Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 49 of 53 First ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 Last

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

And as far as discord is concerned, I find this to be a bit too personal as you might be able to find out more about me with regards to other games/groups I am a part of. If this is wrong and I somehow misunderstood discord, I will try again there too.
    Psh. You do you. If you aren't a discord person, no worries. It just means all interactions will be through the forum.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know for myself I really do not have time to go investigating other people's lives. So if there is a way to track what other servers someone is on through discord ... I do not know it. And even if I did I don't have time/energy/interest in that level of snoop.

I will say some of the group are pretty open with their lives on the discord server itself. But it's up to each person. *shrug*

X

Twist Scenes

I was told at the beginning of this month that the July Sanctuary was supposed to end precisely on the 31st, so I hope it is OK the way I wrapped up Philip in this way and doesnt create continuity errors beside the obvious things he can no longer hear as he is no longer part of the scene for the remainder of the time it is live. The timing of the 31st is coming very quickly because of the posting rate in the Sanctuary thread in the last two weeks. I`m sorry I didn`t ask about this earlier, but this question only popped into my mind when I wrote my piece for Philip and looking back at previous posts about this. So I have a question for the future. Is it possible to make a seamless transition during a conversation from one Sanctuary scene to the next and did I just make a logical mistake as to how transitions work or can work here? Or did I misunderstand the things said at the beginning of this month and read into them too word for word? This is new to me so I am just curious.

Puck Scenes

Every sanctuary/concilium is a different thread happening on a different date, so transition is whatever the character would do leaving a meeting one day and joining the meeting another. It was actually the expectation back in the day to write your character out of a scene at the end but that stopped happening at one point so it's no big deal.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Twist

Mask of Tranquility
    Sand

Xisdor
    You can go ahead and update Philip Crosen 's Consilium status to one as he has been acknowledged.

5. Likes Ruach, Xander liked this post

Twist

Mask of Tranquility
    Sand

Quick reminder on pacing rules-

QuoteQuote:
    Please do not get more than 2 posts 'ahead' of the slowest poster in a Scene. **This '1 ahead' allowance should be the exception and not the rule** -- it should only be used to facilitate things like breaking off scenes or to keep things moving if, say, a character whose turn it isn't has been asked a direct question that everyone else is waiting for the answer on. This should never be done 'just because' or out of impatience or to gain some advantage. Be polite. Be considerate. Wait your turn.

If a player whose turn it is to post has taken more than 48 hours to respond, the other players/characters are free to move on, without IC consequences/repercussions. If someone does not reply for more than 96 hours after their last 'at bat', you may proceed as though they had left.
    This last comes into play most often in the "larger" social scenes like Concilium. As long as the 48 hours has elapsed, you are welcome to post past the person up in order to keep the scene moving.

For current example:
    Philip posted on Aug 17th 9:30 am (my time)
    +48 hours would make it Aug 19th 9:30 am
    Witch did not post within this time, so it would have been acceptable for Winter to then post.

Witch did post on Aug 21st 9:05 am
    +48 hours would make it Aug 23rd 9:05 am
    Winter has not yet posted within this time, so it is acceptable for Chambers to post.

Keep an eye on the thread for folks who have posted that they will be out. And if you are concerned about the jump, feel free to reach out to a player through PM/here/Discord. Or bump a post to let the player know. Real life is the priority, but we do want to try and keep scenes moving.

7. Likes , Xander liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

potentially dumb question ahead:

If a post has been up for 96+ hours is the person 2 marbles back good to post? or can you only only jump if your the one waiting in the wings??
    Reuban Brigh

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

I give each marble 48 hours personally. So after 48 hours I skip the first marble, and at 96 I jump the second. Other wise you hit 48 hours and it's a free for all trying to post.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

11. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    X

Twist Scenes

It seems I made a mistake in Collection Hunters, which ReubanBrightwood drew my attention to, yesterday evening. I somehow thought Chambers was actually talking about Fate to Witch, and commented on this in Philip`s thought process. But it was a thought of Chambers and not speech, instead. It was late in the evening, my TZ and I somehow confirmation-biased a longer sentence, disregarding the italics, and then forgot to proofread afterwards. This was a bad (but an honest) mistake on my part. I don`t know what to do or say about this, but I wanted to point it out.

13. Likes liked this post

Verity Carmen Scenes
      Remember, ExitScene
      Blush, Be in Awe
     Blush, Imbibe
      Blush, Imbibe
     Blush, imbibe, 

(I'm aware I have absolutely no authority on the matter) -- my 2 pence, as I see it, it hasn't changed how our characters interact or how the scene plays out. Everybody is human, and honest mistakes happen.

In terms of what to do, Philips engagement was also a thought so something that won't be interacted with (Unless mind reading shenanigans are afoot). so I don't see why we can't just move forward as if it never occurred??
    Reuban Brigh

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Mistakes like this happen, and I've always seen it handled IC.

17. Likes Ruach, Xander liked this post
Page 49 of 53 First ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 Last
+ Reply to Thread