Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 38 of 54 First ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... Last

Twist Scenes

I am not aware of that and I don't find it in the wiki. Is it an Adamantine Arrow thing?
    Furthermore I was talking more generally on how Minor Penance should be handled IMO. In this situation, I am not even sure Phoenyx would get a reprimand let alone a penance.
    I will totally find something cool to put here - eventually.

0 Scenes

People have been punished with harsher penalties for less severe crimes, as for the Oaths, second Phalanx, first Corollary from the AA book.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

I don't have the AA book, sorry.
    Also that something happened a certain way in the past doesn't mean we have to continue with the same practice. People come and go and situations change. Of course, we can continue with the same practice, but it needs to be decided.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

It's that time again: XP-Reports can be submitted until the last day of the month.

7. Likes Ruach, Fedup liked this post

Twist Scenes

Orianna Aurora Zeromancer

About how to "Secretly order" strange chocolate flavor for others, I would suggest each of us to actually describe what is in the chocolate our characters order for the other character but the recipient doesn't know ICly. Aurora orders for Zero ~> Zero orders for Corn ~> Corn orders for Aurora.

So, say Corn orders Bitter chocolate with peppermint and honey for Aurora (I am pretty sure this exists). Fedup writes that in his post. Aurora doesn't know what she receives and her player rolls wits+composure - 2 (or something, we won't sweat it I guess) to have Aurora figure it out with the help of the store's catalogue that has like 150 flavors.

What do you think?

9. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

I have no problem with it if Aeolus doesn't see a problem But a good way to make things a bit more interesting!

11. Likes Ruach, Aeolus liked this post

Twist Scenes

Aeolus Xander Vincent Orianna

Can Corn skip the rest and answer to winter on this post or I should wait? We're running out of time, that's the only reason I am asking.

13. Likes Orianna liked this post

Puck Scenes

Frankly, Crystal and Moira ( pisces ) are the only ones that really matter at this point. The verdict is guilty (Moira, Winter, and Aurora are clearly ruling that direction) and we just need the Councilors to consult the tetragrammaton and mete out the punishment and it's mechanics.

I've given my recommendation. The only reason I'm against an oath is because it's what Arrows should be doing anyway. It's not justice to tell someone to just carry on as they would be when they break the law. Community service via mana penalty. It's a slap on the wrist for a punishment that was always going to be a slap on the wrist.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

15. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

The verdict is guilty (Moira, Winter, and Aurora are clearly ruling that direction) and we just need the Councilors to consult the tetragrammaton and mete out the punishment and it's mechanics.
    Yeap.

Community service via mana penalty. It's a slap on the wrist for a punishment that was always going to be a slap on the wrist.
    I think "community penalty via mana penalty" is reasonable if minor penance passes, but there should be some limit, Xander. A -5 or -6 penalty to mana is not a minor penance. A -1 or at most -2 should do the trick.
    Furthermore the penalty for Vulgar magic in front of sleepers is shown to be Major Reprimand in the wiki.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

I've stated the limit, and you still aren't understanding it.

As I've stated before we don't use mana for anything, so a -2 is not a real punishment. I really don't think you understand how unimportant mana is, nor can you seem to draw the line from vulgar magic in front of sleeper witnesses to minor penance for some bizarre reason. Phoenyx took the bonus to paradox for sleeper witnesses and given the fact she cast directly on a sleeper in front of another sleeper it's safe tp say it's known she did so. This farcical argument Corn keeps fixating on doesn't change the fact a publicly known (IC and OOC) modifier was applied and for a clear and obvious IC reason.

Also given Xadun used 2 points of mana in four plots over two years? Even -5 is a joke. It's also completely arbitrary. Why -2? Why -5? Loss of hallow is a raw precedent (See Sanctum and Sigil), and loss of mana equal to wisdom reinforces your morality stat as something that might actually come up and a roughly equivalent amount to what people invest/pool together (2-4 hallow dots for 6+ mana). That makes the tasks roughly equivalent regardless of hallow access/cabal pooling.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 38 of 54 First ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread