaring in his chest. He was very aware that this, his first introduction in a new city, could make or break his political career, and so tried his best to come across as the kind of man you wanted to acknowledge - whatever that looked like...

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-19 09:07:12 Luca Bonanno rolls 6 to First Impression (Manipulation + Socialize) (10 Again) 8, 6, 8, 7, 10, 10, 8, 6 5 successes

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross returns Konrad's nod, the beast burning with anger and fear in his chest, "Priscus Roth. A pleasure," before turning back to Gilroy, "Wanted only to give you a proper greeting, Priscus. And offer my assistance at court tonight, if you should need it for any reason." The burned man certainly is on his best behavior.

There is another topic he hopes to discuss, but the arrival of yet another beast, this one seemingly stronger than Roth's, makes Cross' voice catch in his throat. He falls silent as his betters converse, his eyes moving between them and Luca. So many monsters in one place... Maybe it's better to stay underground, where the thing inside him went largely unprovoked, even if the peculiarities of his family could prove unnerving.

At Roth's harshly intoned question, Cross shifts ever so slightly toward his Priscus, looking to shield Gilroy should things get ugly. After all, from everything he's heard, court has proved a fairly dangerous place as of late. At the new-comer's reply, he relaxes slightly, but continues to watch the exchange, silent and wary.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

“Thank you for your congratulations. Though, I am still just a servant to the Prince.” Gilroy’s Curse made that all too easy to believe.

Konrad’s other statements, while accurate, seemed dangerous to be said so bluntly (and outloud) in court.

“I had heard that Miss Villers was no longer Keeper.” Though whether that was a result of the poachers or something else, he didn’t speculate. “I look forward to seeing who the Prince will name as her replacement.” His mention of a bigger problem Kenneth wasn’t willing to comment on. It was too close to sedition to suggest the Domain was anything but stable (even if there were poachers, traitors and monsters barely hidden in the shadows.

Luca’s introduction (despite the fact that Kenneth had to hold down his urge to run) seemed sincere and non-threatening.

Impressed 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-22 14:08:16 Kenneth Gilroy rolls 5 to Wits+Empathy (10 Again) 9, 7, 10, 5, 7, 10, 1 3 successes

Robert’s slight step didn’t go unnoticed. Or unappreciated. The anger and frustration towards Cross was still there but Kenneth had to admit that he couldn’t hold onto a grudge forever.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

5'10" 158lbs (72kg), Konrad has narrow dark blue eyes and sandy brown hair. He looks to be in his late twenties and often is seen wearing a heavy leather overcoat and sneakers.

PRE

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-05-22 15:16:29 Konrad Roth rolls 5 to resist Luca's social charms [COM+Emp] (10 Again) 1, 9, 5, 3, 3 1 success

The deferential and respectful elegance in the stranger's words seems like music to calm the Savage's Beast. At least enough that he'd feel like a heel to bite off the man's head after such a polite greeting.

"Hrm, oh yeah, sure. No, it's no problem," answers Konrad, changing his tune to be more inclusive. "Always got time for Family. This is, er, Robert Cross and Priscus and Regent, Kenneth Gilroy, of Clan Nosferatu." He says as makeshift introductions.

"So, what's your name, stranger?" It seems Konrad's not quite ready to disengage from his conversation with the Regent and decides rather to include his cousin.

C
    CMS

Luca smiled. He turned around quickly. He thought to himself, and then proceeded to speak. "My name is Luca Bonanno, if you're a stickler for titles, I could present myself as the Dedicated and Esoteric Onyx Scribe of Blessed Unearthly Pain - but you don't strike me as that kinda man" Luca made sure to speak his title at a slightly slower pace, in case someone of the Order was present to pick it up. He smiled the smile of a man who had just made an insightful joke, and offered his hand to the Priscus, then to the Regent and lastly ti Cross. His grip was firm, but cold. It seemed like the handshake that sealed some sort of deal, even though it was merely an introduction. If they do not shake his hand, he simply proceeds to the next in line, keeping his opinions to himself.

"My apologies for interrupting your conversation, Lord Regent and Mr. Cross." He said in a way that made it clear that he was not sorry, but that he knew the rules of the game enough to pretend that he was. "I merely found it of utmost importance to introduce myself at the first possible moment. As for me, I have been a member of the Ordo Dracul for close to a century now, if my math is correct - you will have to excuse my guesswork here, I read in the paper that the year was 2016, and assumed it to be correct." Luca folded his hands in front of him, in a slight show of insecurity - not because he felt threatened, but because he knew that he might pounce, if he did not hold himself in check. The beasts growls slowly, ever so slowly, died out in his chest, becoming ever more familiar with these new predators that he would soon call friends - well, maybe that was stretching it, more like acquaintances.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross takes Luca's hand when it is offered, despite his every instinct screaming against it. "Mr. Bonanno," is all he says by way of greeting. His tone is respectful, but his brevity makes it clear that he's also apprised of the rules of the game. Old, is what the burned man is thinking. And that title... Must be a dragon thing. Cross can't make heads or tails of it. Not that it matters. If he lingers, it's only to ensure Gilroy does not need him. For now he remains a silent observer, content to watch as events unfold--and, frankly, to see how Roth would handle the newcomer.

Status (Criminals) ••
    Presence •• (Wallflower)
    Konrad Roth

PRE

"You'd be right," remarks Konrad, taking the handshake in stride while fighting the temptation of his Beast to crush the man's digits. "I don't care much for titles," he confirms.

"A Dragon, eh? Sounds like you just got up from a dirtnap." The way he mentions his age sounds almost like he's just as surprised at the length of time as anyone else might be. "Never had to myself, mind you. But I've heard it happens among the elder of our kind." Which begs the question of just how long old Bonanno has been around.

"Me, I'm part of the Carthian Movement. Been so for a little over a year now." Less impressive, but everyone's got to start somewhere.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread