31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1605) Eternal Seasons

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    S
    Selena

Reminder, this should be wrapped up by June 19th

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

"It was more that it's what I could only remember," Terri replied to Hank's question. "I suppose the way to think about it is instinct. I had a need to fall back on what came back to me, no doubt due to my seeming. I've always been active, a fitness fanatic, and after escaping from my Keeper, climbing was what I knew at the root of my soul, which I could translate better in my role as a personal trainer. Thing was, my fetch had slipped so neatly back into my life, as a personal trainer, that I knew I just couldn't continue in that profession any more. I needed a new challenge, hence, raiment," Terri smiled, turning her head to Charles.

"I hate to say it but your Keeper will always be there, in your thoughts, Charles. Its how you cope with it that'll get you through each day. I'm not going to patronize either of you and say it gets better or easier; I'm pretty certain you're both old enough to get through whatever pain is still there in your own way. All I will say, and I do apologize if it comes out wrong or I offend but...actually, forget about it. Anger is your choice, and I respect that."
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

M
    Matrixchild

"I think the real thing I benefit from as a mechanic is everyone wants to know how long you've been working on cars, but no one needs a resume when they ask. It's always conversationally. So while my Fetch," he said, a subtle resentment hiding beneath his frozen exterior, "is probably continuing what I started before being taken, no one really questions when they ask me to fix their car and I say I've been doing it all my life. All a customer really cares about is if I can get the work done and they can get back to their life." Sometimes the best place to hide yourself was in a culture that only viewed your profession as a necessary speed bump in life and not an essential destination.

As he listened to Terri start, and then stop, about Anger Hank felt he needed to chime in. "I believe Anger is all about how you use it. I see it as a necessary spark. Sorry to use a car metaphor, but I see Anger not as gasoline in a car, but as the spark from the battery that starts the car. You need the gas to keep going, but once you get moving the car actually recharges the battery. For me, Anger helps me wake up and keep moving when I feel the despair come on. It gets me going when things are at their worst. Other things in life certainly keep me going, because man cannot live on Anger alone, but that Anger sure works as a good starting point. I personally believe we need all the emotions of the Courts. Fear, Desire, Sorrow. But Anger's the one I connect with the most and so I use that as my start up spark."

A
    AwakeOrangutang

Charles Goldwater
    Slick Fellow

"You're right, Terri. I hate it being said. But I also kinda enjoy it, in a perverse masochistic sort of way. It's a handy little reminder, compliments the other reminder of me being a shimmering, oil-coated corpse in appearance. Keep laughing, fucker. Because one of these days, I'm gonna tear off whatever passes for your head and throw it to the meanest creatures I can find in the Hedge. I don't know how, I don't when, I don't really know anything. In fact, I'm sure I'll be dead long before it happens. But its the thought that counts." He moves away for a moment to grab him a cup of water, before heading back to their conversation.

"I don't really know if this is anything like Hank's spark theory. But I've never been one to take anything lying down. An eye for an eye. Even when the chances of ever getting even are actually in the negatives. Yes, you I can grow accustomed to what they did to me. Even put it to my advantage. But it's like if someone cuts off your arm. Even if you get used to having one hand, you still ain't going to forgive the person who did it. And while rage can cool with time, all it takes is looking in a mirror or going to work to remind me. Keeps the embers nice and toasty."

"What about you, Terri? You always struck me as awfully friendly for an Autumn. If I didn't know any better, I'd peg you as a Spring Courtier. But your Mantle says otherwise, and let me tell ya, it's a screamer."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

The Beast nodded with both of the guys, agreeing with most of their points. It had been a conversation she'd had many times over the years but still, it was a great one to have, especially with those Terri didn't know that well. Hank's spark analogy was a good one and even Charles' thoughts on never letting the anger cool was something that she could relate to. In a different life, she had once considered joining the Summer Court but in the end, it was the Leaden Mirror that had been her calling. Still, the Crimson Spear would always have her respect, even if she didn't exactly understand their current monarch.

At Charles' query, Terri smiled slightly, not taking offence. It was always a surprise, she found, when new arrivals to the Freehold met her and discovered she was meant to be a member of the Court of Fear.

"Well, to me, its not about being scary and the boogeyman of people's nightmares," Terri chuckled, adjusting the way she stood slightly, leaning against the drinks table gently. "Sure, its one aspect of the Court, and the one that you could say is perhaps the stereotype, the same way that everyone seems to think you Summers are nothing but rage-filled meatheads." Another chuckle, a smile to add to the joke. "But, as we all know, there's more to a Court than it's chosen emotion. To me, fear is what propels a person to greatness, to better things, to challenge and test us. Understand the unknown and its no longer so scary, and can actually make you a better person. Everything can be a challenge and its in taking that first step can lead to amazing, wonderful things. That's where I step in," she finally grinned, brimming with energy.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)

"Absolutely, my Queen. I will start on making those contact overtures to Mr. Leto as soon as possible. It will take work to get a hob to agree on anything, even the color of the sky, but perhaps charm and a friendly smile from behind very sharp teeth will be enough to get midway to a handshake."

She raised her hand, then, "Despite a Manticore's temperment, teeth and quills there is a charm beneath the surface, no? Discourse is always welcome and much to be desired as an opening move."

M
    Matrixchild

Hank listened to Charles delve briefly into his anger. Though his face was stagnant, inside he was glad to hear the fire. It was a notion Hank had certainly thought about, the day he was destroy the one who took him away from his life. He continued to listen as Charles went on. "I see it as a little like Revenge with some Justice thrown in. We're not the only ones they've taken. In my mind they all need to be stopped one day. Anger certainly helps as a motivator."

Hank nodded along with Terri, mostly because he agreed with her points. That sounds like a really healthy way to think about fear. Use fear as an advantage instead of a weakness. I can respect that. I think all the emotions should be thought like that, as a tool for strength, not something to drag us down."

Lynn Mills

Queen of the Verdant Court
    Darkling Nightsinger/Minstrel
    Presence - 2 Mantle (Spring) - 3 Wyrd - 3

FAME
    PRE

Lynn nodded. "A bit of charm can indeed work wonders. A bit of a bribe works equally well. You might consider taking something as a gift to 'ease the way' so to speak. If you'd like to consider something to take along, you're welcome to draw on the Freehold resources, since it's for the good of us all." She tilted her head to the side a bit. "Do you have any other concerns?"

The Manticoress shook her head slightly, then, "I do not think so, Your Majesty."

Juno wasn't that sure about this endeavor, but she wasn't going to let her newly minted Emissary self develop cold feet. Knowing full well that her tendency to overthink things had a way of working against her, she decided to address each step as they came along. To have Daniel around, as well as one of Ramona's hand-picked subordinates did go a long way to put a leash on her fear of floundering. The United Nations wasn't built in a day.

Description

PRE

Terri cocked her head, the smile on her face turning into a grin as Hank spoke. "I think you and I are going to get along very well, Hank," she replied honestly. It was always refreshing to meet another who viewed a similar outlook to herself, even more so if they were a part of the Summer Court, who were often viewed as nothing but a bunch of hotheaded thugs.

Checking her watch, Terri sighed internally. "God, look at the time. Sorry, guys, I need to go. It was nice chatting to you both, hopefully we'll catch up soon," she replied with a smile, one that was as delightful as the gardening surroundings.

Unless stopped, Terri will depart the scene

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.