Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As she sips her coffee and listens, she realizes there was much more to the sultry woman sitting in front of her then she knew. “Black Widow? The name is familiar, but I can’t place it. And yeah, have to agree with you on that one. Though I do wonder if the movies change what happens in the comics? We see that a lot with books made into movies, or hell even made into series. Game of Thrones was changed quite a bit from the books.” She listened to the books on CD, kinda still counts as reading them right? “Oh! There is this awesome comic book shop that has hundreds of comics! Maybe try there? I meet up with a friend there and she helped me get into the Harley Quinn comics. And thus far, those have turned out to be my favorites! Especially if you start at the beginning and see how Harley evolves into the character we know her as today.” She enjoyed the stories that were relatable and one where characters evolve.

Interesting. She mentioned consulting, but not what she was consulting for. This bit of mystery intrigued her.

She chuckles as she listens, “Ah, the wonders of overly inflated egos!” she leans closer, her voice softer, but playful, “Makes me want to carry around rulers and hand them out when egos and one upping each other starts.” She then winks.

“I’m in entertainment, more specifically, a side show performer. I was professionally trained and worked with the circus for a few years before branching out.”

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I believe Black Widow is the one played by Scarlet Johannson in the films. Some kind of... spy, or something? She seems quite interesting." She laughed, a little bit self-deprecating. "You know, honestly, I only picked her because I liked the look of the cover last time I was in a comic shop. And now I'm kind of tied to the idea, because I finally got around to watching the Avengers, and she's the one who has that interrogation scene near the beginning? I'd be happy to watch an entire movie of just that," she admitted, grinning cheekily.

She took a sip of her coffee, amusement flashing across her features as Faye began to rave about the local comic place. "You... wouldn't happen to be talking about Empire Comics, would you?"

And then the conversation turned back to work. Varyx had to bite back a laugh at the suggestion of rulers. "Disciplining them like naughty school boys? You should be careful. They might like it. And acrobatics you say! How wonderfully unusual! How does one get into something like that? And what, outside of circus work, would there be to branch into, exactly?" Varyx had some thoughts on how an athletic, flexible woman might be able to earn some money, but she rather suspected that her mind was going in the wrong direction. And if it wasn't? Well, wouldn't that be an interesting conversation.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A look of recognition washes over her face, “Oh, ok! I remember her now! And that scene was awesome!” she gushed, “Whoever thought you could kick ass while tied to a chair and look hot doing it?” she says with a laugh, it was a great scene.

“I am, have you been there?” she asks curious.

Smirking, “Well, that’s one way of using the ruler. A more fun way I suppose. But I was thinking more of how it always seems to be a measuring contest with them.” She says with a wink.

“Actually it was a family business, so it was only natural I got into it. I branched off into working for myself and finding jobs with Ren Faires, any public park and conventions. I found the circus to be too boring and the family atmosphere was just not making the job fun. So now I focus on fire, swords, suspension and anything else that shocks a crowd. Though the contortion seems to be a huge crowd pleaser.” She laughs, people loved to see a human body bend in ways it shouldn’t. “With the weather warming up, I should be doing some public shows soon.” She adds. “But", she says, leaning closer, like she was sharing a secret, "I’ve been thinking off doing something different, making myself a more stable income so to say. I love refurnishing old furniture, and thought it might be fun to try and see if I could make it a legit business.” She then shrugs, “Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes luck is really on my side.” Wink.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

Varyx's nimbus is subtle - she still looks more or less like herself, but there's something about her, something difficult to put your finger on... She's always been beautiful, but it's magnified and somehow terrible. Something so lovely can't be human, and it gives the people around her the impression that maybe she doesn't have any humanity, either.

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx gave a little bit of a self-deprecating grin in response to Faye's suggestion that she'd meant measurement instead of a certain kind of punishment when she'd mentioned the rulers. "Whoops."

She began to chuckle when Faye complained of the circus being boring. I think you might be unusual in feeling that way. Still, I understand. Things that seem exotic to everyone else become mundane when you live with them every day." She hadn't expected to hear about the refurnishing idea, however. The quip about luck made her laugh, and she shook her head. "You're not kidding. And I can only imagine it would be more stable." She grinned and motioned to Faye's outfit. "You certainly seem to have a good feel for fabrics and things."

"So. Do you think you'd leave the performance world entirely if the refurnishing business works out?" She couldn't relate, to tell the truth. To leave a position of relative fame and influence for something so much more humble? She wouldn't do it, herself. And it seemed a shame, to waste a face like that in a job that couldn't use it. But, she supposed, everyone defined happiness a little differently.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “But I like your line of thinking. And I bet between the two of us we could come up with some fun things.” quirking an eyebrow, a hint of mischief in her eyes. She felt confident that her remark wouldn’t offend the sultry woman. If it did, then she’d deal with it then.

Nodding, “That and I wanted to push myself, you know. See what other tricks I could pull off. Not to mention the money is better if the show is more dangerous.” She wasn’t ignorant to the dangers some of her act posed.

“You know what, I honestly don’t think I could walk away completely from performing. It’s the only thing I’ve known my whole life. So if I did, in a way I would be killing off a part of me. Performing kinda dies off in the colder months, unless you move around. So I was thinking more of something to supplement my income for those months. Private shows and conventions pay well, but they aren’t all that common.” Most conventions were steering away from performers it seemed.

“But hell, it has been a great way to stay in shape!” she laughs.

Sighing contently, “Aside from all that, I was looking forward to getting to know another woman in our community. It seems to be mostly male driven.” She says with a smile and shrug, “And while this isn’t the best place, I was hoping we could meet up sometime and discuss more delicate things.” She sucked at the whole veiled talk, so maybe she would agree to meeting up again sometime. Hell, swallowing a sword was easier! If not? It wasn’t a day wasted, she seemed like an easy going girl.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Varyx had to chuckle at Faye's slight teasing. Come up with some fun things? Oh, she had no idea.

But, the conversation flowed easily on, and she nodded in understanding as Faye explained her reasoning for wanting to get into something other than performing. "Oh, of course, that makes sense. It's never a particularly pleasant experience, having your income change so drastically according to the month." Varyx knew what that was like, though she suspected it was to a somewhat lesser degree. "I suspect something like refurnishing would allow for much more consistent income, certainly. And besides, if you have a talent, it's wasteful not to make use of it!" This was something she could relate to, more. There was certainly no harm in spreading out one's support like that. Varyx herself had been toying with the idea of doing the same.

Her point about getting to know another woman was a good one, too. She knew and liked Avis, too, of course, but that was a slightly different relationship, for a dozen reasons. And somehow, she suspected Avis and Faye weren't close - otherwise, she'd be shocked that she hadn't been invited back to VT. There had to be something there, right?

The comment about delicate things drew a quick laugh, and she found herself imagining what anyone who might overhear such a conversation would think. It sounded like a sexual innuendo. How many men on the patio were having daydreams about the two blonde's getting together for a more private encounter. A wicked thought about implying it further passed through her mind; she was tempted to lean a little closer, or perhaps brush hands - just some subtle thing, to reward the imagination of anyone paying attention. But, she figured it wasn't worth making Faye uncomfortable, so instead she just quipped, "Ah, the double-speak is getting to you, is it? Absolutely. I'd like an opportunity to get together again, regardless. But sure, a more private setting for some more candid talk would be nice." Was she maybe making sure it would sound to the passer-by like they might be talking about sex? Maybe. Just a little.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Well, a chuckle sounded like she hadn’t offended the stunning blonde, which was a bonus. Having gotten back in town and offended the Herald would be a bad way to get back into things.

“More consistent if people buy what I make.” She replies with a laugh. “Thought I might do a few pieces and try to sell them at a flea market or farmers market, you know…kinda test the waters.” She wasn’t completely dumb. “Well, not sure if it’s a talent so much as something I’ve picked up and enjoyed doing. Moving around your whole life teaches you how to be thrifty.” With her fame on the rise, she could afford to not be as thrifty, but it was a hard habit to break. And it was a nice way to put her own personal touch on her loft.

“Not really getting to me so much as it’s a pain. Being able to speak freely and openly has its advantages.” And you never knew what someone would say until the filters were off.

“Great! Not sure if you drink beer or anything like that, but I happen to brew my own beer, and just finished my loft if you’d be up for that. I also brew some mean coffee and can of course offer other stuff to drink. Though I have to confess, I suck as a cook, but I have an extensive list of awesome takeout places.” The last bit was added with a laugh. Maybe someday she’d learn to cook. Meh…wasn’t really her thing.

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Ha, I'm sure you won't have an issue selling your things. Not with what luck you seem to have," Varyx answered with a wink and a playful smile. "Anyway, being thrifty is a good skill to have, regardless of how much money you make. I mean, really, what is thriftiness if not just the ability to make sound spending decisions?"

"But yes, of course I'd like to be able to have a more open conversation. It'd give us an opportunity to talk business, too." After all, she needed to get the new mages together so they could form a temporary cabal or... was it Star that had used the phrase fauxbal? Star or Avis, anyway. Regardless, she liked the term, and it was appropriate.

A brow arched at the news that Faye brewed her own beer. "Wow! Apparently you've got your fingers in all sorts of interesting crafts! Definitely, I would love to come hang out at your loft and drink your beer." A grin spread across her lips. "Really, how could I say no?"

Shall we wrap soon?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a chuckle and sly grin at her comment about luck. She then shurgs and tries, and probably fails, to look sweet and innocent. There had been times she had bent luck to her needs, but it wasn’t often. One doesn’t overstep their place with luck and fate lightly.

“I can’t say it’s the best beer, not by any means. But it’s a hobby that is a work in progress. Plus,” she lowers her voice, looking secretive, “It’s so much cheaper!” for under fifty bucks, she could get five gallons of beer.

Nodding, “Talking business is a must, but I’m sure we’ll find more fun topics too.” She knew talking shop was a must, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t have fun too. But she also knew she had to settle down and put a shit ton of effort into being useful and showing she was trustworthy.

“Great! I know with your new work position you’ll be plenty busy, so just let me know when you’ve got time. My schedule is really flexible so I can work around anything.” Which was kinda literal too.

Sounds good!

Varyx
    aka Vanessa Thomas

Tempting (Pres 4)
    Sultry (SL 4)
    Varyx, Apostate Mastigos

Nimbus

+2
    SL
    PRE

Alright then! Thread closed! Was fun

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread