Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye loved it when the weather got warmer, summer was her favorite time of year. And business was good in the summer.

The red GTO finds a parking space and Faye emerges. She had picked a kinda dressy white tank top with a pair of skinny jeans. An odd combo, but she liked how it looked. She left her long hair down and added various pieces of jewelry to her arms and neck.

The Coffee Garden wasn’t too busy, and Faye quickly ordered her usual, a Café Americano, and left enough money with a description of Varyx for her to be able to order whatever she wanted. Faye had offered to treat after all.

Entering the outdoor garden, she sits in one of the more comfortable padded seats near the fountain. The tree branches overhead were green from the weather but not completely filled in yet. Japanese lanterns of various sizes hung on the branches along with strings of lights. She found the place simply magical in the evening. Wind chimes sung their own song softly with the trickling fountain, and she closed her eyes and breathed in deeply.
    Varyx alias-of-a-girl

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx arrived not too long after Faye, looking a touch more casual.

She headed inside, a pleased smile gracing her features at how completely adorable the coffee shop was. And the smell of the roasting beans was heavenly. It was easy enough to stop at the counter and pick up a latte for herself, and then she headed out into the little garden patio in search of Faye.

It wasn't particularly difficult to spot the lovely Enchantress - she was the sort one could easily pick out of a crowd, after all.

"Hey!" Her greeting was cheery and bright as she took a seat of her own opposite Faye. "This place is heavenly." Blue eyes swept around the cool shade of the little garden, drawing a smile to her face. And, once her attention returned to the woman sitting across from her, the smile only brightening. "This was a wonderful idea. I've been looking forward to an opportunity to have a chat like this since out last big meeting."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Fayes eyes opened at the voice, and upon seeing Varyx, a wide friendly smile appears,

“Hey yourself! Thanks for meeting with me.” She greeted, watching the sultry woman sit. If the two of them ever joined forces, the men of Sacramento wouldn’t stand a chance, the thought amused her.

“You should visit in the evening, when the lights are on and the little fire pits are lit. Some nights they even have live local bands.” she recommended before tucking her long legs under herself.

“So how’s things been going since we last talked?”

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx took a sip of her latte as Faye returned the greeting. Her gaze swept back over the crowded little patio at the mention of what it looked like at night - she could imagine, from the description, that it would be quite beautiful. Maybe she'd have to come back some time, during the evening. Just to see what it was like.

"Busy, mostly." She shook her head. "Wow, now that I'm thinking about it, it has been quite a while since the last big club meeting, hasn't it? I've been keeping quite busy, mostly with my new club position. It hasn't been announced it, but I'm taking over for Arthur. Other than that, I've been working on a few personal projects. Mostly just a few things to keep the club on-track." How does one mention that they've been investigating someone who might be a Banisher without giving too much away for a public conversation? It would have to do. Besides, she suspected that such dark topics were not the purpose of this meeting, anyway.

The smile lit once again on her face, and she made a small motion towards her companion with her free hand. "What about you? Have you been seeking out a new team, or are you planning on holding out alone for a little while?" Going it alone would be dangerous, in Varyx's opinion, but perhaps there was something about leaving and then returning later that changed things. After all, July had mentioned that Faye was once a member of VT. It had to mean something that she wasn't returning to her old cabal now that she was back in the city.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes widen when Varyx mentions taking over for Arthur, “Wow! Sounds like congrats are in order then! Maybe we should have gone out for drinks instead!” she exclaims with a grin, clearly happy for her. “We’ll have to set something up for a weekend and have a girls night out, in honor of the promotion!” It was a suggestion, and one she hoped would be accepted. Faye didn’t have enough girls to hang out, ok….no girls to hang out with… with, and actually missed it. “It’s good to hear and see the club getting on track. I hope it will unite us more as a whole.” Or at least working together for the good of the community. “If there is ever anything I can help with, let me know.” Offers the Enchantress.

“Me? I’d like to find a new team, and have been talking with a few people about it. I just worry my needing to suddenly leave doesn’t make others think I’m not dependable and all that.” While she could be flaky, she was also dependable. “Then it’s the whole finding a team I fit with, cause I want one where I can be of use. The hardest part is going from a nomadic lifestyle to one of being settled and joining teams.” But Sacramento offered the ability to perform and not really need to travel.

“So aside from taking care of the club, what do you do in your free time?”

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx laughed, surprised but pleased by the genuine congratulations Faye was offering. "Oh yes! A girls' night out sounds absolutely amazing. I haven't had one of those in too long." But really, who was surprised, when the Consilium only had the four women? Well, four that actually showed their faces, anyway. Apparently there was some mysterious creature named Tyria who made up the third member of the Golden Thread, but Varyx had yet to see the woman. And with so few around, it really wasn't that surprising that the other two weren't exactly the sort to go out for a girls' night. Well, not of that kind, anyway.

She offered a sympathetic nod at Faye's comment about finding a team to fit with. She understood that need - and the problems that could come of making a mistake in that regard - quite intimately. "I don't blame you at all for wanting to take your time. It's a difficult decision to make."

And then the conversation turned to lighter topics, and she found herself smiling once again. "Oh, let's see. I've been really into running, recently. I'm not big into organized sports, but I like doing athletic sorts of things, you know? I miss the beach in San Francisco, sometimes, to tell the truth. I lived there in the summer, most years. But otherwise, I like bar hopping in the evenings when I'm feeling energetic, or staying home with a good book when I'm not." She offered Faye a conspiratorial chuckle. "I'd like to say that means I'm very well read and I read a lot of great literature, but that's not true. Mostly I read the sorts of paperback novels you find at airports and things. Those good, pulpy sorts of books." Varyx leaned forward, taking another sip of her drink. "What about you?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She chuckles and nods in agreement, “I hear you there!” and Varyx looked like she knew how to have a good time. “I know we all have important roles and responsibilities, but there has to be time to let lose, even for just a couple hours.” Faye believed in living life to its fullest.

“I have one in mind. A good friend mentioned his group, so I think I might try and meet up with them and see where it goes. And someone has to want to take a chance with me.” She says with a half laugh, knowing her past would haunt her in this regard.

Faye sips her Americano as she listens. “Oh, I hear you about the organized sports! I’ve taken up yoga and more recently, ballet. Well, I did some ballet as a kid, but I’ve gone back to it in a fun way. Just kinda something to do that is different. Work zaps most of my energy, especially when I’m practicing, but I also love going bar hopping and visiting new clubs. Not much of a good dancer, but I enjoy the energy in the clubs and meeting new people.” And it took her mind off Awakened stuff. “Though it is the music that really draws me. Music has always been a huge part of my life.” She’d prob go crazy without it.

“Nothing wrong with reading those books. And to be honest,” she tries to match Varyx’s conspiratorial tone, “I’ve been reading comics. When I first moved here, a friend introduced me to them, and I’ve actually enjoyed them. Especially the graphic novels.” Plus they were easier to read when practicing.

“You mentioned San Francisco, and living there for the summer sometimes, is San Francisco not where you’re from?”

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx let out a soft laugh at the news that Faye thought she wasn't a particularly good dancer. "Ha. Well, I'm sure you're better than I am, so I wouldn't worry too much about it." Just ask July.

She did arch a brow at the news that Faye was reading comics, though. "Oh really? I've been told they're something I should try to get into. I keep meaning to, but then I keep getting distracted..." Primarily by a cute little blue-haired woman with a penchant for legs. Oh well. Maybe, eventually, she'd get around to it. She really did want to read about Black Widow at some point or another.

Then came the question about San Francisco and she began to laugh. "Oh! I'm sorry. I'm from San Francisco. Born and raised. I meant to say that I spend my summers practically living on the beach there." She smiled, the expression wistful. She missed it, sometimes; believing that the world really was as it seemed, and the only things that a girl like her had to worry about were sunscreen and tan-lines. Shallow, but lighter, too. Easier. Not that she'd willingly go back to it now, but sometimes, there was at least that faint desire, that impossible wish that things really could be as simple as they had seemed. But, now was not the time for such thoughts, so she took a quick sip of her coffee and turned the conversation back to Faye. "What about you, where are you from?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, “I’m more of one of those that thinks she can dance with enough liquor added.” She laughs. But then again, that seems to describe a lot of people.

“Any particular comic?” she asks, “I don’t find it hard to start to read a comic, walk away, and pick it back up. Most of them are short enough, but then again most tend to be part of a long series.” She says as she takes another sip, “I sometimes find the best time to read and really relax, is with a nice hot bath! Those are to die for!” especially after a long day of training.

“Sounds like a perfect way to spend the summer!” she exclaims with a wide smile. There was nothing like laying in the warm sand and listening to the relaxing sound of the waves.

Then it seemed it was her turn to answer about where she was fun. Which was a complicated answer.

“Well, my normal answer would be that I’m from all over the states. But the real answer is that I’ve never been too sure. My birth certificate says Virginia, so I guess that would be where I’m from. We moved around so much that there was really never any one place to call home. But at least it made for a fun and interesting childhood.” She says with a laugh.

"How are you liking Sacramento so far? Have you found a job or anything?”

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Well, let's see. I've had Black Widow recommended to me, so I might aim for that one. And I would have to think that getting into any of the heroes who have their own Marvel movies would probably be easier than reading about one that hasn't." Varyx shrugged. "Maybe I'll just have to get around to going to find someone a little more knowledgeable about them and asking them. Which ones do you read?" It seemed a fair assumption that she'd have a decent likelihood of enjoying the heroes Faye liked, after all.

"Oh, Sacramento is lovely. I've been doing a little consulting work here and there. Nothing of particular interest, to be honest. I find particularly that I like the people here." She grinned and leaned a little closer to Faye, as if sharing a secret - and, in fairness, she was being a little gossipy, but it wasn't anything harmful. "To be honest? San Francisco is nice and all, but the egos there were getting to be a little too overblown for my taste. There's a lot of new money around there, which isn't necessarily bad, but it starts to get very old, very quickly when too many conversations devolve into competitions of who sold their last start-up for more than however many millions of dollars." Wonderful as it is to work in a place where there are people who can throw around that kind of money on entertainment, it really could get to be a dry topic of conversation. She supposed it probably had as much to do with who she spent her time with out there as anything else, but the change to Sacramento was refreshing nonetheless.

"Tell me, what is it you do for a living?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread