Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Slice and Dice

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    AnoncameaSpider

"Everyones gotta start somewhere. Besides, fires probably more effective if I'm being honest." I was. "So Khukri are a little hefty, they're good for downward strikes kind of like curved swords. Unlike a curved sword they aren't designed to be used from above, though I imagine you could. You want to try and swing for arms, legs...and necks. Most strikes will be at either downward, or diagonal." Although beheading is perhaps easier, though less effective than fire... "It's mostly a physics engine, your striking surface should aim to be somwehre between the bend in the blade and it's thickest section." I paused, wondering if there was anything more to add, then as an after thought "Also, make sure to know where it'll land when it cuts through the target. Don't want to stab yourself in the leg, believe me I've done it. It's shit."

My tone was not judgemental as I gave my explanation. I figured the Regent was serious about the fire part, bombs are a rough way to go and got a similar level of appreciation from me as knives in their application even if I lacked the how-to knowledge for that kind of thing. Respect was a again what I was going for, and perhaps a little familiarity.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice laughs lightly at Jack's miming, but hums at his answer to the pig question. "To bad. I was wondering if I could use your method to finish up with this stage of the Caldarium," to forestall any comments, Alice continues, "Don't worry about it, I'm sure I'll figure something out."

She turns away from Jack, her nose wrinkling at the thoughts of these pigs set up by her ginger furred tom with the notch in his ear.

Alice shakes her head, trying to get the image out of her mind as she watches Gilroy take a swing with the khukri.

(poor little worm not enough power behind his swing) The mocking sibilant hiss of the Wraith echos around her mind - (how could such were the crown to their kingdom)

To drown the voice out, not enjoying how it's voice was her voice. She listens to Jack. Her eyes cast about the room once more, as questionable as his decor was, his arsenal was impressive and just hearing the hound speak showed how much he knew about using it.

Alice turns back the pig in front of her, and takes another swing at it.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-02 17:51:07 Alice Hart rolls 5 to Stick it with the pointy end! (Dex3 + Weaponry2) (10 Again) 3, 3, 7, 9, 7 1 success

As she pulls the knife from where it had grazed the piggy she wondered if maybe she should have taking stock as she had before instead of swinging the knife all willy-nilly.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

3. Likes West liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross has largely lapsed into silence with the arrival of their Priscus. What is the burned man thinking? It is hard to tell as always. But what's clear is that he's watching, and closely at that. Nothing goes unnoticed: Alice's steadily unveiled knack with a blade, the seemingly casual interactions of Jack and Gilroy, the Regent's awkwardness with a knife, that comment about the Lance and fire...

He manages to crack a smile when Jack mentions stabbing himself. Might pay to see that. And after Alice's last pass, he salutes her with his bloodied blade to his scarred forehead before stepping up to his own pig for another go at it.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-02 19:21:30 Robert Cross rolls 5 to Str3 + Weap1 + CmbtKnife1 (10 Again) 8, 1, 9, 2, 5 2 successes

Again, he uses the reverse grip, again he approaches in the stance Jack had shown him, and again he lands a solid blow. But this time, he follows though by closing the distance with the swine while his knife is still buried in its side, wrapping his free arm around it, almost hugging the thing, before wrenching the knife free and stabbing it again.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-02 19:24:20 Robert Cross rolls 5 to Str3 + Weap1 + CmbtKnife1 (10 Again) 10, 4, 3, 10, 8, 7, 10, 4 4 successes

The result is brutal, and surprisingly effective. The blade slams between two ribs with a sharp crack, before its dragged out again with a spattering of blood. Cross turns to look at his fellow haunts, first Gilroy, then Alice, and finally Jack, a satisfied light in his eyes as they linger on each in turn. He wipes the pigs blood on his already-ruined t-shirt.

"Not bad, right?" It's unclear whether his question is rhetorical or not.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

(Str Augment)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Kenneth stayed silent for now, trying not to be annoying at Jack and the way he kept eyeing the worm's cringing form. Gilroy knew how the knife used leverage and knew where best to strike. He could name and point out the body's major arteries and veins. Given time, he could probably calculate how much force would be needed cut there bone with the weapon.

Academic knowledge only got one so far in the world of the Kindred though. Knowing how something worked wasn't the same as putting it into practice. As his recent strike had shown. So he tried to take Carrigan's advice to unbeating heart.

And just to ensure he didn't loss too much respect in the eyes of his Clan, he consciously willed the blood in his arms to move and strengthen.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2016-06-04 02:46:44 Kenneth Gilroy rolls 7 to Knife attack+2 all out+2 Vitae (10 Again) 4, 9, 8, 4, 6, 7, 4 2 successes
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

7. Likes West, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    AnoncameaSpider

"If you want to get together for a brainstorming session, let me know. And consider any of my tools at your disposal for any improvements as well Alice." I gave our Keeper my best attempt at a friendly smile. I nodded encouragingly at her next strike, before Cross drew my attention. "Fucking solid man." That'd be a game ender with good enough set up, a couple cuts before in the right spot then bang, hit a mother fucker with that one. He seemed to be grasping the general idea well enough, that's for sure.

My eyes immediately darted to our Regent as I saw his blade rise and fall, the edge sinking in much more successfully than last time. "Faaantastic. Had me worried for a minute there Boss, glad you were just fucking around earlier." I said genuinely pleased, mostly because the idea of a Regent who can't protect himself without the use of fire suddenly made my job as Hound very different. Everyone seemed like they all grasped the basics, however so as far as I could tell, my shit stayed the same.

"So, who knows what the most important facet of a fight is?...Feel free to go one at a time." I asked, eyes lingering on each one briefly before moving on to the next. My facial expression said that this was not a rhetorical question. I wanted to know who thought what when it came to life and death situations, and this was a pretty solid icebreaker.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice answers Robert's salute with one of her own. This was nice, and more fun then she thought an evening poking pig with sharp pointy pokey things would be.

"Thanks Jack. I might take you up on that." she stars, jealous that her friendly smile was nothing like the one on Jack's face. "I might be starting on my own sepulcher sooner or later, and I might wanna pick your brain to see any pitfalls or other stumbling block I could avoid with a bit of help."

Alice turns back to Gilroy and watches him take another wack at it. Alice nods at Jacks comment. Though she and the wraith wondered if the worm was simply taking a practice swing at first, and made a popper hit now...with a strings pulled shrug, she doubted she would ever find out.

"Most important facet of a fight?" Alice echos. "Before, during or after?" Alice asks. There was a different answer she could give for each moment she'd asked after.

A
    AnoncameaSpider

"Whichever of those seems most important." I said, my friendly grin turning cheshire as I look over the pale wraith. This question, at least in my mind, only had one right answer. I looked to the group at large as they pondered on.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

"Patience. And endurance." Cross levels his eyes on Jack. "If you can stay on your feet, you'll eventually knock them off of theirs." With that he lapses into silence, waiting to see how Alice would take the question with Jack's clarification, and how their Regent would answer.

Presence
    (Disgusting Vermin)
    Status (Lancea)
    Status (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Kenneth Gilroy
    Nosferatu Lancea Sanctum

Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Status/Social

Presence 2
    Mask of Tranquility
    Status 1 (Covenant - Lancea Sanctum)
    Status 2 (Academia - Research Fellow)
    Allies 1 (Academia)
    Allies 1 (City Hall)
    Allies 2 (Public Works)
    Contacts 1 (Academia)
    Emotional Detachment 1

NOS
    PRE

“Preparation,” the worm answered simply. Mostly because it was true, but also because it covered a great deal. To be prepared, truly prepared, meant you knew what your enemy was capable of. It meant you had trained beforehand to increase ability. It meant you had dedicated the time to gain the numbers needed for victory. The battle took place at a time and place of your choosing. It meant that you not only had a plan but that you had contingencies. Like what to do if it looked like you were going to loss.

During and after you had only limited control. And while patience and endurance could certainly be important, often times speed and strength held just as much (if not more) value.
    Mask of Tranquility
    Curse - Looking at Kenneth you feel disgust, as if you saw a lowly yet dangerous vermin.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods when Jack clarifies. The motion continued as Robert and Gilroy speak up before her. Each good points, and something that was inline with her mental images of both men, but something that had keep her unbeating heart unbeating was, "Mobility." she says.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.