Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1605) Eternal Seasons

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

"A pleasure to meet you, Charles. Tell me, have you been in the Freehold very long?"

Juno smiled at Terri, taking care to not show too much of her very sharp teeth. She had been doing very well indeed, in fact the Manticoress was truly at ease with her life and it showed in the happy gleam of her eyes. Her Mantle radiated the fresh scent of dew-scented grass and sent it swirling around the area surrounding the small group. All is well indeed.

"I have indeed; have you? It has been so long since we were able to go and do something together; a situation which must be rectified. In fact, I've regained my footing as any Feline should, and if I were any happier, there would be purring." Juno gave the Slow Blink Of Contented Feline Regard, then, "and yes! I still work at the tattoo studio. It is fascinating to hear the stories behind my clients' choices for the designs they wish for their bodies, and what would a Spring be if she did not enable that?"

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"Yes, I suppose I have, though if you haven't seen me often then there's no problem in that. I'm one of them types that likes to retreat into my den and shut out the world for a time. Does wonders for your skin." Another flick of his lighter punctuated his statement.

He really wanted to say something about how 'helpful' enabling someone's desires were, but he felt there was a bit of hypocrisy in that. At least in this case, emotions were about on par, fulfilling wrath and fulfilling desire really didn't matter much. You got what emotions you could. His qualm wasn't necessarily in how they got their kicks. But it did remind him just how focused on desires the Spring could be and that was something that made him clench his teeth. But even had he something witty and not so tangential to his views to say, this also obviously wasn't a Freehold where Court rivalry was an issue. As shown by the open and friendly discussion between two Changelings of opposing Courts in front of him. He didn't know how this might've worked in Houston, these weren't his Courts and they were the two underdogs there, but if Summer and Winter was any example, this wouldn't have been near as congenial. But this wasn't Houston and he hadn't been there for a while now, so he bit his tongue and nodded along to the conversation.

M
    Matrixchild

Looking to Terri Hank offered a nod of his head. "Nice to meet you Terri. I'm Hank Thompson." Hank always found the idea of 'courtless' interesting, especially since they hardly ever had proper representation.

Hank offered a slight chuckle at Charles' words. "Always good to have room for mistakes I guess."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Oops, my bad for the delay...

"Nice to meet you to, Hank," Terri replied with an honest smile to the Elemental, whose appearance was quite the contradiction and something that she found quite fascinating. However, now wasn't the time to bring such subjects to bear, especially when she didn't now anything about the guy.

"I gotta say, getting a tattoo has never really appealed to me. Although, thinking it, that could be because I'm a little apprehensive about the idea of needles," Terri admitted with a snicker. Perhaps that was another challenge to face for the Legate. She looked around, sunglasses still covering her eyes.

This gathering certainly has been a quiet one.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

"True, but at the same time such rewards can be found when one ventures forth and chooses to experience! Here, Charles, is a place where we can gather freely and enjoy what freedom has brought to us. The food, the warmth, the companionship." Juno looked at Terri with a smile on her face, then, "Needles do not frighten me...they came as part of the standard equipment." With that there was a soft rustling sound as the Manticoress fanned her tail quills for emphasis. Her brow furrowed slightly as she took in the fact that Spring was noticeable by the absence of those who represented the season.

Have the seasons turned so quickly and the snows of Winter fallen and quieted the normal rush and din?"

A
    AwakeOrangutang

What freedom has brought to us. What she means to say is now that we're here, we get all sorts of benefits. Like inhuman bodies, seeing all your life's accomplishments whisked away, and a new shaky view on reality. And a small, ever so miniscule, chance for vengeance. But then again, despite all of this, he preferred it to the alternative. It may be a hard bargain but it still beat being under Their thumb.

"Brought? Or bought? We paid a high price to get what we have. This is less about choosing to experience life and more about reclaiming it hand and tooth. But I suppose I can agree with you that we shouldn't squander what we worked so hard to get back."

At Juno's comment, Charles spared a glance around the room himself. He found himself agreeing that it was a surprisingly small turnout. "Yeah, I kinda came here to scope out any new blood, or old blood I didn't know. At the current rate, though, I think I'm one of the newest people here."

M
    Matrixchild

"I can't say I've ever seriously considered getting a tattoo. Nothing I've wanted enough that I'd get it inked onto my body." Hank wasn't necessarily one to make 'snap' decisions and at time he felt that's what tattoos were. Decisions in the moment with the great potential for regret. If he ever got a tattoo, it'd have to be something worth going through it all for.

Looking to Charles before turning towards Juno he added, "there's a fine line between enjoying our freedom, and forgetting all we've lost. In many ways we all start over when we find our way out. Sure, we should enjoy what life has to offer, but I know I'll never forget what they did to me, and in a way that taints everything I experience onward."

Description

Terri's Mask is that of a petite, cute woman with vibrant red hair that has black streaks throughout. Obviously athletic, her natural demeanour is friendly and she always tends to have a smile on her face.

Her fae mien is akin to a red squirrel. She has a long bushy tail and ear tufts that poke through her hair. The black streaks are actually black feathers the are a part of her mien now,; a part of her noble order.

Terri's powerful Mantle initiates itself as the smell of baking bread but brings with it the feeling of the Harvest, that time to take stock of the coming troubles.

PRE

Terri listened to the three as they spoke, finishing her water and placing it back down on the table, nodding as they spoke. When the conversation lulled, the Legate looked to Charles and Hank. "So, Juno's a tattoo artist, I'm currently managing the boarding house. Can I ask what it is you both do?" It was always a good icebreaker and helped Terri understand not only how a changeling supports themselves but how they cope with the everyday mundane that was, really, such a joke it was beyond funny, given the horrors they had no doubt experienced.
    Steepscrambler/Truefriend | Mantle (Autumn) 5 (Smell of Baking Bread/Feeling of the Harvest)
    Presence 4 (Friendly)|Striking Looks 2 (Petite & Cute)

A
    AwakeOrangutang

"You know the Flying J? I'm a night-time and morning cashier there. Because I'm oily, get it? Surely I'm meant to work at a petrol station." He rolled his eyes at the statement before stashing his lighter in his pocket, before he used up all the fuel playing with it. "I imagine the Wyrd thinks it's funny like that, putting like with like. It wasn't for lack of trying but it was the only job to open up when I was canvasing the town. Now I get to moonlight as my polar opposite: a cheerful upbeat mundie who's happy to serve."

The Manticoress nodded,then, "Forget? Never. But at the same time, my Court's philosophy is built around revenge - in a way. It is said that the best means of doing so is in living well. Another charge is that we reach out and encourage others to explore that philosophy, and to find their path no matter the outcome, good or ill. Ah, that is the Sylvan Emissary in me taking the podium."

She smiled slightly, then, Terri, the Boarding House is in good hands with you managing it. A kind word or hand can help far more than anything else when it comes to aiding others in making their way through such....a terrible time....when one is wondering how to land on their feet when the carpet has been snatched from beneath their feet and what they once knew."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.