Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 34
DISPLAYED
Slice and Dice

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    A
    AnoncameaSpider

"Every ones answers are good. So, I'll break it down, but this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt." Granted my opinions kept me alive this long, but hey, lets play nice, right? "I, personally am not a fan of hoping the other guy can't hit harder than I can take. I mean yeah, if you can out last them fantastic. But it's a gamble. And mobility gets closer to the mark because if you can stay the hell out of the way you'll survive but that's a bit of a gamble too, certainly. Perperation is part of it. If you go in without knowing what's what you could very easily end up ash."

"I have beheaded two kindred in my time in Chicago, and have sent a handful into torpor to think about their actions and how they effect the group. None of them got a first shot at me. That is because I was prepared, certainly and because I was mobile oh yes. But ultimately what clinched it for me is the ability to strike first. If you can strike first, and you can strike hard you won't need to strike again." I was extra serious as I spoke those words. I wanted them to survive in combat, that's what this whole night was about and that meant they had to understand.

"If you come prepared, and you do not move first, you will likely die. If you get hit hard first and survive, you will still likely die. If you are mobile and you get hit first, you will likely be less mobile and....likely die. Then, I will have to not only mourn you. Some...more than others." My gaze fell to the Regent, then Alice, then Cross. What then did that say for the two missing family members who couldn't be bothered to show? "But I will still have to find who killed you, and then they will likely die. Despite what my entire requiem is about, I don't like causing death if I don't have to, but it is necessary on a long enough time line, realistically speaking. So please, strike hard. Strike first." I finished my little speech and looked to the group.

"And that is pretty much the end of my sermon." I said with a lot more levity. "Lets work on a few more drills in the reverse grip stance. Except you Regent, obviously feel free to continue with whatever weapon you desire. Everyone, feel free to go or stay as long as you like. Consider my training room yours for the night and feel free to pick my brain all you want."

My gaze looked at the group at large, curious how they would like to proceed. I was more than happy to continue with their training or wrap it up, I'd gotten as far as I wanted for the night, and we had been going at these pigs pretty hard after all. "If it's alright I'd like to make this maybe a kinda regular thing. What do you all think?"

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross's stare is flat, emotionless, and fixed unerringly on Jack as he speaks. The advice is strong, but he can't help resenting the Creep for his presumption of authority. Who knew we had such a wealth of knowledge in our midst? At this point, Cross has learned to keep his sarcasm to himself, but that doesn't mean he can't indulge in it silently.

Still, even if he finds Jack's boasting about murder distasteful, mere braggadocio, even if he has a hard time imagining the Creep mourning anyone, he forces himself to give Jack an appreciative nod. "Makes sense. Thanks for the guidance."

With that, he looks from Jack to Alice, then Gilroy. Suddenly, he feels the burden of their company. Family is family, but sometimes a Haunt needs to be alone. "I think I've had enough for tonight," he says to no one in particular. "And there's other business I have to attend to." His eyes stay on the Regent, "Unless I'm needed here?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice hums. Looking around at Jack decor, she didn't think he'd have such a breath of knowledge, but she should have. Especially with how he'd been instructing them over the last few hours. She jerks her head in agreement with Robert, before adding her own thanks. "Yeah. Thanks a bunch. I mean it." even though her voice sounded hollow and fake. "Always a good thing to learn a thing or two about a thing or two." she tries to quip.

Alice waves at Robert as he takes his leave.

"if we were to keep a training program up, is there anything specific you'd need?" Alice asks Jack, maybe this could be a point to exert her authority as Keeper, though she looks up at the worm to see after his own thoughts.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

Patience. Mobility. First Strike. It informed Kenneth’s knowledge of each. And he was somewhat glad at the variety of opinions, even if they disagreed with his own. Oddly, Robert’s idea melded most closely to his own than either Alice’s of Jack’s. However, for the tasks he had assigned, it was ideal.

Patience for the Sheriff. It required presence of mind. Careful thought. The perfect mindset to investigate. Then investigate some more to ensure they weren’t being deceived by outside forces.

Mobility. Odd for a Keeper but not out of place. Mobility. Flexability. The ability to change stance and position when things went south. If the Caldarium turned into the bloodbath she so despised, she would need to evacuate as quickly as possibly. The capability to switch between social and combat mindsets was vital. If not for keeping the peace, then at least for making sure an attacker’s damage was mitigated.

And preemptive strike. It was dangerous. It had the possibility to enflame a war if used to early. Yet firing the first nuke could save many more lives than it destroyed. Kenneth doubted that Jack thought in terms other than personal combat. Yet there were larger scale conflicts that had to be taken into account. Where first strike was ideal in one on one, it could invite retaliation in a larger context. Gilroy was glad he had leashed the Hound when he had… At least he hoped the Hound was leashed. He didn’t want a mindless minion. That was what he’d said. The worm hoped he hadn’t misjudged Carrigan and that the Carthian had judgement of his own.

Jack wasn’t wrong. Frist strike could make or break a situation. Yet, if you were prepared (fully prepared) you would either make first strike or have a plan for if you didn’t. Many forces in history had been defeated despite have the initiative and larger numbers. Still, how much could large group tactics/strategy apply to the small peer group of Kindred? How much of Carrigan’s bloodthirsty gaze was informing Kenneth’s opinion and how much was speaking for true?

“Fights are not wars, Jack,” the worm said. It was almost a whisper of a second thought.

“I would definitely try to attend further lessons,” the Regent stated “However, don’t let my opinion sway you too much. If you have other matter to attend to, we have all eternity to teach the Clan defense.” More or less. It all depended on how long anyone induvial decided to stay in the city. Even having assigned everyone a position, the worm help his doubts to his chest like precious gem of fear that they would abandon him at the soonest opportunity.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

5. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.