Talking at Sutter Landing

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Holstered gun on his right hip
    Sheathed knife on his left hip

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A dog bark rolls through the air past Garrick as he walks onto Sutter's Landing. The sound brings a smile to the white eyed Nosferatu's face. Too bad dogs don't like the dead otherwise having one would be nice. Just to be safe Garrick crosses the road to be further from the dog park. Boot steps sound off rhythmically as he walks, a well worn light jacket with jeans completes the facade of someone who cares that its in the 50s.

Even if he was alive Garrick wouldn't mind the cold, brisk nights are good nights. Now they only bring grey memories of debauchery. Kind of like how wearing sunglasses at night makes everything darker greyish.

M
    Matrixchild

Joseph strolled through the park as if he didn't have a care in the world. When one grows up walking past the sounds of gunfire and death, and a calm evening like tonight was a 'walk in the park'. He was wearing a suit as normal, though he still hadn't gotten the funds for the kind of suits he was accustom to. Wearing any suit at all though just made him feel comfortable.

As Garrick came into view he waved politely and then walked up beside him. He enjoyed that all in his family seemed to have their beast guarded from the public. Certainly made conversing with them slightly more enjoyable, ignoring their individual curses of course. Garrick had one of the more tolerable ones, especially when he wore his sunglasses. "Good evening Mr. Marlon. How have you been?" he said with a friendly tone and a smile.

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Nosferatu Curse: The irises of Garrick's eyes are milky white, they never seem to focus on what he is paying attention too. Consequently it is hard to tell if he's looking at you or around you or past you.
    Scenes

NOS
    PRE

A short wave is thrown back to Greenberg as the dead man walks over. A suit at night is ballsy but mortals aren't that smart around bigger predators are they? A nod as the lawyer speaks. "It's been a good night so far, this weather brings back memories." A dull memory brings back half a smile as Garrick speaks, thoughts of a cool night and friends.

"Having a good night I hope Mr. Breenberg?"

M
    Matrixchild

It truly has been a good evening so far. I have to agree. Weather is much like smell. It can invoke in us strange feelings and emotions."

A eyebrow was raised at the man's slip and he offered a chuckle. "You know I've heard Mr. Slick, Mr. Cheapskate, and The Devil, but never Breenberg," he said continuing his chuckle. "All in jest of course. But my evening is going quite well."

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Ah goddamn it. I'm sorry." Garrick shakes his head in shame and nods to Greenberg. Smooth jackass, real smooth

"Don't know where that came from. Haven't spent a lot of time around lawyers." Or dead lawyers. "Good to hear that your night is well."

Melancholy seeps into the white eyed man's voice. "Strange feelings is one way to put it. It's been years and I can still almost remember what it was like before." Being dead has some benefits but everything growing dull is not something Garrick was ever warned about.

M
    Matrixchild

Joseph offered a chuckle again. "It's perfectly alright, I don't take it to heart. I am new after all." At his second comment Joseph added, "well I'm not surprised. Everyone I've met seemed a little surprised to hear about my profession. It's like I'm a unicorn of the community, thought to never be able to exist, though I very much am here," he said with a smile. "And to be fair people don't normally seek out lawyers unless you need them. We're like doctors in that way. No one cares about a lawyer when their liberty or money aren't on the line."

Following the flow of the conversation Joseph said, "I understand. Sometimes I feel like it's a struggle to remember before. Like those memories are more vibrant to the point of almost being a dream."

Garrick Marlon
    Status 2 (Gun Permit)
    Garrick Marlon

Court - No weapons
    Gimme - Pistol and Knife

Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Garrick hums in agreement with Greenberg, almost a dream. "Hmm" Except that the beard reminds Garrick of the night he died, the second death in the family that day.

"Actually, if you don't mind sharing, how do you do it?" Head tilt to regard the dead lawyer before Garrick looks back down the sidewalk, watching for food. "I can barely get to shooting range sometimes and supplies have been a pain in the ass a few times." That whole camera thing? That was another thing Garrick learned on his own, that was a shitty night.

Closed Thread