Ciara Maskelyne
    Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty)
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

Timothy made passing glances at those around the room. There was no judgment in his face, maybe a hint of sadness, but nothing more. There were beauties and there were beasts. Some even seemed to be mingling with one another. Rather than interrupt, he moved his gaze to the lone figures in the room. The gentleman closest to him was a handsome fellow, but his attention was elsewhere, and so Timothy's eyes moved on...

She might be able to help. Her body seemed to be drawing his eyes in more and more. Had it not been for the might of her Beast Timothy might have forgotten what she was. Instead he composes himself once more and approaches. "Beg you pardon ma'am. I am Timothy Reese, and I was hoping you might direct me to the proper authority for Acknowledgment."
    Ciara turns before Timothy addresses her; the soft footfalls of the approaching man sending a new shiver of anger up and down her spin. This Beast was new to her, her inner demon bristling that one so small would dare to think it could approach. As the thin Ventrue fully faces the new arrival, she forces the mental image of pale fingers sinking into his throat from her mind; masking the wicked desire with a welcoming smile.

"Good evening, Mr Reese; I am Alder Priscus Maskelyne. I might be more helpful if I knew with whom you need to speak. If you would be so kind, what is your Clan?"
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

C
    Cartographer

There is an impulse to straighten his back to become mechanical in his motions, but it fades. Being formal without being rigid was an early lesson Timothy. One that required constant practice. This Alder Beast could certainly test that practice. There was at least solace in having made contact with his own covenant.

"Forgive me Alder Priscus. I am of Clan Ventrue. We also share a common covenant, though I stand only as a Master." He makes a small bow in respect to Ciara, raising his hands together in front of his chest.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

A hint of a smile forms on the edges of Ciara's lips; the Ventrue now studying her fellow Lord in earnest. At least the new crop of arriving Kindred had thus far been a well mannered lot.

"Then it is my pleasure to welcome you to Sacramento, Master Reese. You now find yourself in the Domain of His Grace, Alder Duke Clarke, Prince of Sacramento. Tell me, have you yet had a chance to familiarize yourself with the Laws of the Domain and His Grace's Elysium; or shall I provide you with a brief introduction?"

The Priscus subtly shifts her weight from one hip to the other; the fabric of her dress slowly changing hues as it catches the subdued lighting from a new angle. She doubted the man had a chance to review the information; but he was thus far respectful and she had been surprised before...
    Presence 4 (Magnetic) | Striking Looks 2 (European Beauty) | *Speaks with a vaguely Continental European accent*

C
    Cartographer

The Prince being a member of the Invictus was a pleasant bit of information. Though, he doubted any benefit would come of it there was still the opportunity to make an impression. With luck it could be one for good not ill.

"It is a pleasure to be here, Alder Priscus Maskelyne."
    The fact that Timothy had seen next to none of the city didn't warrant mentioning. What he had seen was enjoyable. River cities always had such a transient charm. "I do believe I have a basic understanding of His Grace's Laws. Keep the Traditions, respect the body and property of those in good standing within the domain, do not meddle in the affairs of those that keep Kine healthy and safe, and display loyalty to His Grace through words and actions should the occasion call." In truth it was far less restrictive than some domains. Even the process for Acknowledgment was less burdensome than in Seattle, or a half dozen other cities he'd passed through over the years.

"No Kindred shall bare weapons in Elysium." Timothy's opened his palms to his fellow Lord to display the absence of a stake or explosive. "Maintain etiquette, don't be disruptive, and use of Blood Gifts are forbidden."

Doing his homework before coming to Court was only right and proper wasn't it? "Have I overlooked any element of His Grace's Laws or expectations of conduct?" Regardless of what Timothy thought he new, this seemed his one chance to ask without risking embarrassment. At the very least he wanted to cover his bases.

V
    Vivian York

“Good evening, dahlings. Pardon the intrusion.” Vivian slowly stepped over to Timothy Reese and @Ciara Maskylene.

“I don’t think myself or Grand Wyrm David Regan have had the chance to meet you yet.” Looking at the thin, yet beautiful woman speaking to yet another new person in which her Beast wanted to tear it’s eyes out.

Normally the Daeva didn’t introduce her Coterie mate, but it seemed fitting. “I’m Vivian York, you may certainly call me Vivian if you’d like.”

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

The faint smile grows a little more pronounced as her fellow Ventrue displays a good grasp of the Laws of the Domain. She shakes her head softly at his question. "No, Master Reese; you have summarized them quite well. Given your conduct thus far this evening, I doubt you will have any trouble adhering to them."

There was a compliment mingled within her worlds, though also an implied warning should the other Kindred fail to live up to her expectations. "There is but one more formality we must address before I can grant you full Acknowledgement. I do not mean to offend, but there are questions that must be asked of all new arrivals to the Domain. You are aware of the requirement to uphold the Traditions; but I must ask if you have always done so. That is to say, have you... ever...."

The Priscus' words drift away as she turns from Timothy; a thin hand slowly raising between them. A single finger poises to pause their conversation as Ciara turns towards the two approaching Kindred. Thankfully, she only has to deal with one Beast assaulting her own; the familiarity of the monster from the previous Court, if not the feminine figure that contains it, causes her welcoming smile to falter for only a moment.

Her gaze naturally moves to Vivian, looking the Daeva over perhaps a bit more subtly than the other woman had done to her a little while earlier; but she cannot keep her eyes from meeting Vivian's time and again. The welcoming smile turns into a bemused grin as the other woman speaks; Ciara idlely wondering what part of Britain Vivian originally hailed from. It isn't until the woman introduces the man who had accompanied her that Ciara notices David.

It wasn't that she had meant to ignore Regan in favor of the Daeva; it's just... she wasn't sure he was really there. So demure, so unassuming; the leader of the Ordo Dracul could have been overlooked as a blemish in the wallpaper if Vivian hadn't confirmed his existence. However, since he possessed the more esteemed of titles, she directs her first words to the Mekhet along with a polite bow of the head.

"Good evening, Grand Wyrm Regan; and to you Ms York. A pleasure to meet you both, I am Alder Madam Maskelyne; Priscus of Clan Ventrue. May I introduce Timothy Reese, recently arrived to the city..." She steps to the side, not wishing to obstruct her fellow Ventrue from the conversation.

"I hope you both are enjoying your evening thus far?"

C
    Casitive

Stereotypes get to be that way because there is some truth to them. Quiet and unassuming, the Shadows are tangible-intangibles, wraiths that live outside the light – proverbial or otherwise - even more than the rest of the Kindred. David Regan, with his barely there presence and his needle like-stature embodies those stereotypes. Next to the delightful Daeva, he is but a walking shadow.

It is difficult to tell, however, if he struts and frets his hour upon the stage.

The bow David executes, is as fastidious as his four-in-hand tie knot. “Priscus Maskelyne,” David's soft-spoken tones carry with it the souvenir of bygone Americana, “Mr. Reese. A pleasure to make your acquaintances and apologies if we are interrupting but we'd be remiss if we didn't introduce ourselves. I'm doing well, thank you.”

The Mortician is a reserved man, prone to bouts of stillness. Much like now, as he takes in the new tableau. Small-talk is not something he particularly enjoys. It all seems more shallow than it should be, just something to fill the air to stave off the silence.

“Congratulations on your return to the Priscus position, Priscus Maskelyne, I look forward to working with you in the future.” As one Priscus to another. “Though pardon me for asking, Priscus, but have you traveled extensively around Europe?”

C
    Cartographer

The derailing of the conversation was an unwelcome speed bump for Timothy. No doubt these were both people he should get to know, even if one made him want to rip out her heart and the other was simply a shadow of a Shadow, it was a delay to his current priorities. Still, the irritation doesn't show, and he gives a nod to the new arrivals with the tiniest hint of a smile on his face.

"Pleasure to meet you Grand Wyrm, Ms."

He offered no acceptance of their apology. It was not his to give. Ciara seemed pleased though, and so Timothy did his best to appear in kind.

Perhaps these two interlopers would become friends in time. If not, then casual acquaintances or worst case scenario, they'd be enemies and the Lord could really see what Vivian's heart looked like. Regardless, he was determined to make the best of the opportunity till things could resume with his Priscus. At David's questions of Europe, Timothy turns to Ciara and awaits her response. No doubt it would be a useful bit of information in the future.

V
    Vivian York

Or, they won't address me as Vivian. Noted for the future I see.

The Daeva had adjusted to some of the details of all walks in the Domain. Surely she'd slip up now and again, but she hadn't even made an attempt yet to discuss anything with her Priscus. "Quite a pleasure to meet you, Alder Madam Maskelyne." Vivian respectfully bowed her head, but not as deep as it would be toward Asa nor Twist.

Having heard a snippet as she'd walked over, Mister, Master, hmmm which to choose. Vivian finally made the choice and just went with her instincts, if she were incorrect, someone would take that step. Cest la vie. "And a pleasure to meet you Mr. Reese."

"As far as my night is concerned, so far it is going well. I do enjoy meeting those who are new to the Domain." Her voice rich with interest in both of the new acquaintances.

"To mirror what David asked, I too would love to hear where you've traveled." Nodding to Ciara.

"And you as well." A slight turn to Timothy. "I'm all about sharing..." Winking to the both of them.

Ciara Maskelyne

Ciara Maskelyne
    Presence 4 (Magnetic)
    Blood Potency 4

Status

City 2
    Ventrue ~
    Invictus 1

A pale hand waves away any lingering concerns the other Kindred may have had about interrupting the conversation. The informality of the night made such things unavoidable.

The pleasant smile remains throughout the chit-chat, the fact that tonight had been thus far uneventful adding to the relaxed attitude of those in attendance. Though, something the Shadow saws draws Ciara's attention towards the man. She wasn't aware of any Primogen positions within the Domain, but that may have changed in her absence. "As do I, Grand Wyrm. Though, if I may, do you prefer that title or Priscus while in Court?"

As with so many before him that had worn more than one hat within the Domain, proper address was always a sticky subject. Ciara had always found it best to simply ask the party in question...

"Well, I would not say I am well traveled; what with the limitations of our current condition being such as they are. But I have had excuse to enjoy the night life of most of the major cities of Europe. London, Paris, Prague; anywhere with a thriving fashion industry. Though, I did have to turn down a very tempting offer to visit Rome once."

No sense in finding out if the Lance was right about there being a vengeful God watching over the Kindred...

She then turns her attention to Vivian, the other woman's wink not going unnoticed. "What about you, Ms York? It sounds like you've done your fair share of traveling to reach Sacramento as well."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread