Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(16 VE) Hmm, Needs Rosemary

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The food looks good. It probably tastes good. Everybody should be happy. Except that, as good as it is, it'll never be quite as good as when a certain Ogress chef had been here. At least they've had a year now to lower their expectations. Ramona grabs a plate and loads it up. "Glad to see you made it," she comments aside to Alex, expecting that he's joined them over here. Then, a little more generally to the group, "Anyone know who that coach out there in the parking lot belongs to?" She lifts her eyes to scan the room again. She's not exactly expecting a True Fae to be sitting in the middle of the room glamouring everyone up, but she wouldn't exactly be surprised either.

Evelynn East

Presence 2 (Curious)
    Wizened Inventor/Telluric

Winter Mantle:
    Moment of hush
    Evelynn East

Mask

Short and petite, Evelynn is pale, with a pair of wide brown eyes hidden behind a set of very large glasses.

Mein

A thin, long-fingered woman with eyes that are impossibly large and glassy, giving her the appearance of wearing large, thick glasses when she's not. Her skin is almost translucent in its paleness, and underneath, one can sometimes see the ticking of clockwork parts.

Mantle

The occasional hush falls around her - those moments of silence where surrounding conversations all lull at the same moment seem to happen more often, or perhaps the silences are just more noticeable.
    Pledges

Winter Annual Freehold Pledge

PRE

Trailing along behind Ramona, Evelynn began to pick out various items from the mouth-watering selection. At her question, the little Inventor perked up and smiled. "Oh! It's Keith 's!" she announced, extended a spindly finger towards the man, and waving in greeting should he look up at the sound of his name. Only then her gaze met Ava for a moment and she couldn't quite stop the little blush that appeared on her cheeks at the memory of falling over her own words at the bookstore.

S
    Saeyer

Ava gave Alex's extended hand a couple of firm shakes before releasing him, what passed for an amicable smile curling her lips. It wasn't so much that the fish-woman lacked for friendliness, but it was hard to make a mouth full of needles look inviting. "Good to meet you, Alex. Glad you'll be joining us." It looked like Ramona wouldn't be lonely in the Summer Court anymore. The humidity that hovered around him wasn't her favorite experience, but it came attached to someone who was very easy to look at so she didn't really mind.

"Hey, Hank. Seems like it. I'd love to know how they plan on deciding..." Her gaze followed his, lingering on where the Springs kept disappearing to. Her curiosity ran high, but since she didn't appreciate when it felt like other Courts stuck their noses in Autumn's inner workings, she wasn't about to try anything now. "I imagine it won't be boring."

A welcoming smile was flashed to Evelynn as they moved toward the buffet and Ava began to fill a little plate. The mention of Keith, after the teasing at the bookstore, twisted her smile briefly into a smirk, but the Nix kept her silence as her eyes met the Wizened's. Settling in beside Hank, Ava nibbled for a moment before speaking again. "How've you been? Sacramento been treating you alright?" It felt like a good opportunity to get to know a little more about the sandy man in a slightly less charged atmosphere than their first encounter.

M
    MrDream

Drawn by the sound of his name, the sight of his blushing friend, and an impressive summer aura... Keith sidles up to the group, although he seems loath to approach the table itself. The leaf knife is still in his hands, and he's examining the hinge with a speculative look that suggests he is struggling not to disassemble it immediately for a closer look.

"Hi."

A hint of anger plays about his face, his gruntle definitely dissed by something.

Dammit, why is it always so hard to get rolling, and then so hard to stop? I feel like a damn child again.

Alex Rivers

Alex was about to speak up about the creepy car... he sort of wonders why Keith didn't go all out and Mask it as a '58 Plymouth Fury... when he sees its driver arrive.

"Hey, guys, this is Keith. He's new as well. He's the one who owns that, uh, custom car you were admiring outside..."

M
    Matrixchild

Hank followed the group towards the buffet table which was absolutely perfect since he was wasting away from hunger. Him and Ramona did really seem to think alike at times. He nodded his head at Ramona's comment of Spring being the test group, another indication of their similar mindset.

As he started loading a plate with every bit of food that drew him in he looked sideways towards Ava as she spoke. "You're right there. Every court will have it different of course, but that doesn't mean it'll be easy. I doubt some will let just the strength of the Wyrd decide. Now's when the real politics start." Hank almost made it sound like he was planning on competing. Was he though? He wasn't even sure he wanted the power or responsibility, but could he really shy away from the role should his court need it?

He offered a head nod of hello in response to Keith joining them.

As he took a seat Ava joined in beside him, which certainly surprised him a little after their last conversation. Of course as usual there was no indication of his surprise upon his face. It remained as neutral as always. "I've been good. Found the clothes I was looking for. I've been thinking I need to expand my interests outside of fixing cars and eating pie though," he said as he looked down at one of his plates, of which he had grabbed a total of three, which contained a piece of pie. Or at least he hoped it was pie. Sometimes California would take something good and ruin it by keeping the appearance but making it something completely different. His mind was flooded with the image of vegetable pizza with no sauce and a strange type of dough he very much did not enjoy. He almost shuddered at the thought.

A life of solitude," he continued, "tends to lead to solitary interests. Any suggestions on some new hobbies?" He figured she might know since it sounded as if she'd been around for a while.

Keith, huh? She turns to follow Evelynn's gesture, and spots the trickster just as he turns and starts making his way towards them. Her jaw works as she masticates a piece of spiral cut ham, eyes regarding him with a level neutrality. His greeting is met with a moment's silence, before she finishes her bite and responds with a simple, "Hi." People come out of Faerie with all sorts of strange things. This wouldn't be the first time that it had included some sort of companion or mount, but it certainly isn't the norm. A beat of silence goes by before she speaks again. "Interesting ride you have out there."

M
    MrDream

Keith flashes Alex a smile for helping introduce him and get the social ball rolling. Like an engine prone to seizing up, he appreciates a good jumpstart.

The woman with the impressive summer aura seems to be interested in Rumble. It would hate that... and Keith not so secretly enjoyed it's annoyance at attention. He had promised not to pry into the affairs of the infernal machine, but what others did without any prompting from him could hardly be held against him. The thought cheered him considerably and restored his nonchalant archness.

"Yes. I doubt my friends and I could have escaped without it."

He certainly had been in no shape to run through the hedge, physically or mentally. Due to circumstances that Ramona's energetic chewing of dripping ham was reminding him of... quite unpleasantly.

He continued, "I am always on the lookout for ways to repay it... but can't really entrust it to the local auto-zone for a new set of rims or sparkplugs."

He snapped the leaf knife shut as an emphasis.

"I would be willing to part with cash or favors if someone wasn't too busy to help out with some improvements... ?"

A mechanic he knew, who bore a soothing resemblance to his grandfather, or the impressive summer it would be good to learn about... he had heard she smithed at the forge... but didn't expect her to smell so strongly of it... unless that was just a side effect of his semi-snout.

Keith shook his head, his social engine revving up seemed to bring some distracting thought chains along with it, and his eye fell upon Evelyn again.

If there was a literal gear-head in his life, it would certainly be her, and yet he hadn't really ever considered her working with the cruel runes and sharp slats of wood, stone, metal and leather that comprised Rumble... her creations all seemed so alive, intricate, and dainty, in a way totally opposite of Rumble's vaguely creepy emptiness.

The one thing Rumble would tolerate invasion for was the possibility of improving itself, something Keith had not done enough of since promising to help it adapt to his world.

ooc

Tally Benoit

Merits:

Court Goodwill(Summer) •
    Eidetic Memory
    Fleet of Foot •••
    Hedgespun Wolf Whistle ••
    Fast Reflexes •

Health: [][][][][][][][]
    Clarity: •••••••
    Willpower: ••••••
    Glamour: 9/10

Beast Blessing:

8a when Animal Ken skill and spend Glamour to a die to dice pools involving Pre and Com.

Curse:

Suffer -4 to untrained Mental skills. No 10-again with Intelligence pools

Kith Blessing:

Tooth and Claw: Causes Lethal Damage instead of Bashing when fighting unarmed.

Freehold Commendation Benefits:

+ 1 to Clarity degeneration roll and + 1 to Brawl

PRE

Tally walks over to fill a plate with food after spending a few minutes watching people split up and drift into different directions while a few more Spring Coutiers head into the Spring Meeting. As she takes a plate, she greets those hanging about. "Hey Ramona. Hank."

"Hello, I'm Tally." She introduces herself as she glances toward Keith and Alex. "I hope you have been enjoying yourselves thus far."

S
    Saeyer

"As hobbies go, pie eating certainly isn't a bad one," Ava said with a touch of amusement, looking at Hank's plate. It was certainly a little entertaining, and perhaps endearing, to imagine him out pie-hunting, searching for the perfect piece. At the request for suggestions she pursed her lips, eyes scanning the faces nearby for the spark of an idea.

"Mm, well. Let's see. A few folks do parkour; that's mostly Morgan's wheelhouse, and she's usually pretty willing to teach." Did she really imagine Old Man Hank doing parkour? No. But hey, who knew, maybe he was more spry than he looked. "Other than that... I think the most common social hobby in the Freehold is drinking." The Nix grinned crookedly, and shrugged with one shoulder. "I'm always a proponent of reading as a hobby, but it's pretty solitary too."

Sending a nod and a smile toward Keith and Tally, Ava munched on a little fruit tart, considering somthing Hank had mentioned."Are you interested in politics?" It was an innocent question, not specifically intended to dovetail the previous topic of the various coronations. But it had seemed like there was a little something there, and she was a curious creature by nature.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 29

You do not have permission to view the list of names.