(Private) Secret Conclave

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

"I think that Fairweather wants the books because they reveal some sort of weakness. Or at least they could…." Lynn nodded at Ava and turned to the rest of the table. "When we first obtained the Book of Fear, a few of us took a look through it. I don't remember the specifics, but there was a passage that said something along the lines of his weakness or defeat would be 'Life's Song and Spirit's voice'" Lynn frowned as she dredged up the line from memory.

"I have my own theories on how that could be used, especially for somebody who can speak to the Spirits…. But we're still working exactly how to weaponize a song in the first place."

She had to admit to feeling rather conflicted about the fact that the former Monarchs had known about where Fairweather was this whole time. It wasn't as if they could have actually done anything about it with the resources they had at the moment.

S
    Sasha

"He will not be getting all the books, or any for that matter." L'aire said with a firm tone. She took the IceLaw seriously, her anger had already been dealt with in other ways. Yet the Dancer wanted to make that clear that was her decision.

"It's possible that Lynn is accurate with that assessment." Nodding to her fellow Sovereign. "But what he wants to do with the collection of weaknesses isn't something I'm abreast of. Although, I'm sure his purpose is to use it against us, or another Freehold."

The Fairest's thoughts traveled down the road of 'what ifs'. She hated to think of what he'd do to them. "I do wonder what angered him initially. If Ava doesn't know, I'm betting Rick Pereg and Terri Nutkins might. Maybe that would help to figure out part of his plan; where it all began."

Freehold Pledge: Winter
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Emergency Services) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3
    Malcolm Green, the Mountain

WP: 4/4
    Health: 10/10
    Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

(+1 Investigation, +1 Intimidation) - Winter 2016

Freehold Pledge

(+1 Streetwise) - Winter 2016

Dragon's Bane Pledge

(+3 Faerie Favour) - Spring 2017
    Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green waited and then stirred.

"Well. Someone could ask them, I guess." His eyes bounced from one Sovereign to another. "Maybe not me. I got no reason to ask 'em such a deep question, yeah? I mean, we've worked together once or twice and we see each other around. But thats a delicate question. Yeah."

He paused again.

"So. Like. You got a brief for me? Or something you want me to look into?"

He'd have to ask eventually. Why not get it out the way now?

S
    Saeyer

"We should look into it," she agreed with Ramona, "But I think the biggest clue is in the story about it: the twist that comes back at us will be a riff on whatever we ask for." Not a comforting idea, but it might give them some idea of what to try. Like wording a pledge with utmost care.

L'aire's mention of Rick and Terri drew a shake of the head from Ava, her lips slightly pursed. "I don't know, unfortunately, but I could ask them, unless you would rather." As their sovereign it didn't seem an inappropriate question to bring to them, but L'aire was their motleymate, someone they might be more inclined to share something so potentially fraught.

It was an interesting thought, Fairweather's actual motive. She'd always assumed his motive was to destroy the Freehold simply because he was Gentry and they were Lost. The True Fae didn't need reasons to fuck with people, they seemed to believe they were entitled to other people's lives and bodies; but, that didn't mean they couldn't have reason beyond that.

"I think we can all agree it would be good to keep an ear and an eye out for the other books, since we know Wrath was destroyed and I have Fear. Sorrow and Desire must be somewhere." It didn't seem out of the realm of possibility that Katrin would've had Sorrow tucked away somewhere, but since L'aire hadn't already brought it up, apparently not. Pity. "Beyond that, their contents suggested that Fairweather may have a frailty: any information that could be found on that would be invaluable." The sovereigns themselves still needed to discuss, really discuss, the possibility of the Contract Green had brought them, but if they wanted other options the frailty could be key.

They hadn't discussed what they wanted from the Spymaster beforehand, so Ava's gaze lingered on Lynn and the others, gauging whether or not they agreed with what she had asked for.

Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Mantle: Bubble of crisp, cold, air surrounds him. Frost rimes his head and shoulders, tracing icy epaulettes.
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

Green waited. Green shifted in his seat. The silence grew around him.

"Well. I should probably get going. You'll probably want to talk amongst yourselves, yeah? You got my contact... And... uh... I guess i can keep an ear out for anything about those remaining books. And rumours of that dragon, I guess."

He rose, deliberately leaving the box where he had laid it.

"Oh. A thought. Yeah - maybe someone could set a patrol to take a walk down 19th Street sometime. Ah - its the nightlife spot for those who follow the Rainbow pride. Not my thing, but the mundy's around there will be more open to the strange... Kind of place we could slip between the cracks. Kind of place others of our kind might hide. In our backyard. Just a thought."

He prepared to leave, pausing long enough for the Sovereign's to interject if they felt the need.

4 days or so with no posting. Green needs to give you guys time to plot and plan without him anyway

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Lynn nodded at Ava's suggestion for further work for Malcolm. Any further information on the remaining books would come in very handy. Glancing over at Malcolm as he stood, Lynn stood up as well and reached out to shake his hand.

"Thank you, for all of your help and work on our behalf. It's been exemplary so far and I have no doubt it will continue to be so in the future."

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Allies (Clubs) 1
    Allies (Unions) 3

Giant
    Malcolm Green

Sun Banisher's Oath

Freehold Pledge

Dragon's Bane Pledge

Greens Scenes

Dragon Giant|

PRE

The extended hand brings the mountain up short. It takes an awkward moment for him to respond, clearly struggling to remember and process the correct human niceties. But he manages it, taking Lynn's hand in his own massive paw with a mixture of rude tenderness and firmness.

"Um. Yeah. Thanks. You got my number."

Green will leave the scene so the Sovereign's can chat

S
    Sasha

"Thank you so much Malcolm. Your dedication to this Freehold is and has always been exemplary." She smiled and waited for him to depart before turning to the three women before her.

"I'm glad he decided to make all of us aware of what he was tasked to do. He certainly has been diligent at his post. Does anyone have anything to discuss with all the information he just provided?" The Onyx had her questions, some of which she'd already asked Malcolm previously, a new take on things would be welcoming.

That is so like the Wyrd, that sort of poetic justice. Weaponized irony. Everything has to be a double-edged sword. Ramona frowns at this news from Ava, then glances at the departing Spymaster. "You done good, Green. We'll let you know when we need something from you. And we will."

She waits for him to depart, then turns back to the assembly of queens. The ogress eyes them for a moment, then returns her attention to the lacquered box. "You know, we've been talking and talking around this thing... I think it's about time we get a look at it," she suggests. If this were a certain kind of movie, the film would cut to Green strolling outside while the Blue Note explodes behind him. Not that Ramona's paranoid or anything. She pulls the lacquered box towards herself, sliding it across the table, and delicately opens the latch.

S
    Saeyer

The sovereigns' thanks to Green had already been many, so Ava kept hers brief. "Thank you, for all the work you've done." The faint lines around her eyes crinkling warmly as she smiled, giving a nod to the Spymaster before he departed.

It really did seem like a good idea to get a look at the thing, no matter how strong their trust in the Mountain. As Ramona began to open it, Ava looked to L'aire. "What I'd really like to do is talk a bit more about this," a finger dipped to indicate the box. "We all have doubts a about it, but if anyone is serious about trying to find an alternative we should discuss that sooner than later. Even if we don't want to use this, I think we should start looking into it and deciding what we would want from it."

There was a bit of her that simply wanted a closer look at the Contract for the sake of knowing more, selfishly. When was the next time she would be near such a powerful Goblin Contract, have the chance to really look at it, understand it, maybe even use it. That was the least of things, but still seductive.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread